Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-27-2004, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Another rare show...

that does exist, But someone is holding onto it is the soundboard recording of the Tusk tour stop in Oklahoma City (I don't have the actual date). The only track "officially" released was "Over And Over" which appeared on the "Fleetwood Mac Live" release.

When I was younger I remember hearing tracks from this show played on a classic rock station in Tulsa, 97.5 KMOD. KMOD were quite fond of playing of Lindsey's take of "Oh Well" since it was a rather rocking version.

I havent seen the 1980 Atlanta audience recording yet, But if anyone wants to let me know who has it I would be much appreciative.

Brian j.

ps-I wished some people would check their version of the "so-called" May 7,1977 Day On The Green recording before trading it, I have received several copies of this show and each is the May 18,1977 OKC show (Which is a great recording, Hopefully I can find the DAO version of it)

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 07-31-2004, 07:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliP
Have you listened to "Dreams" off of it yet?? I couldn't believe how listless she sounded. I think it's the worst version of "Dreams" I have ever heard her sing.
Then i have to mention the Alpine Valley 82 show!! have you heard sara, dreams off this!! Stevie actually sounds the worst on everyone of her songs. So dreary and mostly she kept saying her lines way out of sync to the point that it was not cool and just terrible! It is the only cd (apart from Lindsey demo of Walk a thin line with him doing the whiny thing) that i will not opt to put on my cd player....
Old 07-31-2004, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default And one other...

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
that does exist, But someone is holding onto it is the soundboard recording of the Tusk tour stop in Oklahoma City (I don't have the actual date). The only track "officially" released was "Over And Over" which appeared on the "Fleetwood Mac Live" release.

When I was younger I remember hearing tracks from this show played on a classic rock station in Tulsa, 97.5 KMOD. KMOD were quite fond of playing of Lindsey's take of "Oh Well" since it was a rather rocking version.

I havent seen the 1980 Atlanta audience recording yet, But if anyone wants to let me know who has it I would be much appreciative.

Brian j.

ps-I wished some people would check their version of the "so-called" May 7,1977 Day On The Green recording before trading it, I have received several copies of this show and each is the May 18,1977 OKC show (Which is a great recording, Hopefully I can find the DAO version of it)
Another one that should surface (or I hope will) is Wichita 8/23/80. Say You Love Me was recorded for Fleetwood Mac Live '80 so I am sure there is a show out there. I am gonna have to wait.
Old 07-31-2004, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janis_no1
Then i have to mention the Alpine Valley 82 show!! have you heard sara, dreams off this!! Stevie actually sounds the worst on everyone of her songs. So dreary and mostly she kept saying her lines way out of sync to the point that it was not cool and just terrible! It is the only cd (apart from Lindsey demo of Walk a thin line with him doing the whiny thing) that i will not opt to put on my cd player....
That show is unlistenable. I could bear that maybe the band was having a little too much fun before they hit the stage but the sound quality of this boot is abominable. The only song that I really like on it is Hold Me.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Rumours77
Another one that should surface (or I hope will) is Wichita 8/23/80. Say You Love Me was recorded for Fleetwood Mac Live '80 so I am sure there is a show out there. I am gonna have to wait.
I'd love to see a great recording of 8.23.80 surface sometime, but SYLM on "Live" isn't from that show, or even that tour.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
That show is unlistenable. I could bear that maybe the band was having a little too much fun before they hit the stage but the sound quality of this boot is abominable.
My old copy is one of the best-sounding audience recordings from 1982. Has that tape been duplicated too much?
Old 07-31-2004, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation I have to agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
My old copy is one of the best-sounding audience recordings from 1982. Has that tape been duplicated too much?
my copy from 1982 sounds fine...I'm sure the quality has degraded due to duplicating the tape too much.

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 07-31-2004, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd love to see a great recording of 8.23.80 surface sometime, but SYLM on "Live" isn't from that show, or even that tour.
Is it? On my "Live" LP/CD they both say Say You Love Me - Wichita, and If it wasn't from that tour when was it? Could it be 1975?
Old 07-31-2004, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Rumours77
Is it? On my "Live" LP/CD they both say Say You Love Me - Wichita, and If it wasn't from that tour when was it? Could it be 1975?
1977, actually. The sleeve itinerary on that album has always been misleading because it implies that all those songs were recorded on that tour. There's just a city listed for each track & no mention of a year -- the sensible reaction is to assume that the songs are all from 1979-80. But many of them aren't: Monday Morning, Say You Love Me, Dreams, Over My Head, Rhiannon, Don't Let Me Down Again & Don't Stop.

The clues are numerous & solid: arrangement (e.g., compare the structure of "Don't Stop" on "Live" with "Don't Stop" from a 1980 performance with its 12-bar coda), sound of voices, vocal arrangement & improvisation, known audio or video (e.g., the 1977 promotional vids for "Don't Stop" & "Dreams" or the 1977 Japanese TV broadcast), instruments used (e.g., Les Paul instead of Turner, pianet instead of CP-30) etc.
Old 07-31-2004, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
1977, actually. The sleeve itinerary on that album has always been misleading because it implies that all those songs were recorded on that tour. There's just a city listed for each track & no mention of a year -- the sensible reaction is to assume that the songs are all from 1979-80. But many of them aren't: Monday Morning, Say You Love Me, Dreams, Over My Head, Rhiannon, Don't Let Me Down Again & Don't Stop.

The clues are numerous & solid: arrangement (e.g., compare the structure of "Don't Stop" on "Live" with "Don't Stop" from a 1980 performance with its 12-bar coda), sound of voices, vocal arrangement & improvisation, known audio or video (e.g., the 1977 promotional vids for "Don't Stop" & "Dreams" or the 1977 Japanese TV broadcast), instruments used (e.g., Les Paul instead of Turner, pianet instead of CP-30) etc.

im not questioning this!!, whoa David really knows he's stuff.. Hail to mighty David!
Old 07-31-2004, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
my copy from 1982 sounds fine...I'm sure the quality has degraded due to duplicating the tape too much.
To me it wasn't so much the quality, i just remember the singing was damn awful from SN. I dont even remember the quality, unfortunately good or bad quality couldn't hide this monstrosity! (wonder how you spell that )
Old 07-31-2004, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I guess. I've got it on a disc and it sounds like it was transferred through someone's vacuum cleaner.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 07-31-2004 at 07:26 PM..
Old 07-31-2004, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
The sleeve itinerary on that album has always been misleading because it implies that all those songs were recorded on that tour. There's just a city listed for each track & no mention of a year -- the sensible reaction is to assume that the songs are all from 1979-80. But many of them aren't: Monday Morning, Say You Love Me, Dreams, Over My Head, Rhiannon, Don't Let Me Down Again & Don't Stop.

I think we actually need to create a thread solely to clear up the origins of the 'Live' album tracks.

I think it would be pretty interesting and useful (well, at least to we anal retentives), to have the information in one place.
Old 07-31-2004, 09:04 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
I think we actually need to create a thread solely to clear up the origins of the 'Live' album tracks.

I think it would be pretty interesting and useful (well, at least to we anal retentives), to have the information in one place.
Is it just me or does Over My Head on the Nashville 1977 boot sound identical to the one on the "Live" album? That always confused me. I was under the impression that that LP was all recorded on the Tusk tour, but I guess it all wasn't?
Old 07-31-2004, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Like mentioned before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew

there needs to be a ongoing Fleetwood Mac live bootleg thread (Mainly for live recordings from 1967-1997...I think I have the 2003-2004 stuff pretty much covered).

There's ton of stuff available and we need to get the correct info on dates/location/setlists instead of guessing.