User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Oh. He can do it now but he couldn't do it when it meant preventing the storm that happened before Christmas. I.... I have no words right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
Bee -

We all would have accepted this! Why couldn't he have?

Lindsey -
I am trying not to freak out...this is exactly what we wanted in December! It would have been amazing. Surely this 'solo solo' plan must incorporate the UK and Ireland???? I will be so upset if it doesn't. Obviously I don't begrudge anyone who will get to see him but I will feel disappointed and slighted if us UK/IRL fans are left out yet again.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinmyheart View Post
I am trying not to freak out...this is exactly what we wanted in December! It would have been amazing. Surely this 'solo solo' plan must incorporate the UK and Ireland???? I will be so upset if it doesn't. Obviously I don't begrudge anyone who will get to see him but I will feel disappointed and slighted if us UK/IRL fans are left out yet again.
Poet - I really doubt he would do this now for UK/Ireland/Europe.

But he may still plan to come over with full band later - I am holding Neale to his promise!!!!!
Old 03-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess I'm in the minority here...

I think a portion of his set dedicated to acoustics is fine, but I definitely need some rock and roll in there. I can't imagine a LB solo show without a rocking 'Tusk' and 'Go Your Own Way.' Also, this means TTWLG will be toned down, if he plays it at all.

Sure, there are lots of songs I'd love to hear acoustically, but I definitely prefer him with his band.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Oh. He can do it now but he couldn't do it when it meant preventing the storm that happened before Christmas. I.... I have no words right now.
My sentiments exactly. If this is true then he really should come to the UK with this tour.

Last edited by Dodfather; 03-11-2012 at 05:46 AM..
Old 03-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post

I think a portion of his set dedicated to acoustics is fine, but I definitely need some rock and roll in there. I can't imagine a LB solo show without a rocking 'Tusk' and 'Go Your Own Way.' Also, this means TTWLG will be toned down, if he plays it at all.

Sure, there are lots of songs I'd love to hear acoustically, but I definitely prefer him with his band.
^^^ +1. I enjoy the combination.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Where is the confirmation for this tour?

I mean, one date in CA and then one promoter supposedly trying to book him in NY in June does not an official tour make...

I'd like to see some official information or more dates posted.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess I'm in the minority here...I think a portion of his set dedicated to acoustics is fine, but I definitely need some rock and roll in there. I can't imagine a LB solo show without a rocking 'Tusk' and 'Go Your Own Way.' Also, this means TTWLG will be toned down, if he plays it at all.

No, I don't think you are. I'd prefer the full band, too, but I'm just happy to have him touring again at all. Very happy!!
Old 03-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Me too.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Where is the confirmation for this tour?

I mean, one date in CA and then one promoter supposedly trying to book him in NY in June does not an official tour make...

I'd like to see some official information or more dates posted.
there is no confirmation. each and every one of us can choose to believe whatever we want on whether or not it will be happening and in what form.

all publicly shared info so far includes couple of tweets, a fb convo with upstate NY promoter, date announcement on the website of the venue in SJC, info on Walfredo's fb page that he's touring asia and europe with someone else at this time and unfortunately will not be touring with LB this year (but hopefully next), info about where Neale is in his healing process, and there are people who may have heard what Brett will be doing this summer. that's all.

also, Lindsey Buckingham HQ facebook page is a reliable and timely source of LB info http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lindse...29665067079933.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Seems to be a sign of the times
touring just an artist and his/her
guitar. Some pull it off, others
not so much.

It worked for Shelby Lynne and
Jewel. I imagine Lindsey could
make it work fine.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
there is no confirmation. each and every one of us can choose to believe whatever we want on whether or not it will be happening and in what form.

all publicly shared info so far includes couple of tweets, a fb convo with upstate NY promoter, date announcement on the website of the venue in SJC, info on Walfredo's fb page that he's touring asia and europe with someone else at this time and unfortunately will not be touring with LB this year (but hopefully next), info about where Neale is in his healing process, and there are people who may have heard what Brett will be doing this summer. that's all.

also, Lindsey Buckingham HQ facebook page is a reliable and timely source of LB info http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lindse...29665067079933.
That's what I thought. So, all the excitement is a bit premature. After all, the same source for the fb page has said on this board that there has been no mention of anything happening with LB this year.

One date at a venue that isn't even selling tickets to that show at this time - combined with the fact that the band members are all doing other things does not mean Lindsey is doing a one-man tour this year. Personally, I would love it but I will be surprised if it happens.

Last edited by CADreaming; 03-10-2012 at 09:31 PM..
Old 03-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's what I thought. So, all the excitement is a bit premature. After all, the same source for the fb page has said on this board that there has been no mention of anything happening with LB this year.
are you referring to the post saying there doesn't seem to be any chance of a full-band UK tour this year?

come on, CAD, don't tell me you are averse to some excitement, fun, and speculation?
Old 03-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
are you referring to the post saying there doesn't seem to be any chance of a full-band UK tour this year?
No... Oh -- the Neale get well thread...

Quote:
come on, CAD, don't tell me you are averse to some excitement, fun, and speculation?
No - not at all - as long as it is labeled as "speculation"! You had me believing this was a done deal.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No... Oh -- the Neale get well thread...
is that what you were referring to? that post was in response to someone saying LB is planning a UK tour.

Quote:
No - not at all - as long as it is labeled as "speculation"! You had me believing this was a done deal.
well, i guess it's all in how you want to perceive it. this was my post - note the conditionals in there: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...74&postcount=1
Old 03-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
is that what you were referring to? that post was in response to someone saying LB is planning a UK tour.
If there has been "no plans" then I read that to mean "no plans" -- for any part of the world.

Quote:
well, i guess it's all in how you want to perceive it. this was my post - note the conditionals in there: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...74&postcount=1
I don't read any conditions in your post, Elle besides "info swirling on fb". It reads as stating fact (about the solo tour). Just sayin'... it's all good. Not trying to rain on your parade here - just don't like to get my hopes up for nothing.