Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-03-2010, 03:05 AM
joe

Default You Make Loving Fun Rosebud/Rumours outtake vs. Final Version

I have been listening to the Rumours outtake version for the past month. I really love the Stevie/Christing harmony, the extended instrumental, and the alternate ending...Pretty much the Rosebud version. Speaking of Rosebud, where else can you see classic footage of Stevie playing that wood block instrument that I can never remember the name of???

So, which version do you prefer? This version or the one that made the final cut?

Last edited by joe; 07-03-2010 at 03:16 AM..
Old 07-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
I have been listening to the Rumours outtake version for the past month. I really love the Stevie/Christing harmony, the extended instrumental, and the alternate ending...Pretty much the Rosebud version. Speaking of Rosebud, where else can you see classic footage of Stevie playing that wood block instrument that I can never remember the name of???

So, which version do you prefer? This version or the one that made the final cut?
Joe, I think she's playing a soft shoe in that video, that wood percussion instrument with a stick to run across the ribs of the instrument. It was featured as well on "Love in Store" from Mirage.

As much as I'm intrigued by the extended--and from what I can tell original--version of YMLF, I think the edits were smart and the song is better for them.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Joe, I think she's playing a soft shoe in that video, that wood percussion instrument with a stick to run across the ribs of the instrument. It was featured as well on "Love in Store" from Mirage.

As much as I'm intrigued by the extended--and from what I can tell original--version of YMLF, I think the edits were smart and the song is better for them.
I always forget what that percussion instrument is called. I call it a wooden fish!

Of course the edits were smart for radio, but fans don't NEED radio edits. I love the alternate lyrics at the end!
Old 07-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I always forget what that percussion instrument is called. I call it a wooden fish!

Of course the edits were smart for radio, but fans don't NEED radio edits. I love the alternate lyrics at the end!
I believe that's a guiro that she's playing on the YMLF video.

I love the YMLF version with the "beginning to wonder why" and "feeling it's time to try" sung in block harmony, but I doubt if there was a way to easily integrate that version with the "it's all I want to do" ending that became the LP version. It's really an alternate version rather than an edit.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drzubritsky View Post
I believe that's a guiro that she's playing on the YMLF video.

I love the YMLF version with the "beginning to wonder why" and "feeling it's time to try" sung in block harmony, but I doubt if there was a way to easily integrate that version with the "it's all I want to do" ending that became the LP version. It's really an alternate version rather than an edit.
Guiro!!! I can NEVER think of that word!

But that version of the song is longer, repeating the second verse, along with the instrumental chorus.