User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I don't read any conditions in your post, Elle besides "info swirling on fb". It reads as stating fact (about the solo tour).
for the 2nd time on these boards today, i will defend my ways of expression with the fact that english is not my first language - so i may be wrong in believing that "seems" would imply something that may be happening, but not for sure.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
for the 2nd time on these boards today, i will defend my ways of expression with the fact that english is not my first language - so i may be wrong in believing that "seems" would imply something that may be happening, but not for sure.

Seems: to give the impression of being.

Unconfirmed at the very least would have been a better choice of words.

And, it would have been great to have added fan speculation, no official announcement has been made and wishful thinking to the descriptives...
Old 03-11-2012, 04:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
I guess I'm in the minority here...

I think a portion of his set dedicated to acoustics is fine, but I definitely need some rock and roll in there. I can't imagine a LB solo show without a rocking 'Tusk' and 'Go Your Own Way.' Also, this means TTWLG will be toned down, if he plays it at all.
yes, personally i loved the way SWS tour was set up, and i also generally have a preference for more rocking stuff. in LB's specific case i also love to watch the intra-band interactions, they all seem to be so tight.

but - i know many many people who after seeing a SWS show said "i wish he did the whole set just him and his guitar, that was mind-blowing"!!

and - listening to him doing 3 songs alone at 92Y was unbelievable experience.

That's The Way Love Goes was the first song i thought of when i heard there might be a possibility of the all-acoustic set - because i so want to hear that song again live, and figured it will not happen if he does the acoustic set, alone. but he is exchanging guitars all the time anyway, maybe he can mix some songs on acoustic and others on electric guitar? what we've heard of that USC pop forum where he did his acoustic songs on his old beat up electric guitar sounded so good! so maybe he can somehow rework TTWLG to make it fit just man+guitar mode? as Lindsfan said so well, it is unbelievable what he can do when reworking a song! although i'd like TTWLG to stay electric, and stay rocking!

another plus to just LB and the guitar set is that it will have to be a very different setlist than last year! even if somehow he'd decide to do the exact same setlist it would be completely different without the band - as somebody already mentioned. so it will be definitely worth seeing him again. i can think of several artists who have done one tour completely rocking with the band, and then next one completely toned down, acoustic. so that is not completely off-the-wall and is a very interesting approach, as iamnotafraid also mentioned in his post. and LB is definitely the right artist to do it.

if he will really be doing this, i'm sure it will be unbelievable treat for everybody who will manage to see him. and i really really hope he has some east coast dates and among them at least one (but hopefully more!) that i can and will try my hardest to make.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

if he will really be doing this, i'm sure it will be unbelievable treat for everybody who will manage to see him. and i really really hope he has some east coast dates and among them at least one (but hopefully more!) that i can and will try my hardest to make.
I would hope so too. I would really love to see that. I prefer LB solo with just his guitar.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
I guess I'm in the minority here...

I think a portion of his set dedicated to acoustics is fine, but I definitely need some rock and roll in there. I can't imagine a LB solo show without a rocking 'Tusk' and 'Go Your Own Way.' Also, this means TTWLG will be toned down, if he plays it at all.

Sure, there are lots of songs I'd love to hear acoustically, but I definitely prefer him with his band.
You know I sort of feel the same. I love his band but Lindsey could totally rework Tusk and GYOW into an acoustic set. Not sure how it would sound but it will be interesting for sure.
As luck would have it I am going to be in SoCal on May 5th so I will be at the Coach House show. If he plays anywhere on May 8th I am sure to be there too.

With just an acoustic set this opens up Lindsey to be able to play smaller more intimate venues. Places with like 200-500 seats would be perfect.
I am still hoping for a Rhode Island show. I was originally thinking of Park Theatre in Cranston but that might be too big. Greenwich Odeum in East Greenwich is going to be opening in April so that might a good choice. There is a club in Coventry that books old hair bands and some local blues bands. Might work but unlikely.

Then there is a place in Fall River, MA called the Narrows Center for the Arts. They have been getting some big names recently. To be honest with southeastern New England being a market he has not played EVER I don't see why he couldn't play both venues in East Greenwich, RI and Fall River, MA.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
You know I sort of feel the same. I love his band but Lindsey could totally rework Tusk and GYOW into an acoustic set. Not sure how it would sound but it will be interesting for sure.
As luck would have it I am going to be in SoCal on May 5th so I will be at the Coach House show. If he plays anywhere on May 8th I am sure to be there too.

With just an acoustic set this opens up Lindsey to be able to play smaller more intimate venues. Places with like 200-500 seats would be perfect.
I am still hoping for a Rhode Island show. I was originally thinking of Park Theatre in Cranston but that might be too big. Greenwich Odeum in East Greenwich is going to be opening in April so that might a good choice. There is a club in Coventry that books old hair bands and some local blues bands. Might work but unlikely.

