Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Fleetwood Mac - What The World Needs Now

Where is this song??
Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
That is fritz
You have it on the list twice, once credited to Fritz and once credited to Fleetwood Mac.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixgypsy View Post
I wish Christine's "I Can't Help Falling In Love" would be released on cd someday...I have it from vinyl..but not the best copy.
Yes! Christine's cover of that song is so sweet. It's essentially a Fleetwood Mac song -- I recall that most of the musicians (and associates) in the band. In that regard it's similar to 'Roll With Me Henry. I love those versions.

Christine does justice to the songs she covers, and she makes them her own.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixgypsy View Post
I never understood why Stevie covered Dave Matthews' "Crash into Me" for Soundstage. I, personally, didn't think this fit Stevie. I wish Christine's "I Can't Help Falling In Love" would be released on cd someday...I have it from vinyl..but not the best copy.
Power,power,power!She told someone she liked the tune and would love to do it and the person said "you can't-it's a guy song"(paraphrasing).So then she was on a mission-she HAD to do it just to say"the f**k I can't-watch me!"I actually never liked the song until I heard her version.I think it's awesome.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:32 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
Power,power,power!She told someone she liked the tune and would love to do it and the person said "you can't-it's a guy song"(paraphrasing).So then she was on a mission-she HAD to do it just to say"the f**k I can't-watch me!"I actually never liked the song until I heard her version.I think it's awesome.
I agree. I never liked DMB, but love that song after she did it for SS.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She was originally supposed to do it with Dave Matthews, but when he had to cancel she decided she could do it alone.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes it is! I adore her version of that song, and her soundstage performance is out of this world. It is a really unusual choice for her, but she does it so well - its bewitching!! Its great to hear/see her do something completely different. Interesting to hear a bit of background info as to how it came about.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:05 AM

8 of the best Fleetwood Mac cover versions, from Eva Cassidy to Lissie

Fleetwood Mac are one of the most fascinating groups of all time.

They've had about 3,258 different eras and lineup changes over the years, but at the heart of it all, they've always released incredible music.

This has obviously led to countless artists recording their own takes on their favourite Mac tracks. Here are just a few of our favourites...

1. The Corrs - 'Dreams'

This Stevie Nicks-penned track from Rumours became a big hit for Irish family group The Corrs in 1999.

The siblings put their own Celtic twang on the song, and it peaked at number six in the UK chart.

2. Florence + the Machine - 'The Chain'

How can you cover 'The Chain'?!, you ask. Quite a number of artists have tried to put their own spin on the epic rock classic.

Our favourite has to be this live version at Glastonbury Festival in 2010 - the perfect tune for a summer's day in mud.

3. Paramore - 'Everywhere'

Pop punk band Paramore started playing this 1980s pop classic during their live sets in 2017, and who can blame them?

The feel good track suits the Hayley Williams-fronted band's sound perfectly.

4. Dixie Chicks - 'Landslide'

Another heartbreaking ballad by Stevie Nicks, country trio Dixie Chicks scored a huge hit with their cover in 2002.

Reaching the top 10 in the States, lead singer Natalie Maines said she was attracted to the song as she was then the same age that Nicks was when she initially performed it.

5. Elton John - 'Don't Stop'

One of the most famous tracks on Rumours, it's always going to be hard to live up to such an anthem.

But Elton gave it a good go in 1998 with a funky version for the Fleetwood Mac tribute album Legacy.

6. Eva Cassidy - 'Songbird'

Arguably the most famous Fleetwood Mac cover version of all time, this is a truly beautiful song that might even have bettered the original!

Eva's version was released in 1998 on her posthumous album of the same name. Despite being released two years after her death, the album went on to reach number 1 in the UK in 2001. Her version can also be heard in Love Actually.

7. Lissie - 'Go Your Own Way'

Many people have noticed the similarities between American singer Lissie's voice with Stevie Nicks, and some of her own songs have a certain Fleetwood Mac quality about them.

She must have heard this a lot, as she recorded her own version of 'Go Your Own Way', and it's brilliant.

8. Goo Goo Dolls - 'I Don't Want to Know'

This was another track from the tribute album Legacy in 1998, recorded by American rock band Goo Goo Dolls.

The band totally transformed the folk-rock ditty into a fully fledged 1990s indie rock anthem, and it works perfectly.

http://www.smoothradio.com/features/...od-mac-covers/
Old 03-25-2018, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Songbird as played by John Frusciante from RHCP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq0kzuvf_Z0

Strangely he sounds rather like Christine when you close your eyes.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 03-26-2018, 10:10 AM
Junior Ledgie

Mick Fleetwood's Zoo - Angel Come Home
Old 03-26-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hausermd View Post
I love that song.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hausermd View Post
I love that song and particularly love the video too.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood