Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-07-2021, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Christine: no more FM tours with SN or JM

hoping fmfanuk who is the source of this info and actually listened to Christine's radio interview earlier this afternoon will be able to join here and tell us more -

fmfanuk Blue heart
@fmfanuk
·
2h
Christine McVie says no more Fleetwood Mac tours with John McVie or Stevie Nicks, maybe Mick has plans but likelihood no more tours

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-07-2021, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
hoping fmfanuk who is the source of this info and actually listened to Christine's radio interview earlier this afternoon will be able to join here and tell us more -

fmfanuk Blue heart
@fmfanuk
·
2h
Christine McVie says no more Fleetwood Mac tours with John McVie or Stevie Nicks, maybe Mick has plans but likelihood no more tours

She said it wasn’t a question she could answer easily, re touring again, but if they did it would be without John and Stevie. Chris also said she felt she was maybe too old for it now.

She said John was “a little frail” and doesn’t have “the heart” to tour any longer.

No reason behind why she said Stevie wouldn’t.

Sad but inevitable.
Old 02-07-2021, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://retropopmagazine.com/stevie-...vq3dnYnb8rnubw

Stevie Nicks, Christine and John McVie ‘quit Fleetwood Mac’
Retro Pop February 7, 2021
Fleetwood MacPress

Fleetwood Mac rose to become one of the biggest bands of all time in the mid-’70s with mega-hits like Dreams, Go Your Own Way, Little Lies and Rhiannon…

But in an interview with BBC Radio 2, singer and pianist Christine McVie hinted she, singer Stevie Nicks and bass player John McVie won’t be touring with the band in the future.

When asked whether Fleetwood Mac’s current line-up – starring Stevie, Christine, Neil Finn, John Mcvie, Mike Campbell and Mick Fleetwood – would tour again, the Songbird star told Sounds of the 70s with Johnnie Walker: “That’s an impossible question to even answer.

“If we do, it would be without John and without Stevie, I think. I think I’m getting a bit too old for it now – especially having had a year off. I don’t know if I could get myself back into it again.

“I know Mick would do it in a lightning strike, but I couldn’t possibly say… We’re certainly not touring this year either.”

She did not reveal whether the trio would still record with the band.

Reflecting on founding member John’s apparent departure from the group, Christine added: “He’s feeling a little bit frail. You know, he was ill – he’s fine – but he just hasn’t got the heart for it anymore.

“He wants to get on his boat. You reach a certain age where you go, ‘Hey, I’m not gonna bust a gut doing this anymore.

“You know, it all looks very nice when you come and see the show, but the work that goes behind it to get to that point is unbelievable.”

Fleetwood Mac formed in 1967 and enjoyed success in the UK as a blues band, before heading stateside and, after a string of line-up changes, recruited Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks and released their self-titled 10th album.

That line-up, featuring Lindsey, Stevie, Christine, John and Mick went on to release 5 studio albums, including the record-breaking ‘Rumours’, ‘Tusk’ and ‘Tango In the Night’.

Lindsey quit in 1987 and was replaced by Billy Burnette and Rick Vito, who toured the album and recorded follow-up ‘Behind The Mask’.

Rick and Stevie later left, while a hybrid line-up promoted the album ‘Time, after which the classic five reunited for ‘The Dance’ and a subsequent tour.

Fleetwood Mac toured sans Christine from 2003 to 2013 as a four-piece, after which she returned for the 2014-2015 ‘On With the Show’ jaunt.

Lindsey left the band in 2018 and, through 2019, Neil Finn and Mike Campbell joined for another world tour.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-07-2021, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Oh wow, its amazing how people stretch an interview to mean things she never said. People run to tweet or twist her statements.

She said any future Fleetwood Mac tour is unlikely and would be iffy. Nothing is planned of course since they just got off the road last year.
She was speaking off the cuff. How can you discard Stevie and John since there are no tours even planned. If no tour is planned and they were never asked, how can you discard them?
Its all hypothetical stuff at this point because there is no discussion of any such event. Johns been meaning to stay on his boat since 1983. Stevie has been discarded a million times.

How can you rule out members of a band for a tour that most likely will never happen, is not planned, and not even discussed.

Her voice sounded very old or maybe she was under the weather. Totally irresponsible for some of those tweets trying to make something out of nothing. She sounded like she would not even commit to a tour. There is no tour planned. John was never asked, and Stevie was never asked.

