Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-13-2003, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy PGSG official site

So, what's up with the official PGSG site? It hasn't been updated since March. No mention of the new live DVD release, no mention of upcoming gigs or if they're in the studio working on new material...nothin'.

I'm disappointed. When the site started up, there was this big promise of keeping things current, blah, blah, blah.
Old 08-13-2003, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Yeah I know really tell me about it, I remember the "official PG site" (before the launch of the PGSG site) being kinda the same way.

Whatever, I guess we'll just have to get used to it being that way with official sites.

I did think it was odd that they kept the same TT logos throughout. Wouldn't it have made sense for them to relaunch the site with RTC100 logos to help promote that (when "...cold 100" was released)? That woulda made too much sense I guess.

John
Old 08-14-2003, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Oh cute, they've added the DVD news to the PGS site NOW (along with the promise of staying on top of all things Green etc.). Hmm, now where was it we have heard this before and how did it turn out again? Never mind.

John
Old 08-18-2003, 07:17 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by wetcamelfood
Yeah I know really tell me about it, I remember the "official PG site" (before the launch of the PGSG site) being kinda the same way.

Whatever, I guess we'll just have to get used to it being that way with official sites.

I did think it was odd that they kept the same TT logos throughout. Wouldn't it have made sense for them to relaunch the site with RTC100 logos to help promote that (when "...cold 100" was released)? That woulda made too much sense I guess.

John
A further source of information on the web beside the official PGSG site is also the site of their production company Transmedia742 (www.transmedia742.net). There is some information about 3 festival gigs they did this summer which is not on the official site. Also they indicate a successor for the "Blues don't change" CD!

By e mail I got a note from Transmedia that the release date of the DVD will be August 22nd (?????). We will see soon...

I am looking forward to get the DVD as I was able to attend one show of this tour in spring. Unfortunately it was without the accoustic set as they were on the same bill as Canned Heat and John Mayall. The first 2 numbers were a bit "rough" (they might have missed the accoustic part as a warm up) but it soon got better and really fantastic towards the end. So I can hardly wait to se the complete show on the DVD!

Roland
Old 08-18-2003, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Thanks Roland.

What's this about a successor to "Blues don't change"? I'm not sure I understand that one.

Transmedia now list SEPTEMBER 22 as the DVD release date it looks like.

That "Soho live" disc looks diffeent to the "Soho sessions" 2 CD set I have. Does anyone know if this is just a repackage of "Soho sessions" or what?

John
Old 08-19-2003, 01:45 AM
Ledgie

This interesting sentence is in the "News" section of the Transmedia site: "There are also whispers of a follow up CD to the incredibly successful " Blues Don't Change "...again, we'll keep you posted...."

For me this sounds like a new CD with blues covers available only at the web site and at gigs, like "Blues don't change". I am not sure if this is such a good idea. For me PGSG is most enjoyable with their mix of original songs, blues classics and Mac classics. So for me "Cold 100" lacked a bit of diversity.

The "Soho live" is the same as "Soho Sessions" minus one track (Indians). Snapper released that after the limited edition "Soho Sessions" was sold out. Nothing new on it.

Roland
Old 08-19-2003, 05:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Thanks again.

Hmm, that is an interesting sentence. I agree with you though that I also prefer the more mixed PGSG discs but whatever, I'll have to keep an eye on this to make sure I/we can get it there should they release another one only for sale there.

Just one more thing about "Soho...": Is the version they list there the full 2 CD's? I always have the fear that if my "Soho sessions" CD breaks or something that it would be easy to replace it with this version they list but of course, this new version would only be of interest to me if it has all of the tracks that were on the 2 CD "Soho sessions" set. So do you (or does anyone) know if this new "Soho" one they have listed there includes all of the recordings that the "Soho sessions" 2 CD set had?

John
Old 08-19-2003, 05:56 AM
Ledgie

Yes John, I have this version of "Soho..." (unfortunately not the original version you have). I checked the track listing. As I wrote above from Disk 1 Nigel's song "Indians" is missing and from Disk 2 "Terraplane Blues" is also missing. The rest of the content is identical.

Roland
Old 08-19-2003, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Thanks very much Roland, I'll know to take extra special care to my "Soho sessions" CD then from now on.

John
Old 08-20-2003, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: PGSG official site

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
So, what's up with the official PGSG site? It hasn't been updated since March. No mention of the new live DVD release, no mention of upcoming gigs or if they're in the studio working on new material...nothin'.

I'm disappointed. When the site started up, there was this big promise of keeping things current, blah, blah, blah.
Bummer about the site. Maybe the guy who runs the Bob Weston site (& who posts periodically on amfm) would want to run the official site, if asked.