The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-14-2010, 05:54 AM
Senior Ledgie

To the guy who asked who EO17 was ripped off from, wasn't it Sting that said she got it from one of his songs or The Police (or Policeman?, can't remember the name). I'm not sure if thats correct but I think I remembering reading it on Wikipedia, granted that isn't a scholarly source.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy2010 View Post
Wow.. I sincerely apologize if I offended anyone or riled anything up. That was most certainly not my intention! That news was "new" to me.
You have nothing to apologize for. This is a discussion board with hopefully thousands of threads and topics. People can't expect everyone who visits here to know what are "hot topics" and will cause others to go bezerko just because people are expressing opinions or differing views on every little subject concerning Stevie, et. al. Take her hair (extensions) for instance....

Last edited by CADreaming; 09-14-2010 at 09:59 AM..
Old 09-14-2010, 07:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Seriously, though, this is an intense topic. I've always felt kind of weird talking about it but hey, Stevie put it out there. One might blame Henley for the initial reveal but that only gives the details of one abortion. Stevie volunteered this info herself.
According to the SA interview (which I finally listened to), she said the story behind the abortion hasn't been told....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
And while I'd like to think at least one was a miscarriage just because it makes me cringe to think of Stevie essentially using abortion as birth control, we know in the case of Henley it was definitely a choice. If Stevie didn't have a problem terminating one pregnancy for the sake of convenience, I don't see why she'd have a problem doing it twice... or more.
I think she should tell what brand of birth control pill she was using, obviously ineffective. I wonder if no one told her that you could get pregnant while on the pill?
Old 09-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
According to the SA interview (which I finally listened to), she said the story behind the abortion hasn't been told....

I think she should tell what brand of birth control pill she was using, obviously ineffective. I wonder if no one told her that you could get pregnant while on the pill?
That's just it, I don't think she was on any birth control she was on cocaine though. And as she has said she lived the rock and roll lifestyle to the fullest. In the 70's and early 80's Stevie was pretty much every guys sexual fantasy and I don't believe Stevie is a prude (she may be a private person, but not a prude).
The story behind the abortions has not been told, by her. What she means is she has her reasons for doing what she did. She has said in many interviews that she was in a full time rock and roll band and she couldn't even take time off to go to the dentist. So if she couldn't find an hour to go to the dentist, how could she possibly find time to have a kid? Plus she wouldn't ever be around for the kid. She has actually done several interviews about not having kids and how if she had, she would not have been a great mother because her music always came first.
Keep in mind when this all happened was the 70's, hardcore sex, drugs and rock and roll was the lifestyle of a lot of people. Getting pregnant was a mere side effect and that could easily be taken care of.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuncles View Post
That's just it, I don't think she was on any birth control she was on cocaine though. And as she has said she lived the rock and roll lifestyle to the fullest. In the 70's and early 80's Stevie was pretty much every guys sexual fantasy and I don't believe Stevie is a prude (she may be a private person, but not a prude).
The story behind the abortions has not been told, by her. What she means is she has her reasons for doing what she did. She has said in many interviews that she was in a full time rock and roll band and she couldn't even take time off to go to the dentist. So if she couldn't find an hour to go to the dentist, how could she possibly find time to have a kid? Plus she wouldn't ever be around for the kid. She has actually done several interviews about not having kids and how if she had, she would not have been a great mother because her music always came first.
Keep in mind when this all happened was the 70's, hardcore sex, drugs and rock and roll was the lifestyle of a lot of people. Getting pregnant was a mere side effect and that could easily be taken care of.
LOL!! Omg, if I only believed everything SN has ever said! Although, that dentist statement could be why she wears false teeth...

Btw, pure speculation on your part that she was stupid enough not to use birth control...but the point is we are ALL speculating about things we have very limited information about. The truth is more than likely in between and most people probably won't believe it if and when Stevie ever decides to reveal it. I think she will choose to always remain a mystery although I hope not. I find Stephanie a million times more fascinating than Stevie. Jmo.

Last edited by CADreaming; 09-14-2010 at 09:55 AM..
Old 09-14-2010, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
LOL!! Omg, if I only believed everything SN has ever said! Although, that dentist statement could be why she wears false teeth...

Btw, pure speculation on your part that she was stupid enough not to use birth control...but the point is we are ALL speculating about things we have very limited information about. The truth is more than likely in between and most people probably won't believe it if and when Stevie ever decides to reveal it. I think she will choose to always remain a mystery although I hope not. I find Stephanie a million times more fascinating than Stevie. Jmo.
You missed the point of what she was saying, I don't think she meant she literally never went to a dentist, it was just a way of pointing out how her lifestyle was.
Yes, it is all speculation. But my point is simply by her own statements she was not an innocent little girl. My opinion on the matter is based solely on what she herself has said and the times in which she was living.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuncles View Post
You missed the point of what she was saying, I don't think she meant she literally never went to a dentist, it was just a way of pointing out how her lifestyle was.
Yes, it is all speculation. But my point is simply by her own statements she was not an innocent little girl. My opinion on the matter is based solely on what she herself has said and the times in which she was living.
Nope, didn't miss the point.

Stevie not being innocent has nothing at all to do with the reasons for the terminations of her pegnancies, which only she alone (and maybe the father) know or understand.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Senior Ledgie

Ummm....Stevie wears false teeth?...I wouldn't have guessed that one!

Old 09-14-2010, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~GoldDustWoman~ View Post
Ummm....Stevie wears false teeth?...I wouldn't have guessed that one!
I was sorta kidding, but it could be PARTIALly true...
Old 09-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
I was listing other issues that have also almost completely destroyed this and other boards in past years, resulting in the ending of friendships,bitter arguments, and vicious "taking sides" which got so bad that eventually a moderator had to step in and lock the thread and ban several people permanently. I really do feel that was possible here; it's only a random occurrence that certain members just simply didn't happen to see this thread.
In the case of "The Ledge War", it wasn't just the THREAD that was locked, it brought down THE ENTIRE LEDGE for a couple of months (because that was before we had the multiple forums, it was just one big forum for all eras...and fans of some eras didn't, and probably SHOULDN'T mix with fans of other eras). That was when Marty reconfigured the Ledge into the format in which we're now accustomed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
...and a little feeling of "oh great, here we go AGAIN"
Yeah, me, too! That's why I posted my little paranoid blurb and mini-Ledge history lesson.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
Maybe I'm out of the loop, but from whom did she steal it from?
"Bring on the Night" by the Police. Waddy said he came into the studio session and played it like they told him. They said they were going for the Bring on the Night "feel" and he says he had never heard the song before, so he just did what they told him. This is from 1999:

Quote:
I had heard something about the Police, but I didn't know what they were talking about. Then about two years ago, I had the radio on, and on comes what sounds like "Edge of Seventeen"-and all of a sudden, there's Sting's voice! I thought, "We ripped them off completely!" I called Stevie that night and said, "Listen to me, don't ever do that again!"
http://bla.fleetwoodmac.net/index.ph...v2&id=590&c=17

Michele
Old 09-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
"Bring on the Night" by the Police. Waddy said he came into the studio session and played it like they told him. They said they were going for the Bring on the Night "feel" and he says he had never heard the song before, so he just did what they told him. This is from 1999:

http://bla.fleetwoodmac.net/index.ph...v2&id=590&c=17

Michele
In reading that entire article, I almost did a spew-take with my Diet Coke when reading this:

You gave new meaning to the term "versatile" by signing on as Adam Sandler's musicial director, as well as scoring "The Waterboy."

At first I was a bit skeptical, though once we got on the road it worked out fine. But the funny part was when we got to Connecticut. I rang up Keith [Richards] and told him that we were going to be playing near him. And I said, "You won't believe this, Keith, but I'm working with a comedian." And he goes, "Aren't we all?"
Old 09-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, Stevie had an abortion. But she did the world a favor. Another screwed up kid on the planet is not what this world needs. She knew she couldn't be a good mother and have a career and made the right choice - a very thoughtful choice. Now, had she had no job and needed money, she would of popped twelve out for the welfare check.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
In reading that entire article, I almost did a spew-take with my Diet Coke when reading this:

You gave new meaning to the term "versatile" by signing on as Adam Sandler's musicial director, as well as scoring "The Waterboy."

At first I was a bit skeptical, though once we got on the road it worked out fine. But the funny part was when we got to Connecticut. I rang up Keith [Richards] and told him that we were going to be playing near him. And I said, "You won't believe this, Keith, but I'm working with a comedian." And he goes, "Aren't we all?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Yes, Stevie had an abortion. But she did the world a favor. Another screwed up kid on the planet is not what this world needs. She knew she couldn't be a good mother and have a career and made the right choice - a very thoughtful choice. Now, had she had no job and needed money, she would of popped twelve out for the welfare check.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Thanks for clearing up on the specifics on whether or not a certain woman would have produced a screwed up kid! You must be a doctor or something?

Seriously, I think we've had real good discussion on this and comments like these are probably in line with what started that old war that a previous poster brought up.