Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
that's rhetorical, right
I know, right! We are talking about FM here!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

itunes ALSO has the deluxe edition (minus the packaging of course) -- but WITH Rosebud for $29. that's not bad at all.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

well this may be my bday present to myself next year. i'd go with the itunes version, but i'm a sucker for packaging. plus, it comes with a vinyl copy as well... pretty things!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
US Rumours Deluxe Edition now on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Rumours-Deluxe...ood+mac+deluxe
Looking pretty. Michele
Old 12-13-2012, 01:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

For $83.34 they are not going to sell many copies at that price.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-13-2012, 03:45 AM
Supporting Ledgie

I kinda feel like they should be including the DVD-A version of the album at that price...
Old 12-13-2012, 04:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
For $83.34 they are not going to sell many copies at that price.
"Records don't sell these days! Only our diehard fans would actually BUY a new album and everyone else would just pirate it. How about we release Rumours again, but this time we will include a bunch of rare stuff our diehard fans will buy! But I mean it is Rumours, EVERYONE bought that album! So you know EVERYONE will go out and buy it AGAIN! In fact, it is so amazing, not only do people not pirate it, but I bet they will be willing to pay over $80 for it!"

Proof that the music industry killed itself way before the internet had a chance.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's like Star Wars over kill a great thing. There is so many great things they can release on dvd instead of repackaging Rumours.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

fair enough if you have enough Rumours cds, etc. - i get that - and i even get that 83 bucks is a lot of money, but for what you're getting, i think it's fair. you're getting 3 cds, a dvd, and an lp. i love vinyl, but what sucks today is how expensive it is, i assume because the demand is just not there. i know SWS was about $35, which is commensurate with the cost of all new artists on vinyl. i've seen them go from anywhere between 20 and 40 bucks. the black keys had a special edition lp that was mighty expensive, had to skip out on that one.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I ONLY want the DVD. Someone buy the set, pirate the DVD for me, and I'll pay you $20 for the DVD!
Old 12-13-2012, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Buy the whole thing and you have 6 different gifts you can give various people: "Here's a vinyl copy of Rumours for you. Here's a Fleetwood Mac DVD for your brother."

Get all your shopping done at once.

The thing is, the collectors who will pay for this already have all the Rumours they can stand and would also pay $85 for an obscure album like Mirage. Man, you remaster Mirage, give us outtakes, and put the US Festival on DVD in one package and I will walk through the desert for it, in high heels, carrying a portrait of myself under one arm.

Michele
Old 12-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Buy the whole thing and you have 6 different gifts you can give various people: "Here's a vinyl copy of Rumours for you. Here's a Fleetwood Mac DVD for your brother."

The thing is, the collectors who will pay for this already have all the Rumours they can stand and would also pay $85 for an obscure album like Mirage. Man, you remaster Mirage, give us outtakes, and put the US Festival on DVD in one package and I will walk through the desert for it, in high heels, carrying a portrait of myself under one arm.

Michele
yes!

that's a great idea by the way, about giving each piece as a present!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindOfWoman90 View Post
fair enough if you have enough Rumours cds, etc. - i get that - and i even get that 83 bucks is a lot of money, but for what you're getting, i think it's fair. you're getting 3 cds, a dvd, and an lp. i love vinyl, but what sucks today is how expensive it is, i assume because the demand is just not there. i know SWS was about $35, which is commensurate with the cost of all new artists on vinyl. i've seen them go from anywhere between 20 and 40 bucks. the black keys had a special edition lp that was mighty expensive, had to skip out on that one.
But doesn't that defy basic economics? The higher the demand = the higher the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
Yes!!! I think the people who are really going to buy this for themselves would also buy an amazing packaging of any FM album, and more diehards would go out of there way for something completely new. I also think a new record would sell more than this! Of course, new music would cost more to make, but at least it keeps the band fresh and alive. As far as gifts go however, idk. I honestly don't know that many people I could give Mac gifts to and even if I did I can't buy it until after Christmas :[
Old 12-13-2012, 07:33 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Forgive me if I missed this in the thread, but, does anyone know the ROSEBUD specifics? Is it in widescreen? Was the footage and audio remastered? How many songs is on it?
Old 12-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Forgive me if I missed this in the thread, but, does anyone know the ROSEBUD specifics? Is it in widescreen? Was the footage and audio remastered? How many songs is on it?
We don't know that. Stop trying to get specific information. It's a secret. Just pay the $85 and don't ask questions. As MST3K used to say, "the plot of this movie is none of our business."

Michele