The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 02-15-2019, 04:47 AM
AncientQueen AncientQueen is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 579
Default

Why would she even care? The fans still love her. The FM tour sells well, reviewers still love her, too.
Maybe she angered a few people, but for the overwhelming majority, she remains the face and the voice of FM.

The anti-Stevie thing that happens on this board has nothing to do with reality. I mean, how many people are still posting here? 6 or 8? Everyone else has moved on, while here, posters are still writing the - frankly - lousy round-robin fanfiction of Lindseys innocence and Stevies cruelness.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-15-2019, 06:34 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 2,760
Default

I disagree with the premise Stevie has lost fans. Her fans are flocking to the Mac shows and selling the concerts out. She could do a solo tour after this Mac tour and bring in the same numbers as the Mac.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-15-2019, 10:12 AM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 2,092
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I disagree with the premise Stevie has lost fans. Her fans are flocking to the Mac shows and selling the concerts out. She could do a solo tour after this Mac tour and bring in the same numbers as the Mac.
They're not selling out concerts. They added a second MSG six months after tours dates were announced. They have only 4 dates in Europe and they did extremely well in AUS/NZ because of Neil Finn, not because of her.
This tour will only last less than a year when it usually lasts two.

And she could only do the same numbers as the Mac if she brings The Pretenders or any other band with her. She couldn't fill an arena alone. Not everybody go to their concerts because of her.
__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-15-2019, 11:27 AM
singertobe singertobe is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes. i read on twitter some young person saying - Billie Eilish is our generation's Stevie Nicks.

i'm reading that and thinking - how sad that's the general impression out there among teenagers. Billie Eilish certainly appears so much more talented, at way younger age, plus less self-centered, more aware and grounded than Nicks.

one thing that is somewhat similar maybe - like SN, BE has her image and is sticking to it. but hers is not based on sex appeal.
When Taylor Swift first came out I thought she was the new Stevie Nicks. She still reminds me of her in a lot of ways, but her first 3 albums were SO Stevie.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-15-2019, 01:35 PM
lovethemac1's Avatar
lovethemac1 lovethemac1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: center of Canada
Posts: 735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Why would she even care? The fans still love her. The FM tour sells well, reviewers still love her, too.
Maybe she angered a few people, but for the overwhelming majority, she remains the face and the voice of FM.

The anti-Stevie thing that happens on this board has nothing to do with reality. I mean, how many people are still posting here? 6 or 8? Everyone else has moved on, while here, posters are still writing the - frankly - lousy round-robin fanfiction of Lindseys innocence and Stevies cruelness.
They are coming to my city in April, tickets have been on sale since beg of Dec.

75% unsold tickets on the floor,
60% unsold tickets elsewhere.

Last time they were here, sold out ENTIRE facility in less than 4 hours.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-15-2019, 02:07 PM
cbBen cbBen is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
They are coming to my city in April, tickets have been on sale since beg of Dec.

75% unsold tickets on the floor,
60% unsold tickets elsewhere.

Last time they were here, sold out ENTIRE facility in less than 4 hours.
Music to my ears.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-15-2019, 04:43 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,326
Default

The only fans she's lost are some of the more devoted FM fans. Her solo fans are hardcore and the rest are casual fans who don't care. Besides, Stevie lives in a bubble.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-15-2019, 04:56 PM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
When Taylor Swift first came out I thought she was the new Stevie Nicks. She still reminds me of her in a lot of ways, but her first 3 albums were SO Stevie.
Because she was writing songs about all of her ex boyfriends?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-15-2019, 05:01 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes. i read on twitter some young person saying - Billie Eilish is our generation's Stevie Nicks.

i'm reading that and thinking - how sad that's the general impression out there among teenagers. Billie Eilish certainly appears so much more talented, at way younger age, plus less self-centered, more aware and grounded than Nicks.

one thing that is somewhat similar maybe - like SN, BE has her image and is sticking to it. but hers is not based on sex appeal.
I've never heard of Billie Eilish in my life lol so I wouldn't say that. But based off a quick Google search, she's 17 first of all. Also lol at the idea of downplaying Stevie's talent. Stevie's batty but she doesn't lack talent. You don't need to be a professional musician to be talented. She wrote songs like nobody's business.

Last edited by dreamsunwind; 02-15-2019 at 05:04 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-15-2019, 05:04 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
When Taylor Swift first came out I thought she was the new Stevie Nicks. She still reminds me of her in a lot of ways, but her first 3 albums were SO Stevie.
Taylor Swift is like if Stevie and Shania Twain had a kid in the form of a 21st century pop star. But she became popular in the way she did because she didn't emulate others too much, just did her own thing and it became huge. Anyone who tries too hard to be a 'new' Stevie or new anyone for that matter will never reach that level of success because it comes across as unoriginal.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-15-2019, 05:20 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 2,760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
They're not selling out concerts. They added a second MSG six months after tours dates were announced. They have only 4 dates in Europe and they did extremely well in AUS/NZ because of Neil Finn, not because of her.
This tour will only last less than a year when it usually lasts two.

