User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-12-2018, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Lindsey's inner circle does believe he got a raw deal. I might feel the same way if he were my brother. And yes I do have two sources. One in Lindsey's production team and one in his management team who both told me that the band's story is what happened. The band planned this tour a year in advance. Lindsey decided that he wanted to do a solo tour alongside the Mac tour. The band said "no" and then Lindsey said he wanted to delay the Mac tour for a year and the band then fired him. That's what I've been told by two independent people close with Lindsey.
At first you claimed your 'sources' were a part of the BAND's inner circle but oh well...
And either way that is a raw deal lol. Someone trying to make things work and then shutting him down, then they offer another option that could make things work and then they fire him? Independently of the whole history of Fleetwood Mac and Lindsey, that's a raw deal. I don't know how anyone can look at it and think anything else. When you factor in the history of Lindsey with the band and compare it to that of people like Stevie, it becomes even worse.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I always thought this too. After the OWTS tour they talked as if they would tour again at the end of 2017, giving them a 2 years break which is usually what they like. But Stevie took on her solo tour that ended up going long so then Lindsey and Chris decided to do BM in the time. I think that Lindsey would have started whatever solo thing he wanted during that time had it not been for Stevie refusing to do an album. He probably hoped he would be able to do his solo project in its own time and go out on the road with FM in support of a new album-- a totally separate album/tour was probably not something he was hoping for. But because that didn't work out so they did BM instead that took up some of that time he could've used.

**She also delayed the 2013 tour, which was supposed to start in 2012 (actually was supposed to start in 2011 but Mick agreed to give S&L that year for their solo projects, Lindsey took it and was ready to go with FM as scheduled but Stevie later decided that she wasn't finished promoting her album so she told them no). The whole debacle was pretty dramatic and well documented.
Was the entire tour scheduled and booked when Stevie backed out?
Old 06-12-2018, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Was the entire tour scheduled and booked when Stevie backed out?
No idea. I posted a clip on here of Stevie talking about it, if I can find it again I'll add the link. She basically said that Fleetwood Mac agreed to tour in 2013 so she and Lindsey would have 2012 to promote/tour their solo albums. Then Stevie decided at some point that she wasn't ready to give up on her solo album yet so she told them "sorry you guys but I'm not touring, I need more time for my album" and she said they were very upset and unhappy etc.
Then Mick had an interview in Playboy that was extremely dramatic where he was crying that his band is dead, they were supposed to tour but Stevie is "obsessed" with her album, they're probably never gonna tour again, etc etc very dramatic.
I don't know the little details of when she decided she wasn't gonna tour/if they had booked yet but that was the situation-- they agreed to tour, she later backed out, it was highly dramatic.