User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-24-2014, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Y'all will probably hate me for saying this, but I think you're worrying too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
If I remember correctly, both Mick & Christine (and possibly even Lindsey?) said earlier this year that there are both short-term and long-term plans for Fleetwood Mac over the next few years. I agree with your point of view that Stevie is on board for all of this, and that's why she rush-recorded '24 Karat Gold.'
Thank you MikeInNv and Johnny Stew- some voices of reason.
Jeez, so much conjecture on here at the moment. Too many people coming up with negative ideas based on little more than guess work. There's no point referencing anything Dick Dash says- love his blog but its clear he really isn't close to the band anymore, doesn't really speak to them and has therefore has no idea of their current relationships or the status of any new music.

We know Stevie has a contractural obligation (Christine's words). Does anyone really blame her for spending time on an album she wont be able to properly sell?

Could it just be that when Lindsey says 'Stevie doesn't know how she's going to record her songs yet' (or words to that effect) it is a genuine statement? Perhaps she just wanted to focus on her Songs From The Vault and now that they are done she'll be happy to focus on the band. Perhaps they'll now find studio time at some point and she'll allow Lindsey to do his stuff.

Lets have more positivity people- let Stevie feel the positive vibes!

Though I can't see beyond one final album, I do think there will be one- it'll be a big one and I'm sure it will be a cracker.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As I've said before, I think Stevie was taken completely off guard by Christine's return. I think she was planning on doing a solo record, which would have probably consisted of mostly new material, after the Fleetwood Mac tour. It wouldn't surprise me if she had planned on spending a whole year recording it and a whole year or more touring it.

When Christine came back, all bets were off. However, she was under contract, so she recorded an album of songs most of her diehard fans already have. Since she was contractually obligated to do this record, I believe that her management asked the others to downplay a new Fleetwood Mac album that they are recording while Stevie's new album is being promoted.

As for her relationship with Lindsey, remember that she was the one championing doing a Buckingham Nicks tour last year. Also, she seemed to have a really good time recording with Lindsey for the EP. I think her comments from 2009 through 2012 are not necessarily relevant today. She may have been ambivalent about recording another Fleetwood Mac album, but she never ruled it out. With Christine back, there is absolute certainty that Stevie will be on board.

It would be nice if Fleetwood Mac played a couple of the songs from Stevie's new album to help her promote it, given the circumstances. "Twisted" would be the most obvious choice.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-24-2014, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Y'all will probably hate me for saying this, but I think you're worrying too much. I think with Chris back in the fold, and given everyone's age, Stevie has realized that FM is going to take a lot more time for the next few years. That's why I think she rushed out this solo album even when she can't tour behind it (which upsets me to no end). She's now back to FM for the tour rehearsals. They'll spend the rest of this year touring. They can finish the album after the first of the year, and then do more touring in 2015, maybe even beyond. If Chris hadn't come back, Stevie could have noodled around with all kinds of projects, knowing FM wouldn't do anything until at least 2016.

And I'm not worried about the sound of the album if someone else produces, or even co-produces, Stevie's songs. The songs will still have Lindsey's guitar, Chris's keys, and the harmonies of all three. It will still sound like Fleetwood Mac. No competent producer could mess that up.
Not only will I not hate you, but I hope everything you say is spot on true!
Old 08-24-2014, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

As for her relationship with Lindsey, remember that she was the one championing doing a Buckingham Nicks tour last year. Also, she seemed to have a really good time recording with Lindsey for the EP. I think her comments from 2009 through 2012 are not necessarily relevant today. She may have been ambivalent about recording another Fleetwood Mac album, but she never ruled it out. With Christine back, there is absolute certainty that Stevie will be on board.

It would be nice if Fleetwood Mac played a couple of the songs from Stevie's new album to help her promote it, given the circumstances. "Twisted" would be the most obvious choice.
She also had a really good time recording with Lindsey for In Your Dreams. They spent time together that year and Stevie came out of the experience saying they'd turned a corner, later saying in a Q&A that she realised that they didn't have to be 'so Stevie and Lindsey' in the studio.

I would definitely not be opposed to Twisted being played. It's said it was being rehearsed for The Dance, right? Would love to hear that one with Lindsey/FM live, as opposed to just having the 1996/1998 versions.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"