Sorry, Georgie. You can have him after I'm done with him
*slinks back to Christine*

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 07-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
Oh, I won't be that long, You can have Tusk Lindsey while you wait. I mean, seriously, how can you not think he's hot as hell (and yet, I'm still torn between that and fuzzy)?

(OK, I couldn't quite find what I wanted, but next best thing)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You can add me on Facebook

Last edited by MissLadyLoki; 07-02-2010 at 03:21 PM..
Old 07-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
Yes!!! Thank you so much. He looks sooooo adorable here. I love Lindsey as an old guy, sorry. He still has that hotness in him that very few old men can pull off.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 07-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I really like this photo. It shows him as he really looks, not like all the photos that are airbrushed and full of lighting tricks. Thanks for this!
I love that pic as well, though I think that particular focus would make anyone's lines and bags more pronounced- even someone a lot younger than LB. But he's got such amazing features that you have to appreciate no matter young or old.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Yes!!! Thank you so much. He looks sooooo adorable here. I love Lindsey as an old guy, sorry. He still has that hotness in him that very few old men can pull off.
Yep, still hot There is no bad era for him in my book.

------------------------
Old 07-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Both of their expressions are priceless... just sooo cute
Old 07-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
Yeah that is a good pic with how it shows how he really looks. Now, it just needs to be in color so we could see what his eyes look like without lighting issues.
I love that B&W pic just like it is, though it would be cool if only his eyes were in color, and the rest stayed B&W.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It took me that long, but I just realized that he's been using that same guitar since he cut his hair. In fact, that's something he should change up a bit, not songs. Maybe he could play that Les Paul from back in the day now and then.
When you're the one who had a large say in the design of the guitar, you tend to want to use it pretty much exclusively, since it fits your playing style & gets the sounds you want.

That's the problem, he HATED the Les Pauls....he only played them because Mick & John pretty much brow-beat him into using them because, as they said, "Les Pauls are the Fleetwood Mac guitar". Les Pauls really don't fit Lindsey's fingerpicking style all that well (obviously like the Turner does...or like a Strat or Tele that he used before joining FMac)

Quote:
I don't know.....I think a lot of fans would be really be shocked if he quit using the Turner guitar. He does play a variety of guitars during a show, though.
I don't think he really uses the Turner all that much for studio work, but they definitely work for him in a live setting. The "Oh Diane" video was kind of a shocker showing him "Playing" (since we know that video was totally lip sync'ed) a big ol' Gretch.

It's the same thing as with Eric Clapton using a Strat...he & the Stratocaster, since 1970 have become almost synonymous. The rare times (i.e. The Dylan 30th Anniversary concert) when he uses a Les Paul, he almost looks out of place playing one, even though that was his main guitar back in his John Mayall & Cream days.

Lindsey & the Turner...they just go together.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
Hands off mah woman, beeyatch.

(Actually, she'd probably turn us both down. We're the lesbo groupies she hates. )
Old 07-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
When you're the one who had a large say in the design of the guitar, you tend to want to use it pretty much exclusively, since it fits your playing style & gets the sounds you want.

That's the problem, he HATED the Les Pauls....he only played them because Mick & John pretty much brow-beat him into using them because, as they said, "Les Pauls are the Fleetwood Mac guitar". Les Pauls really don't fit Lindsey's fingerpicking style all that well (obviously like the Turner does...or like a Strat or Tele that he used before joining FMac)
Yeah, I've come to associate the Turner with him, like how I associate Jimmy Page with his sunburst Les Paul (if I could get anywhere on my dad's old acoustic six-string, I'd love to get a smaller version of that one) or Slash with his Les Paul Custom (I think that's what it is). Maybe it has to do with me liking Les Pauls a lot (a lot of my favorite guitarists either use it, or in Eddie Van Halen's case in regard to Frankenstrat, the guts of one), but I always thought Lindsey looked really cool using one, and now that I think about it, it did match his fuzzy appearance at the time quite well, but the Turner nhas matched him very well post-haircut.

BTW, anyone here ever see John Mayer play one? If so, did anyone think he looked a bit funny playing what we've come to know as Lindsey's axe?

Last edited by MissLadyLoki; 07-03-2010 at 11:08 AM..
Old 07-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

And speaking of Mick and John making Lindsey do stuff, what was that whole thing about them trying to make him use a pick?
I think it was just what Mick and John were used to. They likely saw it as 'their band' and in 'their band', all the other guitar players used a pick to create 'our sound', so this new guy should use one, too.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Old 07-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have come to a conclusion: of these 2 pics involving older Lindsey, he is still hot as an old guy, but he looks way better in the white shirt than in the leather jacket.

Old 07-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ I LOVE those two pics holidayroad. Thank you. Lindsey is so sweet to his fans. Honestly, look at his face in these pictures! I could never ever understand people who could go to an FM show and ever badmouth Lindsey. His personal life aside, he puts 150% into his performance and than he is so darn accommodating when he doesn't have to be. He doesn't owe it to anyone, but he does it anyway. Love that guy...
Old 07-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it was just what Mick and John were used to. They likely saw it as 'their band' and in 'their band', all the other guitar players used a pick to create 'our sound', so this new guy should use one, too.
You know, that does sound right. I heard, after the distaster involving a phoney version of the band that was created by their manager when they took a break after the guitarist was fired for having an affair with Mick's wife while on tour, Mick and John became the managers (at least that's what Mick said in Tusk doc I think), and with that, they probably wanted things their way, and with that, they wanted Lindsey to use a pick.