User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-04-2004, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
I LOVE YOUR BANNER!!!! I cannot wait for a new episode. This waiting is driving me NUTS. Oh, and is it just me or was Will incredibly sexy playing the Brit when she pulled him out of witness protection??
Thank you! I fancy it myself.

I am *dying* for a new episode. It hasn't been on since the first week of December and it won't return until next week. However, from what I've heard, it is going to be the episode of all episodes, i.e. we'll find out what happened to Syd for those two years!!! Have you seen the preview yet?

Will was always one of my favorites, but he ROCKED last episode. It was so awesome when he fought with Faux-cie (Alison) and Syd kicked Sark's ass. I was a tad mad that they killed Faux-cie, though. That means no more Merrin EVER. And they *need* to bring will back for good, not just one eppy.

Have you gotten the DVDs yet? The commentaries are fantastic. Merrin cracks me up with her jokes about the sexual tension between Francie and Syd. And the deleted scenes are great, too.

Old 01-04-2004, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"
Default Re: What new DVD's have you purchased?

Say You Will Dvd-A
Rumours Dvd-A (figures, I don't even have the whole 5:1 thing. I have two ears, not six, thank you very much.)
Stevie at Red Rocks (and it was about time!)
Rick Vito In Concert
Can's double-DVD (kicks serious butt)

Also, got Spinal Tap for Christmas. What else does one need?

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up
Old 01-05-2004, 01:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm old fashioned and still buy videos. I don't have a dvd player although my roommate does. I'm not into buying videos unless they are Fleetwood Mac.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Totally OT but I want AN X FILES BANNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the Alias banner but I haven't seen one second of the show. I do have a friend who is obsessed by it though.

I want an X Files banner. Can someone make one for me I have the pics and the layout in my little head but I can't make them!!!
Old 01-05-2004, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Janet
Totally OT but I want AN X FILES BANNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the Alias banner but I haven't seen one second of the show. I do have a friend who is obsessed by it though.

I want an X Files banner. Can someone make one for me I have the pics and the layout in my little head but I can't make them!!!
I have to update my PhotoShop, I'll let you know when I'm done.

Until then, try Banner Maker Pro. You can download it free for two weeks and it's pretty neat and VERY easy.

Old 01-05-2004, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: What new DVD's have you purchased?

Quote:
Originally posted by face of glass
Say You Will Dvd-A
Rumours Dvd-A (figures, I don't even have the whole 5:1 thing. I have two ears, not six, thank you very much.)
Tell you what, if you get Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, you will think you have 6 ears….

The Rumours DVD-A sounds absolutely stunning in surround mode…I heard sounds and instruments I had never heard in the old analog mix on CD. It was like hearing the album for the first time again.

Some of my recent purchases:

The Two Towers Extended Edition
Scarface – 20th Anniversery Edition
American Beauty (One of my favorites…had it since it was released but someone stole it during a little soriee at the house!)
A River Runs Through It
Collection is 200+ and growing!

I am a DVD/film junkie.

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller
Old 01-05-2004, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just bought "Reversal Of Fortune" on DVD (the one with Glenn Close and Jeremy Irons about the von Bulows) from my local video store today, along with a bunch of videos.

They are slowly going into DVDs, so their videos are on sale for buy one, get one free. So, I bought ten.

Old 01-05-2004, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I finally got Hedwig & the Angry Inch and Ghost World on DVD- they're two of my favorite films but I never actually owned them- got them for Christmas!

I also bought Alias Season 2 and am trying to grab Season 1 off eBay- I sped through watching both seasons in less than a week, which is SO pathetic!

I also bought some cheap DVDs at Target a couple of weeks ago- Pump Up The Volume, The Big Lebowski, Dark City... and have several new DVDs from work- Dixie Chicks Live, Judas Priest- Electric Eye, Bruce Springsteen Live in Barcelona, and Tenacious D- The Complete Masterworks, which I TOTALLY recommend to any fan of the D.

I also bought the Battlestar Galactica DVD set for my father for Christmas, who loved it. It's a really awesome set if you like that schlocky preachy sci-fi crap.

-Hayley
Old 01-06-2004, 07:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by hayley
I finally got Hedwig & the Angry Inch and Ghost World on DVD-
I really liked Ghost World, but it depressed me...BUT Hedwig...oh my GOD I LOVE that movie...the first time I saw it (at a friend's) I ran right out and got the soundtrack...I just recently got the DVD as well...I am so excited...!!!!!
Old 01-06-2004, 08:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I also bought Alias Season 2 and am trying to grab Season 1 off eBay- I sped through watching both seasons in less than a week, which is SO pathetic!
I must be pathetic, too, because I watched both seasons in a week!

Old 01-06-2004, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, the week part isn't so bad... the fact that I finished Season 2 itself in TWO days out of that week... THAT was bad!

