The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Come on, WTTR...S and Over & Over are amazing songs!!

This is maybe a confession I forgot before and maybe a personal point of view: I don't ship Buckingham/Nicks, and even when I respect all the opinions, looks a bit boring for me. Honestly, I think that yes, maybe Stevie is "still in love" with Lindsey, but Lindsey not. He had some girlfriends after Stevie. He's with Kristen now, they've got children. He's definitely not interested in the past, and what he plays on stage is just that, a role, an act, even when Stevie could be expressing her real feelings on stage.
Sounds sad, but I think it's a little true. And I always thought this!!
Regards
Old 08-08-2014, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
7. Like Louie, I adore Only Over You.
Oh, I love that song too. It's not a confession. It's just fact.

Michele
Old 08-08-2014, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
I like Welcome To the Room Sara.
I think my most dangerous fan confession is I don't really like Don't Stop.
Well, actually you raise an interesting question?

Is it more shameful to like that song or to dislike. Which way lies the head-hanging guilt?

Michele
Old 08-08-2014, 05:20 PM
Junior Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLamb View Post

● I love the version of "Silver Springs" that appears on the b-side of "Go Your Own Way" and on 25 Years - The Chain. I dislike the mix that appears on The Very Best Of Fleetwood Mac and Crystal Visions - The Very Best Of Stevie Nicks.
So happy someone other people have seen the light of the original mix! Haha. It's so close to perfect that I don't know why they had to touch it.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post

This is maybe a confession I forgot before and maybe a personal point of view: I don't ship Buckingham/Nicks, and even when I respect all the opinions, looks a bit boring for me. Honestly, I think that yes, maybe Stevie is "still in love" with Lindsey, but Lindsey not. He had some girlfriends after Stevie. He's with Kristen now, they've got children. He's definitely not interested in the past, and what he plays on stage is just that, a role, an act, even when Stevie could be expressing her real feelings on stage.
Regards
I'm with you on the shipping.

I think the stage act thing is true for BOTH of them. Stevie may wax nostalgic onstage but in real life she's not really trusted Lindsey for a long, long time. Watching their interactions on the Destiny Rules documentary I thought there was a lot of tension still between them though it manifests differently now than before. now it's more a very deliberate politeness or stepping carefully around each other more than before.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like the idea of this thread....some of the "confessions" have been amusing, and some, downright vexing - I mean, Only Over You!?!?

Some of mine...
*I don't hold the pre-1975 work on some sort of pedestal. The blues aren't really my thing, though there are definitely some good tunes from the very early years. I think the Bob Welch era stuff is good, but none of it is as good as what came during and after 1975.
*I like the Tusk album, but I think in the last 15-20 years it has become overrated. A third of it sounds like Lindsey playing with a garbage can and a rubber band in a closet.
*Landslide bores me. Studio version, live, you name it *yawn*
*I can't stand Don't Stop and fail to see why it has become so important to Fleetwood Mac that it always gets the final spot in the main encore section on every tour since 1987 (pre-dating it's Bill Clinton inspired popularity)
*I absolutely LOATHE the way the Stevie's "girls" sound - I find it a turnoff to her solo work and live with Fleetwood Mac
*I like Stand Back and look forward to it during a Mac concert
*The banjo version of Say You Love Me from The Dance captivated me and was by far the song I listened to most on that cassette - I still think it beats the old clunky piano version, or that hot mess that surfaced in 2009
*Aside from Countdown, Lindsey's solo career does nothing for me at all
Old 08-09-2014, 02:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
A third of it sounds like Lindsey playing with a garbage
He probably was
Old 08-09-2014, 06:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have only ever listened to three Stevie solo albums and have struggled to remember anything about them the moment they finished.

Except for Blow by Blow, I really like Time.

