Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-25-2010, 04:13 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Thanks, ChiliD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
WOW! 32 tracks?!?! Are we talking a double album? I'd buy it!: thumbsup: (but, then, I'd buy it even if it only had 1 track! )
That's quite an encouragement. Yes, we are talking a double CD, but if we go with CD Baby, maybe they'll go out separately. Lots of formulating at the moment considering the state of the record label industry with downloading etc.! It's not what it was say even four or five years ago.
Keep your fingers crossed for the right moves.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy spencer View Post
That's quite an encouragement. Yes, we are talking a double CD, but if we go with CD Baby, maybe they'll go out separately. Lots of formulating at the moment considering the state of the record label industry with downloading etc.! It's not what it was say even four or five years ago.
Keep your fingers crossed for the right moves.
Wow I knew there was a good reason that I checked the ledge. I'll keep my fingers crossed for at least something new from Jeremy.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Wow I knew there was a good reason that I checked the ledge. I'll keep my fingers crossed for at least something new from Jeremy.
Hi! How's life with the new baby??
Old 12-12-2010, 07:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
Hi! How's life with the new baby??
Hell.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Hell.
Oooh....Sorry! I hope it gets better!
Old 02-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just wanted to inquire if anyone had any new news about the upcoming Jeremy Spencer album.

Also just wanted to express my enthusiastic anticipation for said album.

Am I the only person equally psyched for new Stevie, Lindsey, AND Jeremy albums?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Just wanted to inquire if anyone had any new news about the upcoming Jeremy Spencer album.

Also just wanted to express my enthusiastic anticipation for said album.

Am I the only person equally psyched for new Stevie, Lindsey, AND Jeremy albums?
Yep. I'm so not psyched about the new Lindsey album... (hated the last two)
Old 02-08-2011, 07:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=slipkid;886984]The biggest rift to mend isn't between Jeremy Spencer, and Peter Green; it's John McVie, and Peter Green. After all these years, John McVie is still angry that Peter Green tried to convince (then) Christine Perfect not to marry John.

I had not ever heard this story .However ,consider the traumas* going on between the band members during the recording of Rumours , yet they still managed to make the album and then tour ! It would seem there are still things between two of them till this day, but they still recently played together on stage !,
I would've thought whatever McVie now thinks about Peter , and he certainly rates him as a guitar player , music would overide his feelings and I think he would certainly play on stage with him if he was convinced the music was working out .

*(recent BBC doc screened again 3 times last weekend in UK together with the Peter Green Man of the World Doc )
Old 02-21-2011, 08:52 PM
Junior Ledgie

I respectfully disagree. I say that, because I am not aware of it being fact how John feels, or if that's the main problem, however, if there is such proof, please let me/us know. As for OPINION, I would agree that a big riff is McVie/Green but not for the "Peter warning Chris" thing- in docs I've seen on the subject I get the impression all parties considered Peter's "warning" to simply be a friend looking out for friend(s). I get the impression Peter felt John could not handle marriage at the time (and it would seem he was correct). While John may not have liked it at the time (and I would even debate that) I would figure he has long since "forgiven" Peter for that.

I think the big thing is that John has never forgiven Peter for "changing". And by that, I mean a MAJOR factor for John was the "Munich incident", but I see it as more than that. I see John sad at what was once a dear close friend, "changing" or leaving him/the band. Wanting to give the money away, becoming isolated, leaving the band etc. I suspect Peter rarely, if ever, talked to John after leaving, and I suspect John was "hurt" by that. Mick probably was also, but over years, "reached out" to Peter and re-established a "partial" relationship. John has not (to my knowledge). In fact, in one of the docs, John mentions how he was close to going to see Peter once but "couldn't". John says something like he prefers to remember Peter the way he was.

To a larger point, I think that is the MAIN obsticle- that Peter is no longer the same person he was in the 60s, and I suspect he "fears" people want him to be (and he can't be). I know nobody is the same, and I know plenty of people like "old" Peter and "new" Peter, but I feel like Peter must feel like it's almost an alter ego of himself. John, and Mick, have not changed that much, by comparison.

Thirdly, I believe Jeremy might also be somewhat hesitant to attempt to "relive the past".

I would LOVE to see a reunion of the original Fleetwood Mac. The only way I see it happening is the combination of many factors. First, everyone involved would have to allow this to be something "new"- not a rehash of the old. Mick cannot turn this into a "Greatest hits" thing- I'd say Peter and Jeremy would have to be allowed to play what they want to (and don't want to). Second, John would have to forgive whatever it is that he harbors towards Peter, and possibly Jeremy(?). Third, Peter, and to some extent Jeremy, would have to see this as a group of musicians/freinds (?) simply getting together today for old times sakes. Not an attempt to live in the past, or even "measure up to it". I suspect that's another problem- many musicians besides Peter & Jeremy do not wish to have a "reunion" for fear that it won't "measure up" to the legacy. Robert Plant comes to mind. Of course, I say baloney! I think if Peter & Jeremy were allowed to play whatever they wanted to, and Mick & John allowed this, it would be great. And while I'm dreaming- oh my gosh if anyone could ever find Danny and if he could ever be a part, but unfortunately, I think that ship has sailed.

