Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:10 AM
Ledgie

Default Unleashed release?

Anyone heard any rumours about any of the Unleashed shows being available to buy on CD or a download?

Seems FM is behind the times again not releasing stuff.

And we are still waiting for Mirage and TITN to be remastered!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think we'll have a loooooong wait for those albums to be re-mastered. In fact, sadly, I don't see it happening at all. Such a shame!

I also doubt whether a cd will be released from Unleashed. I think a dvd is far more likely. There really has to be one! They've done a dvd of every tour from the past few years and, while I'd love a cd/dvd Live In Boston type package, I think there may just be a dvd. Does anyone know anything about this??
Old 03-08-2010, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Have not heard a word about a tour dvd or remaster. A tour DVD I could see. Nay on the remasters I could live without a Mirage Remaster as it's my least favorite rumors-era album. However, I'd Love a Tango remaster.

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 03-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
I think we'll have a loooooong wait for those albums to be re-mastered. In fact, sadly, I don't see it happening at all. Such a shame!

I also doubt whether a cd will be released from Unleashed. I think a dvd is far more likely. There really has to be one! They've done a dvd of every tour from the past few years and, while I'd love a cd/dvd Live In Boston type package, I think there may just be a dvd. Does anyone know anything about this??
The cd from Live in Boston was terrible. I haven’t listened to it probably since right around when it first came out. It’s pretty much worthless. Being that they’re older now, their voices aren’t what they once were and arrangements are very similar 7 of the 10 (why 10?) songs are just inferior versions of the Dance. Not worth my time. I like the dvd though. Why not do the full show on CD like say….The Police did?
Old 03-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Ledgie

The reason I assume we won't get an Unleashed DVD is that they never "filmmed" any shows. Obviously the video feed from each show is availible (assuming they recorded them which they probably did) but generally bands, FM included, like to have more camera angles as opposed to the 2 or 3 at each show. On the Boston DVD you can see cameras over the stage and one at the end of the stage. Also they usually announce that a show is being filmed for legal reasons.

I want an unleashed release just as much as the next guy but I just don't see it happening since they didn't film anything. This does not rule out a cd release but that also seems pretty unlikely.... sorry if I sound like a total downer .
Old 03-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramattack22 View Post
The reason I assume we won't get an Unleashed DVD is that they never "filmmed" any shows. Obviously the video feed from each show is availible (assuming they recorded them which they probably did) but generally bands, FM included, like to have more camera angles as opposed to the 2 or 3 at each show. On the Boston DVD you can see cameras over the stage and one at the end of the stage. Also they usually announce that a show is being filmed for legal reasons.

I want an unleashed release just as much as the next guy but I just don't see it happening since they didn't film anything. This does not rule out a cd release but that also seems pretty unlikely.... sorry if I sound like a total downer .
Yes, Boston was filmed over two consecutive nights. The first night, the "floor", where there are usually seats, was full of cameras and sound equipment; only the first few rows had actual chairs. You couldn't miss the fact that it was being filmed, because there were basically no floor seats! Then, the second night, it looked more like normal, but there were still cameras all over the place getting "wide" shots and full-audience shots.

My point being that if an Unleashed show were being filmed for a dvd release, it would have been very obvious.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
The cd from Live in Boston was terrible. I haven’t listened to it probably since right around when it first came out. It’s pretty much worthless. Being that they’re older now, their voices aren’t what they once were and arrangements are very similar 7 of the 10 (why 10?) songs are just inferior versions of the Dance. Not worth my time. I like the dvd though. Why not do the full show on CD like say….The Police did?
I'd agree that the content of the CD from Boston wasn't the greatest. Like you say, basically a repeat of a lot of "Dance" material. What I liked was the live versions of "Come", "Stand Back" (great perscussion intro, awesome!), "Eyes Of The World". Those sounded really great.

What I would have preferred was "Beautiful Child", "Second Hand News", "Never Going Back Again", and "What's The World Coming To", but alas that was not to be.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpdg View Post
I'd agree that the content of the CD from Boston wasn't the greatest. Like you say, basically a repeat of a lot of "Dance" material. What I liked was the live versions of "Come", "Stand Back" (great perscussion intro, awesome!), "Eyes Of The World". Those sounded really great.

What I would have preferred was "Beautiful Child", "Second Hand News", "Never Going Back Again", and "What's The World Coming To", but alas that was not to be.
Agreed. It seems like there were so many songs they left off Live In Boston it was ridiculous. All they put on the actual cd were pretty much the staple songs they knew would hook casual fans, most of which were on The Dance. But why not put those three you mentioned along with Goodbye Baby and Say Goodbye? And this was all done in the SYW tour yet the two singles, Say You Will and Peacekeeper weren't on it. And then other staple Mac songs, Gypsy and Gold Dust Woman, were left off The Dance AND Live In Boston. That is nine additional songs that could have been put on that album. They should have dropped Big Love and Landslide and added the other 9 songs making it a total of 17 songs and it would be a decent standalone live album. It just really begs me to question the person who organized the whole cd. I think I am going to rip the audio off of the Live In Boston DVD and create my own friggin' live cd.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenC View Post
Anyone heard any rumours about any of the Unleashed shows being available to buy on CD or a download?

Seems FM is behind the times again not releasing stuff.

And we are still waiting for Mirage and TITN to be remastered!!!
Just buy them off Itunes. I bought Welcome to the Room...Sara and Book of Love, they both sound great.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Ledgie

Quote:

I LOVE "Eyes of the World" off Live in Boston. That and "Stand Back" are really the only two things I listen to off of it.

"Second Hand News" is actually available on the "selections from Live in Boston" download. I bought it off itunes for like $4 or so. There are two volumes with 4 songs a piece. I was sadden that with even those bonus parts "Beautiful Child" and "Say Goodbye" was still left out.

The bonus volumes also have the two SYW singles and "Goodbye Baby". I'd put the entire track list up but I'm not near my ipod or computer right now.

ETA:
Vol 1
1. The Chain
2. Say You Will
3. Never Going Back Again
4. Don't Stop

Vol 2
1. Gypsy
2. Second Hand News
3. Peacekeeper
4. Goodbye Baby

Last edited by samthrax; 03-08-2010 at 09:19 PM.. Reason: added song info
Old 03-14-2010, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What I liked was the live versions of "Come", "Stand Back" (great perscussion intro, awesome!), "Eyes Of The World". Those sounded really great.
The version of Eyes Of The World is fantastic! Much better than the one on Mirage - I actually only ever listen to the live one now.

I'd love an Unleashed DVD but, as has been said, it's doubtful. Such a shame...