The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-02-2016, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Actually if they bother to include ALL the remix tracks from the 12" remixes, it would take up an entire CD (I still have the vinyls, except Everywhere which was not released in the US).
Disc 1 - Remastered Album
Disc 2 - Outtakes, Demos and B-Sides
Disc 3 - 12" Remixes
Disc 4 - 5.1

As for the Shake the Cage Tour, leave it off. If anything throw in a DVD of the original music videos.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Instead of any live concerts without Lindsey disc 4 will feature 11 versions of Family Man
Old 11-02-2016, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
No Rhiannon, but it also had Go Your Own Way. Don't Stop played over the credits.
The Tango concert? It didn't have GYOW. The tracklisting was; The Chain, Everywhere, Dreams, Seven Wonders, Isn't It Midnight, World Turning, Little Lies, Oh Well, Gold Dust Woman, Another Woman, Stand Back, Songbird & half of Don't Stop that plays over the credits.

As far as what I want or expect on the deluxe....

- The Christine version of You And I Part II
- This Seven Wonders demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkLbgRNBrHo
- Any unreleased Stevie material that didn't make the album
- An actual demo (and not an instrumental) of Little Lies
- The B-Sides (which I know are a given regardless)
- The remixes (also a given I'm sure)
Old 11-02-2016, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
The Tango concert? It didn't have GYOW. The tracklisting was; The Chain, Everywhere, Dreams, Seven Wonders, Isn't It Midnight, World Turning, Little Lies, Oh Well, Gold Dust Woman, Another Woman, Stand Back, Songbird & half of Don't Stop that plays over the credits.

Isn't there a Sandy Stewart version of SWonders?
Old 11-02-2016, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for the correction about Go Your Own Way- you're right, it's not on the DVD.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Is interesting that that early version of Seven wonders is the same vocal as the final one. It seems that Dfeams Sara Gyspy and even Seven Wonders that Stevie did one vocal take and then the song was built around it. On christines songs she usually worked the song over and over till even after the demo and work version was well on its way.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Thanks for the correction about Go Your Own Way- you're right, it's not on the DVD.
No problemo. Still boggles me why it wasn't used. I guess cause it's such a Lindsey staple despite the fact that (imo) it was one of the only actual FM songs Billy / Rick did that I like.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
Actually if they bother to include ALL the remix tracks from the 12" remixes...

I really, really hope they don't include those
on the deluxe set. One listen and I was done
with them.

They've got to have a few surprises for us that
even Barry doesn't know about.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
with them.

They've got to have a few surprises for us that
even Barry doesn't know about.
When did you listen to them?

If I listen now, they sound outdated, back in 87/88 I thought it was cool! But then again, that was the era of the 12-inch ...
Old 11-03-2016, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post
When did you listen to them?

If I listen now, they sound outdated, back in 87/88 I thought it was cool! But then again, that was the era of the 12-inch ...
I bought them new way back then.
I was very surprised to find them.

I also thought they were odd choices
of songs to be dance remixes. Like
anything recorded by FM really.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I asked this same question a few months ago and everyone yelled at me
I just don't see the depth of this album enough to produce something along the lines of a Mirage deluxe version, etc.
I have heard cool demos of Isn't it Midnight but they were very primitive and rough. I don't know if the band would release such a rough demo.
According to Mick's book the band passed on Stevie's What has Rock N Roll ever done for you. I would LOVE to know if they ever tried the song. There is the Stevie demo floating around but I could see Lindsey rolling his eyes on such a song and not bothering to even play with it. Its tongue and cheek but the song has a very arrogant vibe which would have driven Lindsey up a wall.
Tango is so programmed that I don't get the excitement as the other albums. I could care less if there are 1,000 out takes of Caroline or You and I. The variations would matter how the song was programmed on 80's technology. Speed up the computer dubs or slow them down. Or how about adding Lindsey grunting.
Then you also have the issue with the live CD the band has been including in the other deluxe releases. It would be odd to release such live music without Lindsey.
Personally, I think TANGO has much depth, if not slightly more, than MIRAGE.
That said, do I think there will be a live disc in the rerelease? No....the fact that he wasn't on this tour would be a problem for Lindsey and his ego. Not to mention how and why he left the group at the time...not fun for everyone involved.
I think it's more likely that we'll actually see TWO discs of bonus tracks....one of alternate versions and outtakes, the other of the various 12" mixes (no other FM album would be able to offer this!).
As for "What Has Rock & Roll Ever Done For You".....I've kind of been holding out hope it would be on the new album. I would love to see it done like various live versions of "Rhiannon"....start out slow, like a piano ballad, then turn into a kick ass rocker. End it once again slow and introspective. I mean, what has Rock and Roll done for these five?
Everything.

Last edited by Fannymac; 11-03-2016 at 06:19 AM..
Old 11-03-2016, 06:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

We need to get the 5.1 mix also.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
with them.
The completist in me wants them, and some of the mixes are cool, particularly from Big Love and Family Man. I like them when I'm running. Cheesy? Maybe...but it was the 80's and Babyface was doing his thing.
Old 11-03-2016, 11:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

The music video for Seven Wonders is gone from the iTunes store. Is it just in Australia, or could it be because they are planning on giving us these music videos as extras on TITN
Old 11-04-2016, 05:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
Personally, I think TANGO has much depth, if not slightly more, than MIRAGE.
That said, do I think there will be a live disc in the rerelease? No....the fact that he wasn't on this tour would be a problem for Lindsey and his ego. Not to mention how and why he left the group at the time...not fun for everyone involved.
I think it's more likely that we'll actually see TWO discs of bonus tracks....one of alternate versions and outtakes, the other of the various 12" mixes (no other FM album would be able to offer this!).
As for "What Has Rock & Roll Ever Done For You".....I've kind of been holding out hope it would be on the new album. I would love to see it done like various live versions of "Rhiannon"....start out slow, like a piano ballad, then turn into a kick ass rocker. End it once again slow and introspective. I mean, what has Rock and Roll done for these five?
Everything.
Tango is mostly a Lindsey solo album and lacking a full group effort. As Lindsey said once, Tango was similar to Tusk in that he did many things by himself without lots of input from the rest of the band. Mick and John take a back seat to Lindsey's programmed drums and bass. Stevie is layered in on songs like Family Man and Everywhere. Her songs are rushed and not the greatest since she spent such little time in the studio.
Having said all that...there are still some cool stuff like the demos of Little Lies and Isn't it Midnight. I WOULD LOVE to hear if the band ever recorded What has rock n roll ever done for you. That would be so cool!