And she could only do the same numbers as the Mac if she brings The Pretenders or any other band with her. She couldn't fill an arena alone. Not everybody go to their concerts because of her.
The tour is currently grossing well over a million dollars every night and ranked #13 for most grossing tour. That is wildly successful. Even more successful that I anticipated. During Stevie's last solo tour, she was grossing about the same. You are fooling yourself. The Pretenders play in small clubs and theaters and they cant fill them. 96% of the arenas are there for Stevie. Don't take my word for it, take Chrissie Hynde's word for it. She said it and toured with Stevie.
I know many don't like Stevie but you cant deny her star power to fill arenas. That is the power she has in Fleetwood Mac and she knows it. Only someone like her could put down such an ultimatum and the rest of the band kick out their guitarist and vocalist.

I have been seeing Mac shows since the 80's and Stevie is the draw. This forum is not the standard for the casual concert fans. I waited in line for Tango tickets in the early morning in 1987 only to hear the people in line say no one wants to see Christine or cares about her. In 1984 Christine had a hit solo album with mega mac hits under her belt and drew about 200 people to a small theater. Buck/McVie played small theaters and could not fill most of them. Just because you don't like the fact does not mean its true. People can post all kinds of phony numbers but the money made off this tour is HUGE. Expect to see it extended.
If Stevie was not on this tour and Lindsey was, the group would be grossing far less. This is the only reason the band picked Stevie over Lindsey.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-15-2019 at 05:23 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-15-2019, 06:04 PM
luminol luminol is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The tour is currently grossing well over a million dollars every night and ranked #13 for most grossing tour. That is wildly successful. Even more successful that I anticipated. During Stevie's last solo tour, she was grossing about the same. You are fooling yourself. The Pretenders play in small clubs and theaters and they cant fill them. 96% of the arenas are there for Stevie. Don't take my word for it, take Chrissie Hynde's word for it. She said it and toured with Stevie.
I know many don't like Stevie but you cant deny her star power to fill arenas. That is the power she has in Fleetwood Mac and she knows it. Only someone like her could put down such an ultimatum and the rest of the band kick out their guitarist and vocalist.

I have been seeing Mac shows since the 80's and Stevie is the draw. This forum is not the standard for the casual concert fans. I waited in line for Tango tickets in the early morning in 1987 only to hear the people in line say no one wants to see Christine or cares about her. In 1984 Christine had a hit solo album with mega mac hits under her belt and drew about 200 people to a small theater. Buck/McVie played small theaters and could not fill most of them. Just because you don't like the fact does not mean its true. People can post all kinds of phony numbers but the money made off this tour is HUGE. Expect to see it extended.
If Stevie was not on this tour and Lindsey was, the group would be grossing far less. This is the only reason the band picked Stevie over Lindsey.
Ditto to all of this. Not to say I like it... but I agree.

To so many people (most of the people buying tickets to this tour), Fleetwood Mac = Stevie Nicks. No other factor matters to them. Not fair, but true.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-15-2019, 06:37 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 2,092
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The tour is currently grossing well over a million dollars every night and ranked #13 for most grossing tour. That is wildly successful. Even more successful that I anticipated. During Stevie's last solo tour, she was grossing about the same. You are fooling yourself. The Pretenders play in small clubs and theaters and they cant fill them. 96% of the arenas are there for Stevie. Don't take my word for it, take Chrissie Hynde's word for it. She said it and toured with Stevie.
I know many don't like Stevie but you cant deny her star power to fill arenas. That is the power she has in Fleetwood Mac and she knows it. Only someone like her could put down such an ultimatum and the rest of the band kick out their guitarist and vocalist.

I have been seeing Mac shows since the 80's and Stevie is the draw. This forum is not the standard for the casual concert fans. I waited in line for Tango tickets in the early morning in 1987 only to hear the people in line say no one wants to see Christine or cares about her. In 1984 Christine had a hit solo album with mega mac hits under her belt and drew about 200 people to a small theater. Buck/McVie played small theaters and could not fill most of them. Just because you don't like the fact does not mean its true. People can post all kinds of phony numbers but the money made off this tour is HUGE. Expect to see it extended.
If Stevie was not on this tour and Lindsey was, the group would be grossing far less. This is the only reason the band picked Stevie over Lindsey.
You clearly didn't read my post because all you had in mind was: Stevie, Stevie, Stevie!

