The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-27-2018, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

All claims of sources aside, use your brain. Lindsey's not an idiot and knows time is not on the band's side - never in a million years would he have demanded Fleetwood Mac not tour for nearly two years after MusiCares!

We are being trolled here once again by someone who keeps parroting this outlandish excuse.

Old 05-27-2018, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
All claims of sources aside, use your brain. Lindsey's not an idiot and knows time is not on the band's side - never in a million years would he have demanded Fleetwood Mac not tour for nearly two years after MusiCares!

We are being trolled here once again by someone who keeps parroting this outlandish excuse.
Right!!! This is my thing...of course we don't have detailed accounts of EVERY SINGLE THING but most of us here have a pretty solid understanding of the band, and the internal politics of the last 20 years, give or take. I can make my informed opinion based upon what is out there, what has happened, and various other little comments and news over the years - in other words, I can use my brain to figure out what is going on.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And until I hear from some reputable source (i.e. a quote from Lindsey, Stevie, Christine, Mick, or John), I refuse to believe Lindsey demanded the Fleetwood Mac tour not take place until late 2019 (I see we're going with "late" now instead of the more concrete "November 2019" from last week). There is absolutely no evidence of this, and it goes against EVERY SINGLE THING that they ALL have been saying for quite some time now.

After John's illness and Christine's limited capabilities and vocal range that Lindsey witnessed from 2014-17, there is simply no way he would have been demanding a two year break from the time of MusicCares until the tour commenced.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Elle posted the original conversation on Facebook. For some reason, she couldn’t get it to show up here, but it was a real conversation.

I don’t doubt the reliability/validity of Rick’s source. Rick is not the type who would comment about it if it wasn’t legitimate, especially if the source was at NAMM. That might very easily be a clue as to who he was talking to.

My concern is that it’s only one side of a story that is more complex than what that source understands.
You all keep talking about this Facebook conversation with between Elle and Rick but I can't comment on that until I see it. No one has been able to find it.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Right!!! This is my thing...of course we don't have detailed accounts of EVERY SINGLE THING but most of us here have a pretty solid understanding of the band, and the internal politics of the last 20 years, give or take. I can make my informed opinion based upon what is out there, what has happened, and various other little comments and news over the years - in other words, I can use my brain to figure out what is going on.
Sorry but I prefer actual evidence to what you think happened.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know enough about Fleetwood Mac and Lindsey from over thirty years of fandom and enough about the complexities of the music industry from first and second hand experience that I’m keeping an open mind about this.

If I fault the band for anything, it’s that they gave any reason for it. All that needed to be said was that, without getting into details, they felt they couldn’t continue with him in the band anymore and just leave it at that.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-27-2018, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For those of you offended by the word "whore", for levity, and to showcase what we've lost in FM, I wanted to post this performance. I saw this live and was blown away!

Last edited by jwd; 05-27-2018 at 08:08 PM..
Old 05-27-2018, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
For those of you offended by the word "whore", for levity, and to showcase what we've lost in FM, I wanted to post this performance. I saw this live and was blown away!

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-27-2018, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know enough about Fleetwood Mac and Lindsey from over thirty years of fandom and enough about the complexities of the music industry from first and second hand experience that I’m keeping an open mind about this.

If I fault the band for anything, it’s that they gave any reason for it. All that needed to be said was that, without getting into details, they felt they couldn’t continue with him in the band anymore and just leave it at that.
I've looked online and I can find nothing about Rick Turner saying the band's story is a lie. All I see is that every media story is reporting that Lindsey wouldn't tour until next year. No one associated with Lindsey has said anything publicly to contradict the band's story. Please post links to any media stories that I may have missed that contradict the band's story.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
You all keep talking about this Facebook conversation with between Elle and Rick but I can't comment on that until I see it. No one has been able to find it.
Here’s the transcript she posted here. It’s exactly what was posted on Facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
the whole convo -

Rick Turner At one point, Lindsey had proposed that both FM and he with his band tour at the same time with the LB band filling in dates between the FM shows. The report was that Stevie wanted at least a day between gigs; Lindsey wanted to play as much as possible. That's what I heard from a most reliable source at the NAMM show in January.

Elle Llewi heard the same. thanks so much for filling this in Rick!

Elle Llew Rick Turner is it ok if i quote this on The Ledge? it's a google-able place and people sometimes check there.

Rick Turner Elle Llew Sure. I think it just points out one point of contention. Maybe it looked to some as though LB was going to do really well touring hard; perhaps not doubling his money on the tour, but certainly getting in nearly twice the audience face tim...See More

Elle Llew Rick Turner 😪 this makes me sad even more. what a f**king shame!

Elle Llew (excuse my language)

Rick Turner The whole thing is a mess, and I'm sorry for them all. I've had some memorable moments with that crew!

Haley Clark So then tensions were already high at Musicares. Because NAMM and Musicares were the same weekend. Which is probably what led to Stevie and Lindsey having their fight. And the rest is history.