I accept that after 1979 the creative arc of the band has pretty much been lost (with a few noble exceptions) but I've been very happy to still have band around in whatever form) since then (although I cringe with embarrassment at most of BTM).
Old 08-09-2014, 07:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ducking for cover here, i have never been a fan of Christine's songs to me they are just dull to my ears The only one i listen to is Brown eyes
Old 08-09-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I like the idea of this thread....some of the "confessions" have been amusing, and some, downright vexing - I mean, Only Over You!?!?

Some of mine...

*I absolutely LOATHE the way the Stevie's "girls" sound - I find it a turnoff to her solo work and live with Fleetwood Mac
I'm glad somebody finally said it!! Downright awful!
Old 08-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post

Regards
Insert Stevie where you've got Lindsey and vice versa minus the bolded line and you've generally got my point of view. I've only recently considered that maybe in these later years she's some regrets.

I don't find their relationship at all boring though, I find it fascinating. In fact I'm so interested, I doubt there's a piece of media relating to that relationship out there that I don't know about.

I always hated Don't Stop. Brown Eyes is my favorite FM song though.

Last edited by brickney723; 08-09-2014 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: clarification
Old 08-10-2014, 05:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Stevie surrounds herself with the wrong people. Except for bits and pieces her solo stuff died after Wild Heart for me. Another example are most of the tour books. Beyond atrocious. If they had given the job to some of the creative ones around here, we would have had truly memorable pieces to cherish, rather than bookshelf dust collectors. And most would have done a great job in exchange for hanging out with the band for a week.

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.

Last edited by seeker007nmss; 08-10-2014 at 05:43 AM..
Old 08-10-2014, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I'm with you on the shipping.

I think the stage act thing is true for BOTH of them. Stevie may wax nostalgic onstage but in real life she's not really trusted Lindsey for a long, long time. Watching their interactions on the Destiny Rules documentary I thought there was a lot of tension still between them though it manifests differently now than before. now it's more a very deliberate politeness or stepping carefully around each other more than before.
Thanks! So I would say Stevie's feelings are alive, but they're not the same, obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickney723 View Post
Insert Stevie where you've got Lindsey and vice versa minus the bolded line and you've generally got my point of view. I've only recently considered that maybe in these later years she's some regrets.

I don't find their relationship at all boring though, I find it fascinating. In fact I'm so interested, I doubt there's a piece of media relating to that relationship out there that I don't know about.

I always hated Don't Stop. Brown Eyes is my favorite FM song though.
Agree, it's fascinating, and it's really a love/hate story which survived for years. But after all this time, I think is just a fantasy, and nothing else. Even when we can find some recent "clues" that tell us that the fire is still burning, you know.
And Don't Stop is a classic, but is not the best, I think is not the best choice to show what FM was and is...BROWN EYES RULES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker007nmss View Post
I think Stevie surrounds herself with the wrong people. Except for bits and pieces her solo stuff died after Wild Heart for me. Another example are most of the tour books. Beyond atrocious. If they had given the job to some of the creative ones around here, we would have had truly memorable pieces to cherish, rather than bookshelf dust collectors. And most would have done a great job in exchange for hanging out with the band for a week.
A few years ago I read Stevie is a hard person to work with. I guess it includes her point of view when she chooses her work team.
And yes, after Wild Heart, there's just a few songs I like/love. Not so much...
Regards!
Mark.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:56 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
Nope! I share in your opinion. Songbird makes me want to cut myself and peel my skin off! I never listen to this song, it's always a skip. And if FM closes the show with it this year, at least I will be among the 1st wave out of the parking lot.
In recent years, it's "Landslide" that has this effect on me!
Old 08-13-2014, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLamb View Post
In recent years, it's "Landslide" that has this effect on me!
I've had to take the studio version of "Landslide" off my iPod. I'm so bored of it. I listen to The Dance performance from time to time and enjoy, I also really enjoyed it on the 2013 tour. But the studio version? Yaaaaaawwwnn
Old 08-15-2014, 06:23 PM
estranged4life
This message has been deleted by estranged4life.