What I said was:

1. They're not selling out concerts. People have been upgraded since the first tour date.
2. They needed six months to add a second MSG. Which means fans are not THAT interested in seeing them. Just the casual audience.
3. Tour in Europe: 4 dates. They usually do more than that
4. AUS/NZ is selling more than well, because of Neil Finn, not because of Stevie. They never had so many dates in that area. And that's not because of Stevie.

I never said the tour is not successful. That's why they voted for Stevie instead of Lindsey. I know that, I'm not that naïve.
And I don't know what you mean by phony numbers. I can say the same about your numbers, but I choose not to. 96%? Where did you get that number?
This tour won't extend. Their last stop is always AUS/NZ. Less than a year.

I'm aware of Stevie's power. We all are.
__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-15-2019, 06:41 PM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The tour is currently grossing well over a million dollars every night and ranked #13 for most grossing tour. That is wildly successful. Even more successful that I anticipated. During Stevie's last solo tour, she was grossing about the same. You are fooling yourself. The Pretenders play in small clubs and theaters and they cant fill them. 96% of the arenas are there for Stevie. Don't take my word for it, take Chrissie Hynde's word for it. She said it and toured with Stevie.
I know many don't like Stevie but you cant deny her star power to fill arenas. That is the power she has in Fleetwood Mac and she knows it. Only someone like her could put down such an ultimatum and the rest of the band kick out their guitarist and vocalist.

I have been seeing Mac shows since the 80's and Stevie is the draw. This forum is not the standard for the casual concert fans. I waited in line for Tango tickets in the early morning in 1987 only to hear the people in line say no one wants to see Christine or cares about her. In 1984 Christine had a hit solo album with mega mac hits under her belt and drew about 200 people to a small theater. Buck/McVie played small theaters and could not fill most of them. Just because you don't like the fact does not mean its true. People can post all kinds of phony numbers but the money made off this tour is HUGE. Expect to see it extended.
If Stevie was not on this tour and Lindsey was, the group would be grossing far less. This is the only reason the band picked Stevie over Lindsey.
You clearly don’t understand how vocal her ex fans can be. All they need to do is spread the word about all Stevie’s shenanigans. What comes up, must come down.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-15-2019, 07:33 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 2,760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
You clearly didn't read my post because all you had in mind was: Stevie, Stevie, Stevie!

What I said was:

1. They're not selling out concerts. People have been upgraded since the first tour date.
2. They needed six months to add a second MSG. Which means fans are not THAT interested in seeing them. Just the casual audience.
3. Tour in Europe: 4 dates. They usually do more than that
4. AUS/NZ is selling more than well, because of Neil Finn, not because of Stevie. They never had so many dates in that area. And that's not because of Stevie.

I never said the tour is not successful. That's why they voted for Stevie instead of Lindsey. I know that, I'm not that naïve.
And I don't know what you mean by phony numbers. I can say the same about your numbers, but I choose not to. 96%? Where did you get that number?
This tour won't extend. Their last stop is always AUS/NZ. Less than a year.

I'm aware of Stevie's power. We all are.
And you clearly did not read my post. You allege the tour is not successful in your constant statements. Its all rubbish. Then you try to walk back your words over and over. If an artist sells out MSG for 2 shows, does it really matter if it took 6 months? IMHO not really. Is this the hottest tour of all time? Of course not. But you want to wiggle out of your baseless allegations somehow the tour is not successful with lame statements. Yes, your exact words are not the tour is not successful. However, you make many statements with the allegation that claims the tour is not successful. Also false that Stevie cant fill an arena. I was a disbeliever too and went on the record here when the 24K Gold tour started. However, the tour was her most successful with being extended 3 times. Maybe you have had too much Argentine Malbec
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-15-2019 at 07:42 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Disney Auctions Elisabete Gomes Tinker Bell Green Square Pin LE 100 Peter Pan
$674.99
Disney Auctions Elisabete Gomes Tinker Bell Green Square Pin LE 100 Peter Pan pictureLLADRO DISNEY PETER PAN BRAND NEW IN BOX #9328 LARGE GREEN COAT SAVE$ F/SH
$589.98
LLADRO DISNEY PETER PAN BRAND NEW IN BOX #9328 LARGE GREEN COAT SAVE$ F/SH pictureSDCC 2019 Funko Pop Toy Tokyo Ultraman Peter Pez Rat Fink Green Hornet Kato
$499.99
SDCC 2019 Funko Pop Toy Tokyo Ultraman Peter Pez Rat Fink Green Hornet Kato pictureSwarovski Crystal decor Peter pan star RARE 1077772 disney retired green rock
$425.75
Swarovski Crystal decor Peter pan star RARE 1077772 disney retired green rock  picture2017 Topps Star Wars: Stellar Signatures Green 16/20 Peter Mayhew as Auto 2r5
$399.95
2017 Topps Star Wars: Stellar Signatures Green 16/20 Peter Mayhew as Auto 2r5 picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved