User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-13-2003, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down I'm sorry, but this one is hard to swallow

This was a recent post on Mick's board:

" Hello everyone..I have never posted here before but I have been reading the board for the last few months. I would like to thank Knight and Fleetwood Mac for putting together such a wonderful opportunity for us fans.

I just got my tickets through the fan club presale and my dream of sitting FRONT ROW DEAD CENTER finially came true. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

I would also like to thank Jackie and Trinity for all the work they have done on behalf of the admin because they answered a lot of my questions through their diligent postings.

I am on top of the world. I was shaking and in tears when I saw that I got front row. I could barely type in my credit card info. Again...thanks to all involved. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! "

Anyone else finding it a bit hard to believe, not to mention the post a bit too corny to be real??? I smell a certain medieval rat. More power to her if this is a legitimate post. She apparently got the only front row seat (or the only seat in the first 15 rows for that matter) available through this bogus presale!

Last edited by SmthngOfADreamr; 03-13-2003 at 01:28 PM..
Old 03-13-2003, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default hmpf

The Knight probably wrote it

But if not, congrats to the person who scored these seats. I guess luck was on their side. Too bad that wasn't true for others that spent their hard earned money on this crap fan club.

T.
Old 03-13-2003, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Yeah.

That rat stinks, if you ask me.
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."
Old 03-13-2003, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is horse puckey. From my OWN experience and the experiences of everyone here, it has to be. This fan club is crooked...I don't care what The Knight or anyone else has to say. We were told they were holding 20% of the best seats in the house...that should mean that if i try to get seats the exact minute the presale starts, I should also get front row dead center. Horse **** and chips, f*ck the club.
Old 03-13-2003, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Yep I saw that post on Micks BB, too. Seems really strange that the poster just signed up now to say they got front row tix. I also found it kinda strange that they had to type the credit card info in, too. Ticketmaster doesn't give you too much time to do that. Thats why I pre-register with them.

Also how could certain people on Mick's BB help this person if they claim that they had never posted before??

OH forgot to ad that this person has yet to tell everyone WHAT venue they got the front row tickets for!!

Last edited by WelshWitchPMD; 03-13-2003 at 02:53 PM..
Old 03-13-2003, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just thought it seemed weird ONE person got front row out of all of us.

Im lucky with row 10 , dead center, I see that more and more. But front row? I think thats only for celebrities, vip's and contest winners.

But I thought we'd get some 5th row seats or something...

I don't know. It does seem fishy to me as well
Old 03-13-2003, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Janet... Luke was lucky enough to pull up front row center for us in Columbus, OH. Obviously, good tickets were in this presale- all you have to do is look at eBay. It's just depressing that it was practically impossible from the beginning for the fans of said "fan" club to get those good tickets.

-H
Old 03-13-2003, 08:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Why it's possible the first few rows are STILL hard to get

OK, despite the fact that many of us have signed up for the FM Fan Club, it appears that we have not been able to obtain the seats we were promised. What this is due to is totally open to speculation, but I would really like to see how they explain this.
However, may I propose this bit of info....I friend of mine in the music industry informed me of something rather surprising. It's that band's management have prearranged agreements with a scalper or scalpers. It really is all about getting top dollar for the best seats. So the scalper promises a certain kickback or percentage to the artist's management from the sale of the scalped tickets, and they get the best tix to sell...i.e. the first couple of rows. The money all goes back to the artists. I found this rather shocking, but there you have it.
So, I don't know if that is the case here with not good seats being offered for the Fan Club presale, but if that's the arrangement FM had with the scalper (s), it would explain a lot. Grrrr.
Old 03-14-2003, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down Hard to Swallow!!!

Sure is...like Grandma's castor oil!!!
Something's stinkin' somewhere!Sky

Peacekeeper song ... Lindsey
Old 03-14-2003, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry Re: Hard to Swallow!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Skylark
Sure is...like Grandma's castor oil!!!
Something's stinkin' somewhere!Sky
Nahhh, This following statements from "the Knight" is a real taste of castor oil:

"Hey Everyone!

The goal is to have everyone happy so we'll be busy looking into what can be done in the future to give Club Members something cool. Been busy working for the presale team and just got a chance to see the posts here. Still have until 9:00 pm PST so can't stay long but want to talk about this presale with the board members here.

Clearly some of you got great seats and some didn't. Some systems failed which were beyond our control and others worked. I'll cover more of this in detail over the weekend in the Knightly News. Going up with another set of cities tonight and a new presale beginning Thursday. All of our 600 great seats in each venue were sold or are still available to club members. Have hundreds of emails from nice people who took time to write in and offer thanks for the Club offering them great seats. Because some venues closed the public areas for moments or hours during this presale, some members couldn't find anything good at Ticketmaster at certain times.

We feel horrible about this and have offered an apology to all the fans who experienced this difficulty.But through the presale all venues had Fan blocked 20% best tickets and public seat access for the Club prior to the public sales.

We'll never control all the venues and systems all the time-and the Club sign-up states this-but we've talked with the right people and don't think presales will have the same problem in the future. Back with you over the weekend for more about this topic and to hear you out. And-if you got good seats, please post that too!

The Knight!"

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 03-14-2003 at 09:54 PM..
Old 03-15-2003, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If I wanted this much smoke blown up my ass I'd be sitting here with a pack of cigarettes and a short length of hose....

They must think we all rode the short bus to school this morning.

Ticket-scalping ebay brokers here I come. I'm dragging my feet, but I'm a-coming.

-Sharon