Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-21-2018, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Selling my stuff

I'm selling most of my stuff. I have tour t-shirts, tour programs (Tusk signed by Christine and Tango signed but personalized by Christine), a Tusk tour shawl, a SYW cap, pictures (signed but personalized by Christine) songbooks and a denim blouse signed (but personalized) by Stevie. Let me know if you're interested.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 05-21-2018, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
I'm selling most of my stuff. I have tour t-shirts, tour programs (Tusk signed by Christine and Tango signed but personalized by Christine), a Tusk tour shawl, a SYW cap, pictures (signed but personalized by Christine) songbooks and a denim blouse signed (but personalized) by Stevie. Let me know if you're interested.

Are you unloading your stuff because you feel the band has sold out, and you aren't a fan anymore? Sounds like you have quite an impressive collection.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Are you unloading your stuff because you feel the band has sold out, and you aren't a fan anymore? Sounds like you have quite an impressive collection.
That's most definitely a part of it. After reading about the Bob Welch debacle, how Judy Wong died broke (I was so sad about that, I used to talk to her on the phone for years), Herbert Worthington was practically broke when he passed, JC died and they didn't even acknowledge that or cared for him (his neighbors looked after him) and the stories Richard told, I was sort of done with them. JC had been with them since the beginning and they just let him rot. Judy had been there since 1970. And now they're backstabbing one of their own. This was just the straw that broke the camel's back. They have no morals and no ethics. So yeah, I'm unloading it. I'm done with them.

You got a sweet heart

Last edited by The Catdancer; 05-21-2018 at 06:40 PM..
Old 05-21-2018, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's most definitely a part of it. After reading about the Bob Welch debacle, how Judy Wong died broke (I was so sad about that, I used to talk to her on the phone for years), Herbert Worthington was practically broke when he passed, JC died and they didn't even acknowledge that or cared for him (his neighbors looked after him) and the stories Richard told, I was sort of done with them. JC had been with them since the beginning and they just let him rot. Judy had been there since 1970. And now they're backstabbing one of their own. This was just the straw that broke the camel's back. They have no morals and no ethics. So yeah, I'm unloading it. I'm done with them.
I thought Herbie was friends with Stevie throughout his life? I remember I saw a video of backstage at her Wiltern birthday show from a few years ago and he was there.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I thought Herbie was friends with Stevie throughout his life? I remember I saw a video of backstage at her Wiltern birthday show from a few years ago and he was there.
I think he got backstage passes through a friend. I heard (don't know if that's true) that she ignored him that night.

You got a sweet heart
Old 05-21-2018, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think he got backstage passes through a friend. I heard (don't know if that's true) that she ignored him that night.
Aw that's sad if true
Personally I don't think famous people should have to feel 'responsible' for others but I agree there also still should be some loyalty, so it's just really complicated I guess, especially for those of us who weren't there to 'judge' so to speak.
I know at least with Richard Dashut he never really seemed to have any resentment towards the band. One time someone asked him about the interview Ken Callaiat did where he said that Richard is 'miserable', that Lindsey never gave him money so he sold all his band memorabilia, gold records, grammy, etc. And Richard said that was 100% not true, that Lindsey was very generous with him throughout the years and he posted a pic of himself surrounded by all of his gold records and everything, holding the grammy, so that wasn't true either.
He mostly just seemed upset about whatever broke up his friendship with Lindsey. He never really said what it was, but it happened around OOTC, their friendship just fell apart. He said that album was painful for him to listen to because of that. That was the thing he seemed most sad about.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Aw that's sad if true
Personally I don't think famous people should have to feel 'responsible' for others but I agree there also still should be some loyalty, so it's just really complicated I guess, especially for those of us who weren't there to 'judge' so to speak.
I know at least with Richard Dashut he never really seemed to have any resentment towards the band. One time someone asked him about the interview Ken Callaiat did where he said that Richard is 'miserable', that Lindsey never gave him money so he sold all his band memorabilia, gold records, grammy, etc. And Richard said that was 100% not true, that Lindsey was very generous with him throughout the years and he posted a pic of himself surrounded by all of his gold records and everything, holding the grammy, so that wasn't true either.
He mostly just seemed upset about whatever broke up his friendship with Lindsey. He never really said what it was, but it happened around OOTC, their friendship just fell apart. He said that album was painful for him to listen to because of that. That was the thing he seemed most sad about.
I know how Richard denied Ken's story and I know that Lindsey was very generous towards him, he even lived with Lindsey for a while rent free, but I'm talking about the rest of the band. I think Lindsey is cool, he even signed a petition to get Bob Welch in the RnRHOF. You might have noticed that I'm not selling any of my Lindsey stuff, just FM and Stevie stuff.

You got a sweet heart
Old 05-21-2018, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know how Richard denied Ken's story and I know that Lindsey was very generous towards him, he even lived with Lindsey for a while rent free, but I'm talking about the rest of the band. I think Lindsey is cool, he even signed a petition to get Bob Welch in the RnRHOF. You might have noticed that I'm not selling any of my Lindsey stuff, just FM and Stevie stuff.
Oh I see. Even then I still think it's pretty complicated, but I do understand where you're coming from. In general I think rock stars tend to be on the selfish side.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I had no clue that JC, Judy Wong and Herbert Worthington were no longer in touch with the band before they died. How sad. It makes sense now how so much of their stuff was sold on eBay after they died.

Debbie, I am so out of touch with this stuff. What else has Richard said that saddened you?
Old 05-21-2018, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
and yet people are conveniently quoting Ken C as this paragon of truth around these parts.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-21-2018, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
I had no clue that JC, Judy Wong and Herbert Worthington were no longer in touch with the band before they died. How sad. It makes sense now how so much of their stuff was sold on eBay after they died.

Debbie, I am so out of touch with this stuff. What else has Richard said that saddened you?
we don't really know that, i don't think. that's info from Ken C, and re that - see the posts above where Richard D and Ken C directly contradict each other, with Richard posting evidence that his version is the truth.

so i'd take all that with the grain of salt.

i was FB friends with JC, he was extremely nice and reasonable guy through few PMs we exchanged. he was also supposed to fly with the band in their helicopter to Isle of Wight gig (i think? one of their gigs in 2013 i believe) but he had to back out the last moment because he got sick. so he was in touch with them.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-21-2018, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I too was fb friends with Courage, and he was a complete gentleman, and would comment on my posts.

Such a shame they weren't there for him at the end.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
we don't really know that, i don't think. that's info from Ken C, and re that - see the posts above where Richard D and Ken C directly contradict each other, with Richard posting evidence that his version is the truth.

i was FB friends with JC, he was extremely nice and reasonable guy through few PMs we exchanged. he was also supposed to fly with the band in their helicopter to Isle of Wight gig (i think? one of their gigs in 2013 i believe) but he had to back out the last moment because he got sick. so he was in touch with them.
Ah, thanks Elle, that's good to know about JC at least.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

John Courage was Christine’s manager before she retired, so it makes sense that he wouldn’t be involved with them after 1998.

IIRC, Azoff fired him after the Tusk tour, and I’m not sure he was involved with them professionally until Christine hired him a few years later.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-21-2018, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

But where were they when he got sick? Where were they when Judy died? The only one that showed up was Mick. She was supposed to be friends with Christine, she never showed. I can understand why Stevie didn't show up Judy didn't really like her.

I agree about JC he was a very nice man.

You got a sweet heart