What would be a true and fair statement to say: In the unlikely event a Fleetwood Mac tour did happen, It would surprise Christine if John or Stevie took part.

A headline John McVie and Stevie Nicks leave Fleetwood Mac is ridiculous. By the sound of her voice, its possible Christine would be the last one committing to any such tour.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-07-2021 at 02:28 PM..
Old 02-07-2021, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Oh wow, its amazing how people stretch an interview to mean things she never said. People run to tweet or twist her statements.

She said any future Fleetwood Mac tour is unlikely and would be iffy. Nothing is planned of course since they just got off the road last year.
She was speaking off the cuff. How can you discard Stevie and John since there are no tours even planned. If no tour is planned and they were never asked, how can you discard them?
Its all hypothetical stuff at this point because there is no discussion of any such event. Johns been meaning to stay on his boat since 1983. Stevie has been discarded a million times.

How can you rule out members of a band for a tour that most likely will never happen, is not planned, and not even discussed.

Her voice sounded very old or maybe she was under the weather. Totally irresponsible for some of those tweets trying to make something out of nothing. She sounded like she would not even commit to a tour. There is no tour planned. John was never asked, and Stevie was never asked.

What would be a true and fair statement to say: In the unlikely event a Fleetwood Mac tour did happen, It would surprise Christine if John or Stevie took part.

A headline John McVie and Stevie Nicks leave Fleetwood Mac is ridiculous. By the sound of her voice, its possible Christine would be the last one committing to any such tour.
I know it’s hard to face, but the day has come. A good chunk of the band are approaching the back side of their 70s. Never say never, but the odds of any kind of tour are probably extremely slim.
Old 02-07-2021, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The band has already said that they weren’t going to do another big tour, and John has been hinting for a few years that his touring days were coming to an end. Nothing especially new. But a few one-off farewell shows could still happen.

However, it does explain Mick and Lindsey reconnecting. Mick wants to tour and Lindsey wants to tour. Putting Mick on drums would get much more press for Lindsey.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-07-2021, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When she was asked....so what’s happening with Fmac this year, anymore tours ?

She replied...well that’s an impossible question to answer..
She then said she was too old, it was very tiring, but didn’t rule herself out.

She did day John would not be touring again, as he was too frail.
But he was okay. But she was very clear about that.

Then very quickly she said, nor Stevie....but she did not enlarge....
Old 02-07-2021, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The band has already said that they weren’t going to do another big tour, and John has been hinting for a few years that his touring days were coming to an end. Nothing especially new. But a few one-off farewell shows could still happen.

However, it does explain Mick and Lindsey reconnecting. Mick wants to tour and Lindsey wants to tour. Putting Mick on drums would get much more press for Lindsey.
I would love a Lindsey/Chris/Mick tour. The music would be incredible and it also would drive Stevie insane

But you are talking 2 years from now at least. We suspect Chris lost her ability to play the way she used to. Her voice is really struggling too. So if if Chris is not in the mix, it would frustrate me Mick would share the stage with Lindsey.
Old 02-07-2021, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

link to listen - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000s1by

Christine interview is somewhere between 1:20 and 1:40 mark.

songs played:
Christine McVie - Crazy 'Bout You Baby
Fleetwood Mac - Say You Love Me
Fleetwood Mac - Songbird
Fleetwood Mac - Never Going Back Again (in response to Christine answer to which on is her favorite FM song. she says it's her ringtone)

i think Christine sounds really good, even though when introduced they said she has a bit of a cold. most answers were general stock FM responses that we've heard before, other than the response about the possible FM tour. it was interesting, she said "if we ever tour again it would be without John and Stevie" she thinks, but then followed that up immediately by saying that actually she is also getting old and not sure whether she'd do it. but that Mick would do it immediately.

Old 02-07-2021, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
it does explain Mick and Lindsey reconnecting. Mick wants to tour and Lindsey wants to tour. Putting Mick on drums would get much more press for Lindsey.
definitely explains Mick's aggressive courting of Lindsey recently.

while i wouldn't mind seeing Mick on drums for Lindsey solo tour, i would hate the price hike Mick's presence would bring, as well as all the stupid Mick's m&gs that would come with it - but hopefully without the best seats in the house. for fans, and possible Lindsey too, Mick presence on Lindsey solo tour takes away from fans more than it brings.

