The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-18-2017, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, a confident, ambitious and assertive lady who is comfortable being seen AND heard... Gross!

It would be so cool if Stevie did another radio show, like the one a few years back to promote 24KG. From Haim to The Weeknd, she really has her finger on the pulse of up and coming good music! I'd love to hear her opinion on Lemonade... It's such a journey of an album, and right up Stevie's alley in premise.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
i still see or hear that and think it's a disgustingly sweet , over priced drink from Starbucks
Ariana Grande can actually sing very beautifully, but I think her producers mix too much crap over the top of it. IMO, with her voice she could be up there with Adele or even Whitney. YouTube "I Have Nothing " by Ariana Grande with David Foster, live. She sits on his piano and belts it out effortlessly.

As far as new-ish bands go, I love A Silent Film. Big Data is good too (both alternative genre).
Old 03-18-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I love the version of Are You Mine are on the WH remaster. It's so much better than the others. I think it doesn't sound quite as country and her voice is so gorgeous on it.
Yes!! just yes!!
Old 03-18-2017, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Similarly: Lorde]

Interestingly, Lorde is a big Fleetwood Mac fan....she wrote a lovely Instagram message about how she was blown away by the Auckland On with the Show concert in 2015
Old 03-18-2017, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
i'm not a tween or a young adult nor am i nostalgic and only listen to the music of " my time " ( i'm not dead yet ) but I am still able to find plenty of new artist to listen to or see in concert, and enjoy the new music my old favorites make , ...the top 40 cookie cutter " singers' just don't have talent
and sadly it is created for you to like , it's nothing new it's been like that for a while
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ench View Post
Agreed. There's plenty out there that is interesting, but the charts is not to place to look.

Recent discoveries for me include Benjamin Francis Leftwich. His guitar playing is more traditional and his melodies simpler, but I could imagine many FM fans particularly Lindsey fans enjoying BFL's music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE2YKq_093U

I also think that "The 1975" is a great band with great songs, though they couldn't sound less FM like if they tried. Similarly: Lorde.
Actually I meant more that I'm very much a creature of habit despite my age and I rarely change my tastes, when I find something that I like I pretty much stick to it and never come back nor search actively for more. Also I tend to be more fascinated from the vintage than the modern.
However the musical scene in my country is a little different than in America, for example there's the invasion of Italian white rap. But even I sometimes find enjoyment in the present artist, for example I'm liking this new Czech singer: