User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-08-2019, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Just my gut, but my guess is she knew there was zero chance Mick would side with Lindsey in the me or him ultimatum. She knows Mick as good as anyone and knows that Fleetwood Mac with her would net Mickey a lot more money than it would without her. So, while yes, in theory, she was willing to give up the Mac tour money, I highly doubt she ever thought Mick would actually tell her to take a hike. Firing Lindsey gave her the drama she always looks for in a Fleetwood Mac episode. And all the "new" band crap and Lindsey drama made the tour likely to bring in as much guaranteed money for Mick and Stevie as they would've gotten with another Rumours 5 tour.

However, the shortsightedness of them remains that if Buckingham McVie was a proper Fleetwood Mac album, including 3-4 Stevie songs, with a tour to follow with the 5 of them, they would have all made more money than they did otherwise. And, they would actually be demonstrating that they are a functioning and active band with some ability to remain somewhat creative in their old age, as opposed to playing 19 song setlist that include Tom Petty and Crowded House songs.
I agree with all of this 1000%. You are right on the $$$$$$.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I assume she needed a nice chunk of cash, hence this current tour. Up to this point, Fleetwood Mac tours have to make her more money than touring solo. She wasn't filling arenas solo until she either opened for Rod or added The Pretenders as an opening act. That being said, I truly do believe at this point, she is likely a more viable product solo than with a continued cobbled together version of Fleetwood Mac.
I still can't, for the love of God, understand why or for whom would she need all that money. Her dog? Her fans? Yeah, right!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-09-2019, 01:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I still can't, for the love of God, understand why or for whom would she need all that money. Her dog? Her fans? Yeah, right!

It must be for the fantastic designer clothes.....
Old 07-09-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
It must be for the fantastic designer clothes.....
Those black gloves get smelly. Lots of $$ to replace.
Old 07-09-2019, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Those black gloves get smelly. Lots of $$ to replace.
Hey, you were her tax attorney weren't you? I thought I recognized you! It sounds like she is a sweaty, smelly mess.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...545-story.html

Quote:
"much of this clothing is discarded immediately after use because it simply cannot be reused, given the energy levels of [Nicks'] performances and the heat generated on stage from lights and physical exertion."
But economical:

Quote:
Short adds, "When not performing, [Nicks'] makeup and hair-styling needs are minimal" so she doesn't claim them as a business expense then.
Quote:
Over the years, Nicks has projected a gypsy-like persona on stage. In her tax papers, lawyer George G. Short of Santa Barbara argues that her hair and clothing "must be themed to each performance, is not suitable for ordinary wear and is not adaptable to [Nicks'] general or continued use." She is required "to maintain a stage persona and appearance which is unlike her everyday persona and appearance."
You're telling me.

Quote:
Nicks also appeals $119,291 claimed as a business expense for payments to her personal manager, along with an additional $33,750 to write off an investment she made in the album "Buckingham-Nicks," which she and fellow Fleetwood Mac member Lindsey Buckingham jointly financed in 1974. That album was overshadowed by the success of Fleetwood Mac's albums, court papers say, and the two decided in 1991 to abandon any efforts to continue to promote it.
So, they didn't decide to stop promoting Buckingham Nicks until 1991? That doggone Lindsey. He's been costing her money all of her life.
Old 07-09-2019, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The only thing I like about her uniform...is the the jacket.
The hunting kind of jackets she wears..
Old 10-13-2019, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Diana Ross will be in the Legends slot for 2020.