The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-01-2017, 05:41 AM

Default I tried to embed 4 times for ****'s sake but both Instagram and Tumblr don't want to.

Christine on the new issue of Harper's Bazaar:

Old 05-02-2017, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Harper's Bazaar photo is gorgeous!!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2017, 07:53 AM

That is beautiful!
Old 05-06-2017, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is the most beautiful photo I've seen of Christine yet this year! Gorgeous!
Old 05-07-2017, 07:19 AM

Default Nice review of the Go Your Own Way stage play

Theatre | Following a songbird | Ken Longworth

IT is appropriate that Catherine Alcorn’s Go Your Own Way, a touring show looking at the life and songs of Fleetwood Mac rock band member Christine McVie, is being staged at Cessnock Performing Arts Centre.

McVie, who was a vocalist, keyboard player and songwriter with Fleetwood Mac from 1970 until 1998, came out of retirement in 2014 to join other legendary members of the band in a global tour that included two sold-out shows at nearby Pokolbin’s Hope Estate in November, 2015.

Ironically, when Alcorn first staged Go Your Own Way at the Adelaide Cabaret Festival in 2013, Christine McVie was repeatedly rejecting offers to return to performing and touring.

Alcorn and the show’s writer, Diana Simmonds, have regularly got together to update it for capital city seasons and tours. What began as a 60-minute cabaret-style show is now a moving 80-minute musical that shows how the things that happened in McVie’s life affected the songs she wrote and performed. Catherine Alcorn is joined in delivering the songs by band members and background vocalists.

Alcorn first showed her talents for putting together and presenting shows about well-known performers with The Divine Miss Bette, in which she stepped into Bette Middler’s shoes. It played to a sold-out audience at Cessnock last year.

Go Your Own Way: A Tribute to Christine McVie can be seen at Cessnock Performing Arts Centre on Thursday, May 11, at 7.30pm. Tickets, $45 to $55, can be bought from the theatre box office, 4993 4266.

The show includes many of Fleetwood Mac’s biggest hits, most of which were written or co-written by McVie. Her songs include Over My Head, Say You Love Me, You Make Loving Fun, Don’t Stop, Little Lies, As Long as You Follow and Songbird. The show’s title number is by Lindsey Buckingham.

In her initial years with Fleetwood Mac, Christine McVie was often overshadowed by a more colourful female member, Stevie Nicks, even though many of her songs were among the group’s best-sellers. It was often her relationships that made news stories. Originally a member of the band Chicken Shack, she joined Fleetwood Mac after marrying its bass guitarist John McVie in 1968. The couple divorced in 1976, and she subsequently became engaged to Dennis Wilson of the Beach Boys, but they broke up before his death. Her second marriage, to keyboardist Eddy Quintella, likewise ended in divorce. It’s hardly surprising that her best-selling songs, including Got a Hold on Me and Love Will Show Us How, reflected what was happening in her life. Now aged 73, she and Lindsey Buckingham have a new album that will be released this year.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/46...ng-a-songbird/
Old 05-07-2017, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Christine on the new issue of Harper's Bazaar:

thanks so much for sharing, glad to see Christine gracing the cover! is there an article that goes with the cover that anyone has access to?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-07-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
thanks so much for sharing, glad to see Christine gracing the cover! is there an article that goes with the cover that anyone has access to?
Apparently the cover features Kendall Jenner, probably Christine has an interview article in the music section:

However I couldn't find anything, I guess we have to wait.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Apparently the cover features Kendall Jenner, probably Christine has an interview article in the music section:

However I couldn't find anything, I guess we have to wait.
thanks! it's weird, i couldn't find that instagram post anymore on @johnrussophoto.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-07-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
thanks! it's weird, i couldn't find that instagram post anymore on @johnrussophoto.
That's strange, I also can't see it anymore, I think it may have been canceled or delayed?!

However trying to research I saw that further back John Russo has the picture of the cover for the Buckingham McVie album for which he was the photographer, and the clothes that Christine wears above look pretty similar to those she wore for some of the other pictures for that same shoot, so it's likely they're from the same photography session.
It's possible that Harper's Bazaar just wanted them for an upcoming article or interview meant for the May issue but that for some reason couldn't be included at last (Christine canceled or postponed an interview? An article wasn't ready for the deadline for the May release?).

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 05-07-2017 at 05:12 PM.. Reason: Grammar
Old 05-07-2017, 05:59 PM
Ledgie

I read it. It's a tiny article (literally a couple of sentences) nothing about the album. It just states that her flat in London has a garden on the terrace and that Stevie used to call her mother earth. It's in a gardening segment
Old 05-07-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliefw View Post
I read it. It's a tiny article (literally a couple of sentences) nothing about the album. It just states that her flat in London has a garden on the terrace and that Stevie used to call her mother earth.
Thanks. Who knows then why the Instagram post was deleted.
Quote:
It's in a gardening segment
What the?