The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Anyone else really dislike Stevie now?

I haven’t been active on The Ledge for a while, but I need to vent about this.
I cannot believe Stevie would break up the band, especially now. It’s nearing the end for them and Christine finally came back, no one thought that would ever happen. I mean really Stevie!? It’s like she’s giving all the devoted fans the middle finger. What a selfies b****. According to Lindsey, he did everything he could to try to make things work but Stevie wasn’t having it. I would be so pissed if I was Christine. I would have threatened to quit if I was her. I’m sure she came back with the intention of the classic lineup going out together.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

I think if you take a very brief glance at almost any thread on the Rumours forum over the past few months you will immediately find an answer to your question

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 11-29-2018, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
I think if you take a very brief glance at almost any thread on the Rumours forum over the past few months you will immediately find an answer to your question
And the answer would be yes.....for many folks
Old 11-30-2018, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

$he's been all about herself for at least a couple of decades, but $he's completely consumed now.

"I'm not the boss".

Lying ****.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As a fan, it's been very hard to reconcile my love for her and her music and what she did to Lindsey.

I really thought better of this group of people. At their age, they should have been able to work things out and I'm really disappointed in Chris and John for not having Lindsey's back. Unless Lindsey did something we just don't know about. Postponing a tour for a few months isn't something you fire someone for. And if you believe Lindsey, why would the rest of the group not tell Stevie to suck it up.

But I guess she is the cash cow that draws everyone to the shows and they went with her. Sad. Just sad.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 11-30-2018, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As a die hard Stevie Nicks fan I am very upset. But what really bothers me most is that so many fans keep giving her a pass for allot of things and have excuses for everything but when it comes to Lindsey whatever happened in the past is not excusable and he deserves everything he got.

In my opinion no one in this band is a saint they ALL did things that are totally unacceptable. But the thing is they rose above it all and moved forward.

The way things ended this past year is completely wrong. I agree 100 percent that SN is the draw and having her in the band ensures they could still play the arenas. But in my opinion if she wasn't on board for a new CD then quit and let them make music vs yet another tour. How can anyone excuse another GH tour? Yes they pulled out some very rare songs but it doesn't excuse another tour without any new material. I understand that albums don't sell but at the same time resting on your past achievements is stupid because it looks like you have nothing left to say or give to the fans.

I also don't believe her excuses for not wanting to make new music. I think in reality she is dried up creatively. When was the last time she released a song that she wrote entirely on her own that wasn't a demo from x amount of years ago? Lindsey on the other hand is still very much creative and some of his solo work from 2006 onward is really good. So his music doesn't reach millions. There are lots of artists (Patty Griffin for one) who are critically acclaimed but don't sell millions of albums or headline major arenas etc. If we judged all artists by their ability to sell millions of albums or what sized venues they played on tour what would that prove. Good music is good music no matter what.

The other thing that really bugs me is the numerous comments on Facebook from people who went to a FM show and praise SN for performing so well given what she is going through. It is like they think she is performing under duress. She didn't get fired so why do people assume she is the one going through hard times or whatever?

If Lindsey really and truly did something bad then they should have come out then and said so when he was fired vs making up lies about a tour delay.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:30 PM

Believe it or not, I'm still able to listen to the music and enjoy her older work. Her music helps me remember Stevie Nicks before she became such a selfish and entitled human being. Her behavior over the past 10 years or so disgusts me. I never in a million years thought she would turn out to be such a power/money hungry bully. But, there she is... being just that..

To freeze out someone out that helped give you the entitlement that you have today.... it's ironic and makes me very sad.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 11-30-2018 at 12:33 PM..
Old 11-30-2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
As a fan, it's been very hard to reconcile my love for her and her music and what she did to Lindsey.

I really thought better of this group of people. At their age, they should have been able to work things out and I'm really disappointed in Chris and John for not having Lindsey's back. Unless Lindsey did something we just don't know about. Postponing a tour for a few months isn't something you fire someone for. And if you believe Lindsey, why would the rest of the group not tell Stevie to suck it up.

