Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Houston Rocked!!!!!

OMG.. It's 3:15, and I'm WAY too excited to sleep! What a incredible show!!! I'm going to give my full review tomorrow, but I can't say enough how much they ROCKED the house tonight!!! Lindsey was definitely on FIRE! And Stevie was wonderful too! WHAT a AWESOME "GDW"! WOW.. My mouth was on the floor with the way she sang that one!

Livia- I'm SOOOOOO sorry I missed you girlfriend, but for whatever reason, when people were calling me, or I was trying to make calls out, I couldn't get a signal, and those that called, ended up getting cut off, so I'll have to call them tomorrow and let them know.. That part sucked as I missed you, and another friend I was supposed to have met there. I SOOO hope you guys had a blast at the show!!! It really ROCKED!!

Hugs,

Arlene
xoxoxo

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 05-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviefan49 View Post
OMG.. It's 3:15, and I'm WAY too excited to sleep! What a incredible show!!! I'm going to give my full review tomorrow, but I can't say enough how much they ROCKED the house tonight!!! Lindsey was definitely on FIRE! And Stevie was wonderful too! WHAT a AWESOME "GDW"! WOW.. My mouth was on the floor with the way she sang that one!

Livia- I'm SOOOOOO sorry I missed you girlfriend, but for whatever reason, when people were calling me, or I was trying to make calls out, I couldn't get a signal, and those that called, ended up getting cut off, so I'll have to call them tomorrow and let them know.. That part sucked as I missed you, and another friend I was supposed to have met there. I SOOO hope you guys had a blast at the show!!! It really ROCKED!!

Hugs,

Arlene
xoxoxo
So glad that you had an awesome time, Arlene!! Looking forward to reading your full review

Here's the review from the Houston Chronicle...
http://blogs.chron.com/intune/2009/0...fleetwood.html
Old 05-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Houston Chronicle, May 2, 2009, by Joey Guerra

There were no surprises, radical reworkings or new tunes to promote during Fleetwood Mac's Saturday night set at Toyota Center.

There were just music and memories -- keys to the complete Mac experience. (And Stevie Nicks in a shawl, of course, during Gold Dust Woman.)

The echoes of hope and heartache informed every lyric, and each song signaled a memory, a moment in time for someone in the crowd (and onstage).

"Fleetwood Mac, as I'm sure you know, has had a complex and emotional history," Lindsey Buckingham told the crowd.

"It's kind of worked for us. Every time we come together, there's a sense of possibility."

The band walked out onto a dark stage, Buckingham leading Nicks by the hand. They kicked off with a jangly, lighthearted Monday Morning -- but things quickly intensifed with the pounding groove of The Chain, which boasted solid harmonies (aided by a trio of background singers).

Th staging was simple but effective, a maze of shadows and light. Nicks' trademark scarves were wrapped around her microphone stand.

The gypsy woman can't quite hit the girlish high notes of enduring hit Dreams, but her voice still has a bleating allure. She introduced Gypsy as a nod to her musical history in San Francisco, which gave it a wistful sense of remembrance.

Less dynamic were a few moments when Buckingham took command (I Know I'm Not Wrong, Go Insane). The crowd thought so, too, and several folks scurried up toward the lobby. His voice-and-guitar take on Big Love, however, was a searing set highlight.

Nicks sparkled amid the rueful strains of Rhiannon, and Second Hand News (the first song recorded for the Mac's legendary Rumours album, Buckingham said) was a blaze of joyful vocals and instrumentation. Tusk boasted a blaring kick, and it's impossible to not be moved by Landslide's weary grace.

But the small details often made the biggest impact: Nicks sweetly placing her head on Buckingham's shoulder during a heartfelt Sara; Buckingham taking quick moments to soak in the cheers after every song.

Musically, the Mac is tight and together. Buckingham showcased more blazing guitar work during I'm So Afraid, and Nicks still makes Stand Back a solo synth delight (with trademark twirls, no less). Mick Fleetwood also indulged in a flashy drum solo during first encore World Turning.

Late-inning anthems Go Your Own Way and Don't Stop were expectedly triumphant. But graceful rumination Silver Springs ended things on a delicate note -- another facet of the Mac's iconic, still-inspiring legacy.

