User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
For those who were there .What did the band do in the meantime between performances .Did they chat with the fans.
i described it here, but everyone seems to ignore it
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...&postcount=193

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-10-2014, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
just after the end of soundcheck -

they left really fast after the soundcheck ended. Stevie seemed really grumpy and annoyed before/after the soundcheck, like she really didn't want to be there. Christine was her usual sunny self, like a kid in the candy store, happy to be back. Mick was Mick. John looked like he really doesn't want to be bothered. Lindsey seemed to have had a lot of friendly discussions with some guy who looked like maybe a show producer or stage manager or something?

they came back out a bit after 8, did The Chain, then they prepared the chairs and the stage for the interview (i think, it's all melting together), did The Chain again after the interview (one was for airwaves another for tv or something like that? they soudchecked The Chain twice too, i only recorded the first one). they were hanging around and then came back for the second The Chain, Little Lies, Gypsy and GYOW.

in between Lindsey was goofing off with the audience (seemed like most audience calls were for him, maybe 80-90%, with practically non-stop "Lindsey!! Lindsey!" to my utter surprise and astonishment (and it was mostly not even us!). maybe because they knew he will be the one to acknowledge people and react back. seemed like he knew a lot of fans in the audience too, saying hi and smiling left and right, making duck faces, etc. he also had a lot of discussions with what seemed to have been the today show crew, lots of talk and joking around with them and with the rest of the band - mostly John and Chris. basically Lindsey was in a great mood off camera, plus tons of calls for him from the photographers/press on the side, that's when he was completely goofing off and making all those funny faces some of which were posted above.

Chris again really happy, Mick tried to rile up the audience couple of times. Stevie seemed highly annoyed with everything in between recordings, like something is completely not going the way she would have like to, but she would quickly turn on the charm every time tv cameras were rolling, in contrast to Lindsey who every time tv cameras were rolling, like before the interviews, would make that stupid face he makes when he tries to stop laughing and be all serious.

in any case, it was great to see them between the takes and during preps for filming, who talks to whom, who jokes with whom, and just watch them in front of us for like 40 or so minutes. at the end of it after GYOW the band came back up to pose for group photos. there are tons of those captured all over twitter.

all in all great and highly interesting morning, well worth spending the night out on the street!

i'm curious to read the take of other people who were there and see what i missed!
thanks for these tidbits. I love to hear about stuff like this, the goings on behind the scenes. I suppose doing TV shows is a very different from lives shows and probably not in a good way. I wonder what is cranking Stevie out. I love Lindsey's silly faces. They crack me up every time.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 10-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I look forward to hearing other perspectives too. It's always interesting to me how different people can have such vastly different views of the same events.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Not the best environment to judge whether someone has or has not lost their singing ability. Christine clearly hasn't, she was just flat at times. Probably in part because of the weather and time of day. I didn't think Stevie sounded very good (thought Christine was definitely better and Lindsey sounds like he always does), but I also felt the sound mix didn't do her any favors.
Also, that cramped stage can't replicate the concert stage and I'm sure it kind of causes a restriction of its own -- although, not vocally.

Michele
Old 10-10-2014, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i described it here, but everyone seems to ignore it
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...&postcount=193

I liked your review Elle! Thanks...

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
These people would complain about anything. I thought they sounded pretty good. Do they sound like they did in 1997? 1987? 1977? Hell no! Hell, Christine is in her freaking 70's! I just sometimes don't get why people feel compelled to give their opinion about EVERYTHING. If you don't like it, turn the damn channel.
Great points! Social media is dumping ground for complaints and anti-social behavior, usually from people ignorant about what they are commenting about.

Fleetwood Mac's performance wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. It's unfortunate, but they don't come off well in the overexposed daylight situations like this, where minor flaws are magnified. This a very foreign environment for them, especially because it's a morning performance. They are more comfortable and perform better in their nocturnal concert venue environment, among their tribe of fans.

Perhaps they should have chosen a different show/situation for their first live TV appearance. I'm not sure this appearance did them any favors. Stevie probably sensed this. and that's why she appeared frustrated/unhappy during the rehearsal/sound check.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 10-10-2014 at 01:51 PM..
Old 10-10-2014, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

While I'm sure valid comments were made, I never read the comments section of anything (well, except this forum). I'm surprised so many people do. I once was trying to blow up my flat tire. I thought just putting the mouth on the pump on the stem would be sufficient, but you actually had to unscrew this round flat thing first, before the air would go in and I didn't know this.

Well, I put a post up on one of the boards asking for help and I actually did get two helpful answers, but all the rest were insults. They not only called me and my question stupid, but they threw in some oral sex tips for good measure.

This was about my bike tire.

Michele
Old 10-10-2014, 02:23 PM

Most of the neg. comments were people that didn't even know how to spell the names. Kristine, Stevie Nix...

One person called Stevie an old hag.. There's just not a lot of credibility to most of them. BEWARE THE COMMENTS SECTION OF ANYTHING!!
Old 10-10-2014, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
Yay! Thank you.

Group picture in high quality here: http://postimg.org/image/x3guyzexn/full/
What's wrong with Lindsey? Did he just hear Stevie's new record?! Couldn't help but take notice of the way they were standing in the photo. Hmmm.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
While I'm sure valid comments were made, I never read the comments section of anything (well, except this forum). I'm surprised so many people do. I once was trying to blow up my flat tire. I thought just putting the mouth on the pump on the stem would be sufficient, but you actually had to unscrew this round flat thing first, before the air would go in and I didn't know this.

Well, I put a post up on one of the boards asking for help and I actually did get two helpful answers, but all the rest were insults. They not only called me and my question stupid, but they threw in some oral sex tips for good measure.

This was about my bike tire.

Michele
Sheesh, some people...........I would be the same as you!!!
Old 10-10-2014, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
I look forward to hearing other perspectives too. It's always interesting to me how different people can have such vastly different views of the same events.
Agreed. Was anyone else there?
Old 10-10-2014, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
Yay! Thank you.

Group picture in high quality here: http://postimg.org/image/x3guyzexn/full/
Lindsey looks like he sucked on a lemon. They are definitely looking at something or someone. Stevie looks sooo good. Did someone say that Lindsey had hair plugs? Was this serious, or just a joke?

I just love that picture and seeing them all together. And they all look good, considering how tired they must have been.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Personally, I thought Chris sounded a little out of tune. Perhaps she couldn't hear herself (technical problem)? Because she sounded better from recent show footage. Stevie and Lindsey sounded great. But yeah, what the heck was Lindsey looking at during the interview?? Dude had the funniest look on his face.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:39 PM
Junior Ledgie

Smile

Hi, I haven't posted before but I was there at the Today show. I agree with a lot of the views here, they sounded ok...but no the best.
I think they were a little out of their environment. They are used to an arena setting with all of their sound equipment in place. It was also very early in the morning , the first sound check was at 6:30 AM
Overall I glad I went but don't think I would ever go again. I've seen FM on every tour since Tusk and think that they sound & perform much better in the arena environment. You could tell that they were annoyed at having to stage their performance around commercial breaks.
Looking forward to seeing them in Hartford on November 1st

Kevin
Old 10-10-2014, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Most of the neg. comments were people that didn't even know how to spell the names. Kristine, Stevie Nix...

One person called Stevie an old hag.. There's just not a lot of credibility to most of them. BEWARE THE COMMENTS SECTION OF ANYTHING!!
I agree.I just delete the BS ones on my YT channel.

Stevie.Who he.I see and hear that sometimes.

I cant imagine what crap they like for music.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016