Then there is a place in Fall River, MA called the Narrows Center for the Arts. They have been getting some big names recently. To be honest with southeastern New England being a market he has not played EVER I don't see why he couldn't play both venues in East Greenwich, RI and Fall River, MA.
Some girls have all the luck!
Old 03-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
new Fillmore in Silver Spring, just outside of DC, comes to mind. 1000-2000 when all-standing GA, but i've seen it advertised as 300 when all-seated arrangement.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Maybe he will tour

I've wanted to see Lindsey live for quite a while now, but he's never seemed to be close by. I get e-mails from a bar close to where I live which has live entertainment in the summer. Usually the promoter will send out an e-mail about somebody that I've never heard of & ask if I'd be willing to come see him/her for X amount of money. Well, last month I got an e-mail from this person asking if I'd be willing to pay $30 to see LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM in July! Well, I just about fell off my chair after I saw that one. You bet I would I wrote back. But so far, I haven't seen that he's been booked, but I am keeping a close watch on that. This place is VERY small, standing room only, & I'd be very surprised if he came. And if he does come there, the moment tickets go on sale, I am talking off work to going & buying them.

Lee
Old 03-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Well, last month I got an e-mail from this person asking if I'd be willing to pay $30 to see LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM in July! Well, I just about fell off my chair after I saw that one.
Wow, that's like getting a gold ticket to the Willy Wonka factory. How exciting. A hoped for but unexpected surprise. I hope he ends up coming. Michele
Old 03-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Wow, that's like getting a gold ticket to the Willy Wonka factory. How exciting. A hoped for but unexpected surprise. I hope he ends up coming. Michele
Agreed - sounds absolutely amazing. Fingers crossed for you

Old 03-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
if I'd be willing to pay $30 to see LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM in July! Well, I just about fell off my chair after I saw that one.
wow - seems too good to be true; please keep us posted! i don't know where in DE but hey - people commute to DC from DE, we go to DE beaches all the time... so yeah, DE in July - that sounds great!

also, these places - looking at the list of performers, many less known than LB and some doing just acoustic sets - all look like that might work nicely:

World Cafe Live - Wilmington
500 Market St.
Wilmington DE

The Hamilton Live
600 14th Street, N.W.
Washington, DC

Baltimore Sound Stage
124 Market Place
Baltimore MD

Theatre of Living Arts
334 South St.
Philadelphia PA

B.B. King Blues Club & Grill
243 W. 42nd Street
New York NY

and of course, did i mention:

The Fillmore Silver Spring
8656 Colesville Road
Silver Spring MD
Old 03-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would at 9:30 Club in DC to that list, if that's the type of venue we're playing around with. A lot of the bands I listen to run that circuit of General Admission standing room mid-sized clubs, and that's a hot one for them. I'd like to see him at Bowery Ballroom or Irving Plaza here in NYC, if that's the route he's going to go.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post
I would at 9:30 Club in DC to that list, if that's the type of venue we're playing around with. A lot of the bands I listen to run that circuit of General Admission standing room mid-sized clubs, and that's a hot one for them. I'd like to see him at Bowery Ballroom or Irving Plaza here in NYC, if that's the route he's going to go.
yeah... the only thing is, wasn't 9:30 club the place where he had a really bad experience at OOTC tour? i'm not sure, but somebody will probably remember. he seems to just completely skip DC and close-in MD/VA areas on every solo tour since then... edit: actually i'm wrong, he did Falls Church.

another piece of trivia that Lindsfan told me today: that place in SJC is apparently the first place where he ever did a solo gig, back during OOTC times.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yeah... the only thing is, wasn't 9:30 club the place where he had a really bad experience at OOTC tour? i'm not sure, but somebody will probably remember. he seems to just completely skip DC and close-in MD/VA areas on every solo tour since then... edit: actually i'm wrong, he did Falls Church.

another piece of trivia that Lindsfan told me today: that place in SJC is apparently the first place where he ever did a solo gig, back during OOTC times.
He played the Bayou, not the 9:30 Club. I was there! There is a high-quality audience bootleg floating around. I recorded it on my "portable" digital audio recorder (which was kinda cutting edge at the time). It was a phenomenal show, BTW... I was not aware of any kind of bad experience.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
wow - seems too good to be true; please keep us posted! i don't know where in DE but hey - people commute to DC from DE, we go to DE beaches all the time... so yeah, DE in July - that sounds great!

also, these places - looking at the list of performers, many less known than LB and some doing just acoustic sets - all look like that might work nicely:

World Cafe Live - Wilmington
500 Market St.
Wilmington DE

The Hamilton Live
600 14th Street, N.W.
Washington, DC

Baltimore Sound Stage
124 Market Place
Baltimore MD

Theatre of Living Arts
334 South St.
Philadelphia PA