Last edited by michelej1; 05-03-2009 at 01:06 PM..
Old 05-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am SO exhausted - just got back from Houston a couple hours ago...but had to get a few pics up to share..Arlene, sorry we missed you!

That's my hand touching Lindsey's guitar (he gave me a pick).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Unleashed Houston 124 r c.JPG (60.2 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg Unleashed Houston 127 rcc.JPG (43.6 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg Unleashed Houston 120 r c.JPG (71.5 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg Unleashed Houston 030 r c.JPG (48.2 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg Unleashed Houston 032 r c.JPG (45.6 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by Livia; 05-03-2009 at 09:21 PM..
Old 05-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I am SO exhausted - just got back from Houston a couple hours ago...but had to get a few pics up to share..Arlene, sorry we missed you!

Freaking GREAT photos!!!

Old 05-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks! It was definitely the Lindsey show, most of my pics are of him and it was one amazing pic after another, I didn't even have to try. Of course, it doesn't hurt being so close and having him stand right in front of you all night. Seriously, I kept going through the pics on my camera and saying, "Oh my God, look at that one!"

I think Stevie was having an off night...she messed up the second verse in GDW (started to sing the first verse again). Besides that, it was great. So was Storms and Silver Springs. She played around w/ the melody in Dreams, which was refreshing. But as much as I love her and wanted to pay attention to her, Lindsey stole the show.

The crowd was great (sorry to hear about the a-holes in Dallas). In Houston, there was NOBODY up front before the lights went out. Bruce and I had moved toward the middle of third row, since our seats were so far on the side, the 2nd row seemed empty. But as soon as the lights went out, we snagged our spot right at the stage, smack dab in the middle of Stevie and Lindsey. Gary was right behind us, Billo was just a few people to our left.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Unleashed Houston 083 r co.JPG (39.5 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Unleashed Houston 150 r co.jpg (49.2 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by Livia; 05-04-2009 at 08:13 PM..
Old 05-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, great reviews! I love reading everyone's review ... almost like being there.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up

Livia, your photos are awesome! Glad it was a great show and I'm sorry, but I am so happy Lindsey is stealing the show. Heh.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Livia, your pics are absolutely wonderful. I think I'm going ot have to go to another show (or three). I miss all the excitement. And Lindsey... But seriously, I love reading these reviews, seeing the pics, and vids...

And I'm with you wondergirl re: LB. It's hard for some to swallow, and it's not meant disrespectfully, but Lindsey takes these show to a whole different element and pretty much OWNS. It's easy for a reviewer to say that some moments of his are "less dynamic" but for many who are just casual fans, they're hearing stuff they aren't used to/not familiar with. The reaction is typical, but if you look at the overall, general picture I can't imagine anyone coming to an FM show and not being blown away by Lindsey's performances.

This is all said, of course, in light of the fact that Stevie is forever an icon.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 05-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Registered

Quote:
They ALWAYS let at least the first 3 rows stand at the stage, it's usually the first 5. But lately (Ft. Lauderdale, Dallas and a few other cities) have been up to the first 15, whether they're filming or not.

As for security, it varies from venue to venue. Just hide your camera well and don't take pics until you see how security is reacting to others taking pics, that's what I usually do, anyway. They won't pat you down like you're at a Slayer concert
That's what I do too, sneak my digital camera in... then wait for others to start taking pictures with flash, first... I did that in Grand Prairie/Dallas in 2005 at the Nokia Theater on Stevie's 'Gold Dust' tour... Outside and inside the venue were signs saying, "Absolutely No Camera's"... I thought, "Ha, We'll See"... Lmaooooo... Once Stevie came out and started playing, everyone was taking pictures and the security didn't say nothing... Once I saw flash from camera's and cell phones lighting up... I started clicking pictures till the end of the show... Got about 60 pics... LOL!!!
The way I feel about it is, if the venue does not allow camera's then they better make everyone check their cell phones in at the door too...

Donnie Wayne ~
Old 05-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMlex View Post
So glad that you had an awesome time, Arlene!! Looking forward to reading your full review

Here's the review from the Houston Chronicle...