I know Jeremy and Peter must be sick of people asking- how about a reunion? as it's really not under any one person's control. But if they could ever get the stars to align, I can assure them, there would be plenty of people that would love to see them play together again, WHATEVER it might be.

How about it Jeremy- if you (and Peter) were given control, would you? (sorry, couldn't resist We can hope and dream can't we?)
Old 02-22-2011, 01:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the biggest obstical for an original Mac reunion is the fact Jeremy and Peter don't want to cash in on the band. *I don't think it's a matter of it being a "Greatest Hits" thing. *So long as it's blues, I think there are four guys who would be there, if not for the fact it had this big name attached to it. *What they play is almost irrelevant. *

John's issue with Peter, as I see it, has more to do with him feeling Peter doesn't respect he's doing, and John does not feel he deserves or has to take it from anybody. *While he's also shown he doesn't have to be best pals with bandmates, he has also shown that he has issues with people who've quit Fleetwood Mac.**Just ask Bob Welch.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-22-2011, 02:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I think the biggest obstical for an original Mac reunion is the fact Jeremy and Peter don't want to cash in on the band. *I don't think it's a matter of it being a "Greatest Hits" thing. *So long as it's blues, I think there are four guys who would be there, if not for the fact it had this big name attached to it. *What they play is almost irrelevant. *

John's issue with Peter, as I see it, has more to do with him feeling Peter doesn't respect he's doing, and John does not feel he deserves or has to take it from anybody. *While he's also shown he doesn't have to be best pals with bandmates, he has also shown that he has issues with people who've quit Fleetwood Mac.**Just ask Bob Welch.
I think there is a hell. John McVie has hated Peter Green ever since Peter Green told Christine Perfect not to marry John the night before the wedding in 1968. Was Peter Green correct?? It doesn't matter. Green betrayed a member of a solid band to save a female from her fate. Yet Green was right. From that point on John McVie was going to make Peter Green's relationship in FM a living hell.

Last edited by slipkid; 02-22-2011 at 02:04 AM..
Old 02-22-2011, 02:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
I think there is a hell. John McVie has hated Peter Green ever since Peter Green told Christine Perfect not to marry John the night before the wedding in 1968. Was Peter Green correct?? It doesn't matter. Green betrayed a member of a solid band to save a female from her fate. Yet Green was right. From that point on John McVie was going to make Peter Green's relationship in FM a living hell.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymac View Post
I respectfully disagree. I say that, because I am not aware of it being fact how John feels, or if that's the main problem, however, if there is such proof, please let me/us know. As for OPINION, I would agree that a big riff is McVie/Green but not for the "Peter warning Chris" thing- in docs I've seen on the subject I get the impression all parties considered Peter's "warning" to simply be a friend looking out for friend(s). I get the impression Peter felt John could not handle marriage at the time (and it would seem he was correct). While John may not have liked it at the time (and I would even debate that) I would figure he has long since "forgiven" Peter for that.
Here is my question, why (or how) did Peter Green come back to replace Jeremy Spencer's sudden departure on a long U.S. tour 2/1971? According to Fleetwood Mac mythology, Peter Green "lost his mind" (aka John McVie!!!!) in Munich 3/20/70. Yet Peter Green during the late winter/spring tour of 1971 created some of the greatest jams you'll never hear today. That four hour "BMW" jam from the Fillmore East needs to be found!! FM made the Grateful Dead, and some Allman Brothers jams sound average! Let's not forget what Peter Green did with FM in 4/70 in London.

My "hypothesis" is that Peter Green jammed with prog rock (Krautrock) bands in the basement of that house, Munich 3/70. Green didn't lose his mind, he was discovering a new musical side. The rest of FM felt very threatened. Do the research, after "EOtG" came out, Mick Fleetwood blasted it as "didn't Hendrix already do that?". The truth is, not to that exploratory level.

To upset Mick and John, Peter Green wanted OUT of Fleetwood Mac as early as 1969. Clifford Adams (manager) convinced Peter Green to stay

Last edited by slipkid; 02-22-2011 at 02:41 AM..
Old 02-22-2011, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The 1971 tour re-union was all Clifford's idea.

Re: the McVie and Green relationship, Peter has expressed some resentment that John never even got in touch during the hard years, unlike Mick Fleetwood who reached out (and ended up not helping very much). The marriage thing sounds silly. I echo your ten smilies, Daniel . Although Chris has mentioned that Peter was the one she was interested in first.

Last edited by dino; 02-22-2011 at 12:32 PM..
Old 02-22-2011, 03:16 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Will Mick and Jeremy join forces?

???????????????????????