I just think it sucks that I've gotten into this show now, because I want to get caught up with the third season, but they're ten episodes in, and who knows when they'll come out on DVD. I've been trying to read the episode synopses but they make NO sense!
Old 01-06-2004, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, the week part isn't so bad... the fact that I finished Season 2 itself in TWO days out of that week... THAT was bad!

I just think it sucks that I've gotten into this show now, because I want to get caught up with the third season, but they're ten episodes in, and who knows when they'll come out on DVD. I've been trying to read the episode synopses but they make NO sense!
Two days?!?!

It took me three.

Don't forget to watch it this Sunday because we're going to find out what happened to Syd in the two years she was missing!! I'll let you know what's going on at the moment in a clear and concise way:

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

[spoiler]When Syd came back from Hong Kong, Vaughn was married to this bitch Lauren from the NSC (National Security Council), her father was in prison because he had made contact with Irina, and no one besides him had heard anything about Irina. Sloane supposedly went straight, dedicating his life to others and forming a world health-type organization. She eventually got her father out of prison but he still kept in contact with Irina and sent a love message to her via email. We know he got some in the two years Syd's been gone! Syd has been trying to find out what happened to her and knows that her name was Julia Thorne. She supposedly killed a high-ranking foreign official and it was caught by security cameras. Before the CIA got the video, she tracked down one of her former lovers (he was a real scuzz) and he told her about the man she killed. We come to find out that it was Sark's daddy and that he was left over $800 million when his dad died and he's using the money to fund The Covenant. Will has been in the witness protection program, but he Syd lured him out to go on a mission and in the process, he became a kick-ass dude and stabbed Francie's double to death. But he went back in hiding. Sloane set Syd up with a dream doctor (David Cronenberg!!) to try to tap into her unconciously to find out where she's been and she had dreams that Vaughn's wife was involved. Dixon had become director of the CIA after Syd disappeared, but when it was found out that he kept the video of Syd killing the official secret, he was suspended. However, we come to find out that the official, Sark's daddy, isn't dead and that he's been trying to get in touch with Syd to tell her what happened to her. Plus a lot of missions have happened and other little subplots, but that's the gist. Now, Kendall is going to tell Syd what happened this Sunday!!![end spoiler]

I've read that season three will come out in July, so keep your fingers crossed. Also, David Bowie, Quentin Tarantino, and Isabella Rosselini are going to join for a few episodes.

Old 01-06-2004, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Possible spoiler alert-

Thanks for that, dissention! It helps! I read the guy that Syd supposedly killed was a Russian diplomat, so Sark's Russian? I'd always assumed he was British. But that makes sense if he was raised in Russia or by Russian parents- perhaps he was a part of the Russian version of Project Christmas like Syd & Evil Francie.

And didn't Quentin Tarantino die in the episode where he and his team took over SD-6? I have to rewatch that, but I didn't think he'd escaped! And DAVID BOWIE? Is that confirmed?!?

Oh- and how is it just "okay" that Sloane's reformed? Did he strike a deal with the government or something that's allowed him to remain a free man? He's considered an international terrorist and was wanted by the CIA for trial- I don't understand how he got off.

And thanks for the info about the DVD release in July- that's awesome, I was wondering about that. I love 24, and 24's been really smart in releasing their DVDs for the previous season, before the next season starts, so people can catch up!
Old 01-06-2004, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Possible spoiler alert-

Thanks for that, dissention! It helps! I read the guy that Syd supposedly killed was a Russian diplomat, so Sark's Russian? I'd always assumed he was British. But that makes sense if he was raised in Russia or by Russian parents- perhaps he was a part of the Russian version of Project Christmas like Syd & Evil Francie.

And didn't Quentin Tarantino die in the episode where he and his team took over SD-6? I have to rewatch that, but I didn't think he'd escaped! And DAVID BOWIE? Is that confirmed?!?

Oh- and how is it just "okay" that Sloane's reformed? Did he strike a deal with the government or something that's allowed him to remain a free man? He's considered an international terrorist and was wanted by the CIA for trial- I don't understand how he got off.

And thanks for the info about the DVD release in July- that's awesome, I was wondering about that. I love 24, and 24's been really smart in releasing their DVDs for the previous season, before the next season starts, so people can catch up!
In exchange for his ongoing cooperation and intel regarding the Alliance, K-Directorate, and the Covenant, he was given a walk.

No, Tarantino didn't die. Remember he ran out of SD-6 with the vial, but the CIA knocked him unconscious and took it from him? I always thought he'd be back!

Yup, Bowie will be on it. Apparently, they put out a casting call for a "David Bowie-like villain" and got quite a surprise when he expressed interest. I don't know when he'll be on it, though, probably the end of the season. I do know that Rosselini will play Irina's sister!

Sark's father was a Russian diplomat, but I guess he never wanted anything to do with Sark and he grew up in Britain, but that he left everything to him. Oh, and when Sark's father went to meet with Syd and Vaughn, Sark and evil Francie drove up and abducted him. I'm still convinced that Vaughn's wife and Sark are siblings, dammit.