User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kencaillat View Post
2 Execellent ideas! Thank you, I will contact the plant. I will be visiting there at the end of this month and have already contacted them.
KC
I have suggested that they make the old studio into a museum. Now they need memorabilia. Any suggestions? Donated or for sale?
Old 06-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Ken, you appear to work very well with Christine. After all, she invited you to help her out on her most recent solo album in 2004. Were you two particularly close in a professional context during the recording of Rumours? What was she like to work with? I've heard she can be quite generous in laying down foundations for other musicians to build upon. Do you recall specific example of this?
No, we were not particually close. She could be rather arrogant at times. Like if she didn't like the shirt I was wearing she would blurt out
" Ken, what a F@@King stupid shirt you're wearing, then puff on her cig and sip her champagne. But in the studio, musically, she was hard working and professional, like one of the guys. I liked her.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ench View Post
Some other bands, for example The Beatles, all chipped in a bit on each others' songs, even when not credited.

Did the same thing happen with FM? Did they all share ideas to some extent?

Did Christine, working temperamental 70s electric keyboards, have much in the way of equipment "issues"?
She was the bands keyboard player. Everyone helped everyone and shared ideas. It was their album. They wanted it to sell well.
No she didn't have equipment issues, those keyboards worked great all the time. We did have issues keeping the grand in tune.
kc
Old 06-23-2009, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have suggested that they make the old studio into a museum. Now they need memorabilia. Any suggestions? Donated or for sale?
Just off the top of my head: Photographs, awards, costumes, gold & platinum records, instruments, and other unique and sundry items. Perhaps you could ask the band members if they would be willing to donate any of their collections. This could go beyond the Rumours era band as well, and depending on the size of the space could include memorabilia from other bands who have recorded at the plant. If the Sausalito plant is serious about this endeavor it would be necessary to have some people on staff who have museum, archives, preservation and librarian backgrounds. Like myself.

I know that much of Judy Wong's photograph collection were and continue to be sold on Ebay. I'm not certain if the negatives were sold or just the prints, but from what I have seen she had an extraordinary collection which would be wonderful thing for the Plant to obtain.

Erin
Old 06-23-2009, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There is a tour case thing on eBay from about 1975 for $300.

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 06-23-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
No, we were not particually close. She could be rather arrogant at times. Like if she didn't like the shirt I was wearing she would blurt out
" Ken, what a F@@King stupid shirt you're wearing, then puff on her cig and sip her champagne. But in the studio, musically, she was hard working and professional, like one of the guys. I liked her.
Awesome... I love her even more now...
Old 06-24-2009, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

First of all, thank you so much for bringing an insider's look to Rumours to all of us through this book! As a 17-year-old who absolutely adores Fleetwood Mac but has missed the opportunity to experience the greater portion of their career, I am especially grateful

The VH1 program on Rumours touched on this a little, but I think there's probably much more to be said-- Considering the album's autobiographical nature, what was it like to watch Christine, Stevie and Lindsey introduce potential tracks for the album to the rest of the band? Was Stevie ever writing new music in response to a new Lindsey song, and vice versa? To what extent did the hostility/tension exist initially, and how strongly would it carry through the recording sessions?

We all know that although there was a lot of arguing between the couples, Rumours still somehow managed to make it through. It would be interesting to hear what affect the drug use played on the dynamics in the studio-- did it make the couples more or less "emotionally charged"?

I know that a few of Stevie's songs were taken from an earlier era, but what about Lindsey and Christine's? Were they writing immediately before or during the recording of Rumours?

Outside of their musical components, what did each member of the band bring to the making of Rumours? Mick served as the backbone/neutral witness to all the insanity, another member showed the most hostility and couldn't hide his or her emotions, yet another did a good job moving past the relationship issues and focusing on the music....? What specific characteristics an attitudes shone through each person?

I think that's all I have for now, but I'll come back here if I think of anything else. I'm sorry if my questions are vague or already answered-- but honestly, these are the things that I feel truly intensify the album's success.

Thank you so much, Ken! Awesome that you're doing this
Old 06-24-2009, 05:09 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thanks Ken for chosing the Ledgies for input!!!!
Lots of good questions here---and I cant' think of much more and can't wait to read your book.

Well, my question that hasn't been asked yet is:

You had come into the Mac's life before the HUGE sucess and helped them achieve their Iconic status. There was once an interview which each member claimed all that money/sucess hadn't changed them. I 'd like to know if you REALLY believe that? And if so, what changes had you witnessed in your opinion?

Thanks again!
Old 06-25-2009, 12:19 AM
Registered

Quote:
Wow, nice attitude. First the fans point of view always matter and it was a long time ago and I'm trying to put as many details back together as possible. Remember we worked 12 hours a day 7 days a week, sitting in a room together, working things out. My book is not finished, I wrote a 130 page outline and now I'm finding the people who were there and have disappeared.
kc
I was not trying to be 'flip' with my statement... and was actually complimenting that it sounded like your book had Great Details...

Donnie Wayne ~
Old 06-27-2009, 02:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ken,
Thank you for doing this. I greatly appreciate it. "Rumours" is one of the FM albums/CD's that I used to help teach me to play the drums and I return to it frequently when practicing. (I'm a huge fan of Mick's as you could probably tell.)

My question is about his drums during that period. Are there plans for the book to discuss his drum sound, his playing, his attitude toward various tracks and his input on those? I would assume so but wanted to make sure.

Also, did any special technical issues arise in Mick's vision/input on drum tracks for the album? If so, what?

Finally, did Mick have any special drums made for the album? Things not readily available at the local music store or anything outside the norm?

Thanks again Ken. Best of luck on the book.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How rude!

Gail
Old 06-28-2009, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness Fades View Post
Who blew the most on Drugs?
I'm sure no one remembers the answer to that question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness Fades View Post
What did the Recording Studio in Sausilito smell like?
Probably some really fine pot and occasionally some hash.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly my thoughts! My first work with them was Rumours and that is truely where the story begins. I believe that the story of Rumours with all the heartache and sacrafice and work, will set the stage to tell about the other 3 albums I did with Fleetwood Mac (and all crazy events that went on in between). Kc
Please, please follow through on this. There is so precious little we know about Mirage.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseGarden View Post
Thanks Ken for chosing the Ledgies for input!!!!
Lots of good questions here---and I cant' think of much more and can't wait to read your book.

Well, my question that hasn't been asked yet is:

You had come into the Mac's life before the HUGE sucess and helped them achieve their Iconic status. There was once an interview which each member claimed all that money/sucess hadn't changed them. I 'd like to know if you REALLY believe that? And if so, what changes had you witnessed in your opinion?

Thanks again!
Hi, no they changed! Over the years it got worse and worse. But money and fame and people coming after you all the time does that. Most celebs have two sides one, their regular person side and two the celeb. With some people they can only show the regular person side and with most they are aloof and reserved. But we all know when they show us the star side, it's just bs. "Please, put that crap away" John and Mick are the best. Lindsey and Stevie and Chris can be just full of themselves.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hi, no they changed! Over the years it got worse and worse. But money and fame and people coming after you all the time does that. Most celebs have two sides one, their regular person side and two the celeb. With some people they can only show the regular person side and with most they are aloof and reserved. But we all know when they show us the star side, it's just bs. "Please, put that crap away" John and Mick are the best. Lindsey and Stevie and Chris can be just full of themselves.

Just as I suspected.