Felix Le Chat Rick this is the most disgusting thing to hear: all could have been avoided.
Give Stevie 2, 3 or even 4 days between shows. I wouldn’t mind to visit consecutive LB gigs 😜
...See More

Pattie D I know for a fact that LB wanted to do a solo tour in between the FM tour. He did say that it was complicated and I guess he wasn't kidding.
I hope he gets to do the solo tour after all. I will not support Fleetwood Mac anymore.

Rick Turner Felix Le Chat Lindsey would have gotten more press than Stevie if they'd done a double tour like that.

Pattie D I really couldn't see Fleetwood Mac going along with his plans. What if people couldn't afford to see FM and went to see LB instead as it was more economical? Big problem.

Rick Turner Pattie D Would have to have been planned for different cities.

Pattie D I could see where that would get costly. Not to mention would the crew get any rest?

Elle Llew but that makes complete sense:

FM plays arena in downtown DC. LB solo plays the Fillmore in Silver Spring, MD.

FM plays MSG . LB solo plays Red Bank, NJ.

easy peasy!

Felix Le Chat Rick Turner : a logistical nightmare (aside from costs) 😝 to have it in different cities.
Most cities do have multiple venues. Although in this group the LB fan ship reels highly I do believe Lindsey would have been ok to play smaller venues than FM.

And I’m sure he got enough guitars 🎸 for 2 sets (if not you could probably help on that &#128540

Rick Turner Pattie D Well, it would just be two interlaced tours with some of the folks working practically every night. But that's what they do in musical theater...Broadway and off-Broadway actors do eight shows a week...six nights and two matinees. That's what professionals are capable of. At one point the Beach Boys were often enough doing two gigs on the same day, and on at least one day, they did three...in three different cities. Lot's of alimony to pay for those guys!

Pattie D Don't forget Providence after FM plays Boston, Elle. LOL

Elle LlewYPattie D i'm self serving

Rick Turner It would have been doable. It just needed everyone's buy-in.

Pattie D Well sadly it's never going to happen now.

Elle Llew Felix Le Chat nope, wouldn't be. see above. FM plays cities, LB solo suburbs. works!

here's the link to these posts: https://www.facebook.com/groups/8972...5412200239934/

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-27-2018, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
that word again!!!!
Old 05-27-2018, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Many of us don't need evidence to be outraged with Mick and Stevie. His wishy-washy explanation in the CBS interview ("We don't like to use the word fired") and Stevie's comments about "certain people" not liking to do pre 1975 songs were annoying and predictable. Moreover, Stevie's VERY vocal complaints about working with Lindsey over the years, her insistence that she wants to have FUN in her remaining years (ie: she was NOT having fun with LB), and the all-too conspicuous timing of this "non-firing" with Mike Campbell's sudden availability due to Tom Petty's death--all of this has left a number of the fans of the band, people who have wanted a new FM record for over 15 years, more than frustrated. We're outright disgusted.

I don't need forensic evidence to see what is pretty much in plain sight to us all: LB was fired because Stevie and Mick wanted to tour and make quick, copious amounts of money doing what they've always done--performances of old material.We who had hoped the LB/CM collaboration could lead to MORE new music between two of the three songwriters still committed to creating new music are, well, pissed off.

Just my two cents.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Many of us don't need evidence to be outraged with Mick and Stevie. His wishy-washy explanation in the CBS interview ("We don't like to use the word fired") and Stevie's comments about "certain people" not liking to do pre 1975 songs were annoying and predictable. Moreover, Stevie's VERY vocal complaints about working with Lindsey over the years, her insistence that she wants to have FUN in her remaining years (ie: she was NOT having fun with LB), and the all-too conspicuous timing of this "non-firing" with Mike Campbell's sudden availability due to Tom Petty's death--all of this has left a number of the fans of the band, people who have wanted a new FM record for over 15 years, more than frustrated. We're outright disgusted.

I don't need forensic evidence to see what is pretty much in plain sight to us all: LB was fired because Stevie and Mick wanted to tour and make quick, copious amounts of money doing what they've always done--performances of old material.We who had hoped the LB/CM collaboration could lead to MORE new music between two of the three songwriters still committed to creating new music are, well, pissed off.

Just my two cents.
YES, YES, and YES!
Old 05-27-2018, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I swear...if I thought he knew anything about how to get on the internet, I'd say this Mouse is Mick in disguise. Mick/Mouse - c'mon it's not too big of a stretch
I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2018, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
all of this has left a number of the fans of the band, people who have wanted a new FM record for over 15 years, more than frustrated. We're outright disgusted.
But, calling it LBCM and using the “it just felt like a duet album” load of crap made it clear that we were never getting that. That WAS the new music from Fleetwood Mac.

Quote:
We who had hoped the LB/CM collaboration could lead to MORE new music between two of the three songwriters still committed to creating new music are, well, pissed off.
I’m not convinced we won’t get new music from either LBCM or Fleetwood Mac. I wouldn’t be surprised if we got both, I also wouldn’t be surprised if we got neither, but I am more optimistic than not that we’ll get something new before too long.

THE Stephen Hopkins