Hey Thanks SOOOOO much! We had a BLAST, and am still on my "FM high" from Saturday night! It had to be one of the best show's I've seen in a VERY long time! I LOVED Stevie's version of Gold Dust Woman, which was INCREDIBLE!!!! She SOOOOO ROCKED! Even tho Lindsey was on fire, and he SOOOOOOO got into the audience and interacted, I have to give Stevie credit, where deserved! She hit her notes on every song, but the only thing we were a bit dissappointed in, was her not interacting with the audience more, like Linds did.. He also really appreciated the crowd's applause after each of his songs, and held his heart, as if to show his appreciation, and let the crowd know just how greatful he was! That was AWESOME!!! Even tho by nature, I'm a HUGE "Stevie" fan, I do have to say that Linds really shined thru more so this time then Stevie. However, she rocked on her songs! We were able to deliver my other Yahoo group's quilt to Stevie - with all of our Member's pictures on it, and we got to be good friend's with our Venue's Head Security man- Mark! LOL.. He let us know that he took our quilt back to the Tour Manager, who went nuts over it, and thought it was really cool, and then went and handed it right to Stevie! I haven't heard anything back yet, as I put my cell phone, home phone, home address, e-mail, and even had our seat numbers on there, but nothing yet. LOL.. Hopefully will hear something back, but if not, it was HUGE just knowing she got it! I'll be posting some pictures as well.. As all in all they ROCKED the house! I heard that they nearly filled the house, with 13,000 attending, so that was GREAT to know!

Old 05-04-2009, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Hey Livia!!

WOW.. those pictures were AWESOME!! I'm SOOO sorry we missed you too! It was nuts that night, and for some stupid reason, I couldn't seem to get a signal on my phone. I had a couple of friend's try to call in- and got cut off after like 3 words into the conversation, and I couldn't seem to get a signal to make calls out, and that sucked!
How cool that Linds gave you a pick!!! That was SOOOOO cool! I thought I saw someone throw a pick out to the audience at one point, which I thought was SOOOOOO cool!
It sounds like you had a GREAT time! My friend Misty was also on the 3rd row, in between Linds and Stevie, and come time to go up front, she couldn't do it as she was "pinned in" LOL.. She also handed me her extra 5th row seat- God Bless her- and "Thank you Misty- you're a doll for always doing wonderful things for me- " But we had a "Nazi" woman security guard in our area, who wouldn't let people come or go, and before the show went up and down the aisle letting everyone know.. "NO cameras, cell phones, or videoing".. that part sucked.. At least after the lights went down, I started taking tons of pics, which I'll post, and I did manage to get a partial video clip of Rhiannon, until another Nazi guy came up to me and said.. "No videoing".. WTF? Everyone else who was standing at the stage was videoing the entire show, but yet, I couldn't get more than a minute and a half clip in??? Sheesh.. Anyway, other than that we had a BLAST, and I was SOOOOOO sorry that I didn't get to meet up with you guys.. Hopefully next time..

Hugs and love,

Arlene

Old 05-04-2009, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's GDW from Houston. The video sucks, but the audio is just fine!
Love how she's dragging out "up for saaaale" now (starting at 3:43)

Whoever put that video up has several more from the Houston show, just look at the rest of their videos on the right.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Pictures from Houston show 5-2-2009

Hey everyone.. Just wanting to share some pictures with you.. Enjoy!

Hugs,

Arlene

Old 05-04-2009, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is an excerpt about the Houston show that writer Gwendolyn Zepeda wrote on her blog, May 3, 2009:

http://www.gwenworld.com/labels/reminiscing.html

So... I sat in the Toyota Center with hundreds of other people -- all chilled out and seated, mercifully, because we're all getting too old to jump around -- and I thought about this stuff. And I knew that the people behind me were more likely remembering actual kissing that they themselves performed to those cassette tapes, since they were a little older. Same with the people in front of us. Lindsey sang that song, and three women near by jumped up and screamed and danced like they must have danced as teenagers, and I knew that those words about the tall grass had had a striking effect on them, too. In a way I felt embarrassed that when the band announced a song name, I usually didn't know which song they meant until they started playing, because I was so young back then and I just listened to the tapes all the way through, without picking favorites or even looking at their titles, like you do when it's an album you've always known and loved. But then I relaxed and realized it was okay not to know the song names.

I sat there looking all around at the hundreds of people, knowing that they all had special memories that went with these songs. Lindsey and Stevie stood on stage and told us their own memories, too. And it was -- you know -- magical and stuff.