Mick's recent interviews sound to me like throwing all kinds of balls up in the air to see whether anything will stick and whether Lindsey would bite. i can see Mick trying to plot a FM tour with Lindsey-Mick-Christine-Neil Finn-Neale Hayward-Brett Tuggle or some such lineup.

and yeah John wanted to retire for the last 10 years and yet Mick pulled him back in every single time, even roped him in the ridiculous 2018 lineup tour. so John being out is not a given, Christine says she doesn't want to put much work (as she didn't in BuckVie tour or FM tours, she basically just showed up) but sounds open to it.

lineup like above can whip up the album fast, with the team like LB-Mitchell Froom as producing. especially since Mitchell Froom is in current Finn's chimeric band as a keyboardist.

Old 02-07-2021, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
for fans, and possible Lindsey too, Mick presence on Lindsey solo tour takes away from fans more than it brings.
How so? I’m a fan of both guys and love how they always seemed to creatively bounce off one another. It would be fascinating, IMO.

Quote:
Mick's recent interviews sound to me like throwing all kinds of balls up in the air to see whether anything will stick and whether Lindsey would bite. i can see Mick trying to plot a FM tour with Lindsey-Mick-Christine-Neil Finn-Neale Hayward-Brett Tuggle or some such lineup.
Doubtful, at least as Fleetwood Mac.

Quote:
and yeah John wanted to retire for the last 10 years and yet Mick pulled him back in every single time, even roped him in the ridiculous 2018 lineup tour. so John being out is not a given
The 2018 tour had been in the works since 2015.

Quote:
Christine says she doesn't want to put much work (as she didn't in BuckVie tour or FM tours, she basically just showed up) but sounds open to it.
Christine played a lot on the 2018 tour, especially on Black Magic Woman and Tell Me All The Things You Do.

I don’t know how interested Mick is about putting a radically new lineup of Fleetwood Mac together, one without John and Stevie, and probably Christine. I think a few farewell shows and maybe some new offshoot with Lindsey, but Fleetwood Mac proper is basically over.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-07-2021, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How so? I’m a fan of both guys and love how they always seemed to creatively bounce off one another. It would be fascinating, IMO.
as i already wrote - Mick hikes up expenses. you may have unlimited pot of money to throw away but most of us don't.

i'd rather have a tour in smaller theaters for cheaper with bunch of Lindsey solo stuff like in 2018, than sheds or arenas for more money with less solo and just FM songs plus Micks expensive m&gs to get better seats. and, i can't stand the sleazebag. what his drumming brings is way outweighed by what his presence takes away, for me - and i know for many others who were hoping Mick will not be on BuckVie tour.

Old 02-07-2021, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don’t know how interested Mick is about putting a radically new lineup of Fleetwood Mac together, one without John and Stevie, and probably Christine. I think a few farewell shows and maybe some new offshoot with Lindsey, but Fleetwood Mac proper is basically over.
anything that can bring him money Mick is interested in. plus he said so in that interview few days ago - he specifically said that he has huge deference to Lindsey and that Finn is one of his dearest friends, and that he would love to have a mutant FM with Lindsey in it before it's all said and done.

and yes, FM proper was over at Musicares. that was the last performance they had. yet they called themselves FM in 2018-19. so that argument doesn't really matter much.

Steve, your posts are hinting that you may have some info coming from Stevie-Azoff camp. would love to hear what that is if you do!

Old 02-07-2021, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
and yes, FM proper was over at Musicares.
FM proper is Mick and John and whoever is in their band.

Quote:
Steve, your posts are hinting that you may have some info coming from Stevie-Azoff camp. would love to hear what that is if you do!
I wish. I quit calling management in the late ‘90s. At that, it was largely Dennis, Steve Wax, and Carl, never Azoff. The last management call was my one and only call to John Courage.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-07-2021, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wish. I quit calling management in the late ‘90s. At that, it was largely Dennis, Steve Wax, and Carl, never Azoff. The last management call was my one and only call to John Courage.
too bad. was really hoping you have some legit behind the scenes info.

so we are all just purely speculating based on our own wishes, perceptions, knowledge of band members and what they told us in the past. still fun!