But I guess she is the cash cow that draws everyone to the shows and they went with her. Sad. Just sad.
At the end of the day it's all about the cash cow. And, I never thought of their music that way.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
At the end of the day it's all about the cash cow. And, I never thought of their music that way.
They created great music. Well, it was 40 years ago. Why should they bother doing anything new? Rich old whores is what they are.

LINDSEY IS THE ONLY ONE WITH ANY ARTISTIC INTEGRITY LEFT.

$tevie is the boss of their whore machine.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
They created great music. Well, it was 40 years ago. Why should they bother doing anything new? Rich old whores is what they are.

LINDSEY IS THE ONLY ONE WITH ANY ARTISTIC INTEGRITY LEFT.

$tevie is the boss of their whore machine.
Christine did write for the new album. And they weren't old demos. I give her kudos for writing while in England. (ITM and BM)
Old 11-30-2018, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christine did write for the new album. And they weren't old demos. I give her kudos for writing while in England. (ITM and BM)
And yet she didn't stand up for him when the old goat had him fired. She chose the whore machine instead.

She was my favorite member for 40 years. She lost that title.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
And yet she didn't stand up for him when the old goat had him fired. She chose the whore machine instead.

She was my favorite member for 40 years. She lost that title.
I'm guessing here.. but, I think they did it all behind her back.. and LB made her enter an agreement that she wouldn't leave. Don't forget that.

We need to know more in this case... (for me anyway). She's had an amazing career. And I would hate to think she put herself in the same low class bed w/ $tevie.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm guessing here.. but, I think they did it all behind her back.. and LB made her enter an agreement that she wouldn't leave. Don't forget that.

We need to know more in this case... (for me anyway). She's had an amazing career. And I would hate to think she put herself in the same low class bed w/ $tevie.
Actions speak louder than words. She did nothing(as far as we know).

I'd like to think that the LOVE they showed us on BuckVie MEANT SOMETHING. The way it looks now, it meant nothing. Just more fake FM drama. He may have well been faking love for the Old Goat.
Old 11-30-2018, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Believe it or not, I'm still able to listen to the music and enjoy her older work. Her music helps me remember Stevie Nicks before she became such a selfish and entitled human being. Her behavior over the past 10 years or so disgusts me.
I have no trouble at all listening to Stevie's music (unless I happen to hate the song). All the less savory aspects of her actions have no influence on my need to hear the songs in the car, at the gym, at work, wherever.

What has changed for me — and it's due more to her tiresomeness than to her ego — is that I don't want to listen to her talk anymore. I used to love hearing her talk. In the old days, I listened over and over to every radio interview she gave. My favorites were the Jim Ladd Innerviews from 1979, 1981, 1982, 1983, and 1986. I loved the way she talked and the things she said—how she framed her story. (For example, listen to her take on the love that the members had for one another and how that affected their performances in the 1979 Innerview, or the stories she told Mark and Brian or Mary Turner in 1994 about her professional fears.)

But for several years now, she just rankles me. What used to be always charming is now sometimes charmless. Occasionally, she still pulls out the old carefree, funny Stevie ("I like painting. . . right, houses"). But most of the time she comes across as long-winded, preachy, and shrill. (Did you watch her Australian 20/20 with Chrissie Hynde?) She used to be trite and cute. Now she's often trite and embarrassing—the Sylvia Browne of rock. She too often sounds bitter or cranky about something or other when she tells a story. What's her problem with life, anyway? That she's getting older and no longer looks like her 29-year-old self? Am I insensitive not to feel sorry for her on that count? Would she have preferred the alternative?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-30-2018, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At the end of the day, we don't know what Stevie's been dealing since 1997.

The straw that broke the camel's back may have been a light one, but also may have followed much behavior and goings-on about which we know little or nothing.

I give the benefit of the doubt to all.

My enjoyment of any of the music is impacted not a whit.

I do, however, take issue with the band for carrying on without Lindsey. After 1997, the band had no business excluding any Rumours member willing and able to participate.

Last edited by cbBen; 12-01-2018 at 12:54 AM..