User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclare View Post
I could see Mick and Christine doing this; John, only if everyone else did. Lindsey, back in the day, but not now. Stevie, never.
Actually, I see Lindsey being the first one to consider it-- he has kids that would LOVE to help, he has no aversion to water (they have a pool, etc). John has been sick, but he's a sailor at heart and not afraid of water. I agree, Michele. This would be a cool thing to do, and get the band out there. Win Win.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:40 PM
Registered

http://www.thewire.com/national/2014...llenge/378776/
Old 08-26-2014, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Actually, I see Lindsey being the first one to consider it-- he has kids that would LOVE to help, he has no aversion to water (they have a pool, etc). John has been sick, but he's a sailor at heart and not afraid of water. I agree, Michele. This would be a cool thing to do, and get the band out there. Win Win.
I agree that if anyone of them would do it it would most likely be Lindsey. I can totally see his kids seeing it on social media and encouraging him to do it (I think of that video of Will pointing out the TMZ guy to LB and getting him to talk to them). As for the rest, doubtful.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Actually, I see Lindsey being the first one to consider it-- he has kids that would LOVE to help, he has no aversion to water (they have a pool, etc).
And he's a member of the Swimming Buckinghams (even if his coach said he would never amount to anything)! Certainly, they're no stranger to cold water.

Michele
Old 08-26-2014, 11:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

Lindsey needs to find his old swimming trunks and then he can do it. Trust me: his screams in the live versions of "Not that funny" would be nothing compared to the ones caused by a bucket of cold water

" Mi dicono alla radio statti calmo statti buono,
non esser scalmanato stai tranquillo e fatti uomo,
ma io con la mia guerra voglio andare sempre avanti,
e costi quel che costi la vincerò non ci son santi. "

Last edited by Stormwind; 08-26-2014 at 11:27 PM..
Old 08-26-2014, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
John has been sick, but he's a sailor at heart and not afraid of water.
Have we heard an update about John? I just realized that I wasn't sure if it was announced whether he was now in remission. I'm hoping that he's been cured, or almost there, with a huge tour imminent in weeks.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
What a shame wasting POTABLE WATER can't people just donate cash and the water instead of seeking 2 seconds of fame , and I do /did Donate CASH a friend of my husband has ALS

AND FOR $39.99 YOU CAN HAVE IT AS A HALLOWEEN COSTUME http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...on-the-market/
If all they did was ask for donations they would've gotten a small fraction of what they've raised. They'd be like anyone else asking for donations for their cause. The success of this campaign is entirely because of the ice bucket challenge.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:51 AM
Senior Ledgie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hResOG1EBCo

Robert Plant just did it. This Ice Bucket Challenge keeps surprising me more and more.

I actually think Stevie would find it funny and do it. Or at least jump at the chance to be the bucket pourer. She's a lot funnier than people give her credit for.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Never thought Robert Plant would do it...
As for FM, I can see Mick doing it, not the others.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Actually, I see Lindsey being the first one to consider it-- he has kids that would LOVE to help, he has no aversion to water (they have a pool, etc).
Good point. I didn't think about his kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loverly13 View Post
I actually think Stevie would find it funny and do it. Or at least jump at the chance to be the bucket pourer. She's a lot funnier than people give her credit for.
I could see Stevie pouring the bucket on Lindsey's head.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
If all they did was ask for donations they would've gotten a small fraction of what they've raised. They'd be like anyone else asking for donations for their cause. The success of this campaign is entirely because of the ice bucket challenge.
Yes, I think so too. Also, and perhaps I'm wrong about this, but I thought the point was to make a donation as well as doing the water dunk? Not just to do the dunk to avoid making the donation.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Yes, I think so too. Also, and perhaps I'm wrong about this, but I thought the point was to make a donation as well as doing the water dunk? Not just to do the dunk to avoid making the donation.
I think you make a $10 donation if you take the dunk and you make a $100 donation if you don't.

Matt Damon cited the water drout and he used toilet water for his challenge, rather than clean water. But I'll be honest with you, I don't think the water use is significant enough to be concerned. We lost much more water when that UCLA water main broke.

Michele
Old 08-27-2014, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think you make a $10 donation if you take the dunk and you make a $100 donation if you don't.

Matt Damon cited the water drout and he used toilet water for his challenge, rather than clean water. But I'll be honest with you, I don't think the water use is significant enough to be concerned. We lost much more water when that UCLA water main broke.

Michele
Yes, seriously. And many of these musicians and stars have swimming pools. It'll quickly soak up into the land. A bucket of water is about one toilet flush.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by loverly13 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hResOG1EBCo

Robert Plant just did it. This Ice Bucket Challenge keeps surprising me more and more.

I can't stop laughing. Too cool!

http://www.alsa.org/fight-als/ice-bucket-challenge.html
Old 08-29-2014, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe they'll do it when they're on the 'Today show' in September. I really hope they do this. It would be so funny and something totally different to what we're used to with this band and especially Stevie!