User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-04-2018, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
seems like she got veneers or caps or something. quite a few older entertainers (singers, actors, etc) seem to have gotten them and they all end up having the same slurry, lispy or somehow altered speech.

I just watched Roger Daltrey on an interview program and he's got it now too.

It's frightening! And not worth pretty teeth. Can't believe caps or veneers would change your speech so noticeably. Wow! Maybe it has more to do with the old age thing.
Old 05-04-2018, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
It's frightening! And not worth pretty teeth. Can't believe caps or veneers would change your speech so noticeably. Wow!
right? but I can't imagine they've all suddenly had strokes or something either, so..... Maybe they need to pick better cosmetic dentists!

You know, like some people get really good plastic surgery and injectables and all that done to their faces (whoever Stevie uses does fantastic work) and you can't really tell, and others look like they got hit by a truck.
Old 05-04-2018, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
right? but I can't imagine they've all suddenly had strokes or something either, so..... Maybe they need to pick better cosmetic dentists!

You know, like some people get really good plastic surgery and injectables and all that done to their faces (whoever Stevie uses does fantastic work) and you can't really tell, and others look like they got hit by a truck.
Maybe. Glad I'm not the only person noticing it with Christine though. Stay away from her dentist!
Old 05-04-2018, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLamb View Post

Glad they have played a number of Stevie solo songs, but a bit dismayed they're only playing (so far) very few of Christine's ("When You Say", "Got A Hold On Me" and "Friend"). Haven't heard any solo stuff by Bob Welch nor Lindsey.
I haven't heard any solo Lindsey either - but, since it is his solo work wouldn't they have to get his permission? I don't know how it works, but if I was fired I would probably not let them have my music. I don't know. It would be nice to hear some tracks from Go Insane like D.W. Suite.
Old 05-04-2018, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe. Glad I'm not the only person noticing it with Christine though. Stay away from her dentist!
I heard it with Christine but also with Stevie too. There was almost a slight shh sound to some of her s's.

What a drag it is getting old...
Old 05-04-2018, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I heard it with Christine but also with Stevie too. There was almost a slight shh sound to some of her s's.

What a drag it is getting old...

Damn, I love that song!
Old 05-04-2018, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They do NOT need Lindsey's permission to play his songs. The fact that they aren't is probably the bands doing. WHICH IS SO WRONG. F#CK THEM! They just have to pay the ASCAP royalty fee.
Old 05-04-2018, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Her shibbolentsh are shlightly shour.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-05-2018, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
on my way home this afternoon, Mick was talking........ about Tango. and how Lindsey left. but that he luckily came back, years later. and how lucky they are that he's back now.

must have been recorded that they before Musicares when Mick and Lindsey went to Sirius to do their interviews.

i now soooooooo want those Lindsey interviews to be aired!! so. bad. i need them!
In Mick's playlist, he plays Walk a Thin Line and talks about how Lindsey inspired him to do his album, The Visitor. I was really surprised to hear him talking so fondly about Lindsey but this makes sense if his interview was pre-recorded.

I wish Lindsey's interviews/playlist would air too.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:27 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
So who is responsible for what does get programmed on this channel? There are myriads of FM and solo songs to play. Not to mention all the artists that FM and its' members have worked with. Walter Egan, Lana Del Rey, Kenny Loggins, John Stewart etc etc. Who needs the other stuff?
On the Sirius XM website, you can usually get an e-mail address for the individual stations. Not so, it seems, with limited-run channels. I called and asked for e-mail contact for whomever is running the Fleetwood Mac channel, and was told they couldn't give out that info.

Five days in, and the channel is getting really repetitive. It's easy to see the list of what's already been played through the Dogstar site.

This channel hasn't yet played "As Long As You Follow", "No Questions Asked", "Paper Doll", "Love Shines", "Heart Of Stone" or "Make Me A Mask", among others (like "When I See You Again", though I'm in no hurry to hear that one).

I'd also like to hear on the radio the live version of "Everywhere" from the 1987 Tango In The Night concert video (I have it on the "Save Me" CD-single).

I really like having access to this channel. It just seems like I have a more extensive collection than they do.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Her shibbolentsh are shlightly shour.
watch Stevie when she talks during the CBS interview-- especially when she describes them listening to all sorts of singers from 27-65. Her tongue is constantly at the front of her mouth almost popping out, and she's rather lispy.
A lot of us commented on how lispy, and slurry her enunciation is on 24k. She's definitely had her teeth done but initially had it done years ago.... if you look at old pics in the early days of FM she had much larger 2 front top teeth and then at some point she's got the smaller, all same sized teeth perfectly aligned that come from cosmetic work. Maybe she got replacements a few years back? Maybe it's just old age slurriness? Girlfriend is 70 now.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was really surprised at how easy it was to get this. I simply downloaded the app to my tablet. Didn't have to sign up for an account or start a trial subscription. Just searched for the FM channel and started playing it.

Haven't listened long enough to notice repetitiveness. It's definitely not a casual fan Top 40 FM track station. Loving all the early FM songs and more obscure tracks being played. "Where We Belong"(tango outtake), alternate "Rhiannon", from I think the deluxe box set, "Everybody Finds Out", and some live tracks as well. Actually playing John Stewart's "Gold", that Stevie was heavily featured on, as I'm typing this.

I like hearing the different band members with their commentaries. Christine on speaking highly of TITN and how SHE enjoyed the recording process at Lindsey's house. We all know how Stevie felt about that.

Mick was singing Bob Welch's praises and what he meant to FM. Apparently not enough for him to get inducted into the RRHOF though. Then "Woman Of A Thousand Years" is played.

Anyway, very interesting channel. I wish it was permanent.

Last edited by jwd; 05-06-2018 at 10:40 AM.. Reason: typos and such
Old 05-06-2018, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine McVie "I'd Rather Go Blind"! Wow!
Old 05-06-2018, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They're playing "I'd Rather Go Blind" from the Christine Perfect album right now. Really surprised at how well they are mixing this up and bringing in so much rare stuff (although as we know, they're avoiding a certain someone ).
Old 05-06-2018, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christine McVie "I'd Rather Go Blind"! Wow!
Quote:
They're playing "I'd Rather Go Blind" from the Christine Perfect album right now. Really surprised at how well they are mixing this up and bringing in so much rare stuff (although as we know, they're avoiding a certain someone ).
Ha - guess we had the same thought!