User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline79 View Post
Yeah their was the car incident that Christine apparently witnessed as well as a nasty scene in their hotel room where she makes it sound like their bodyguard knew what had happened. She wrote a 300 something page book about almost 7 years of her life, so I am sure their are incidents that were left out. The frustrating part is that know one will probably ever come out and say what did/did not happen because they don't want to get in the middle of it. If what Carol said is true and even if every band member saw the abuse take place they aren't going to betray LB like that, especially when they are still working together.

I can't stand it when people say she is too self obsessed...she is writing a story about her life! How can she not be self obsessed

I also hope that her loving and taking care of Lindsey is true, which I believe is.

Yet another thing we agree on
I'd just like to give you a big and a for your comments!

However, I do respect everyone's opinion and take on things regarding any topic - blimey, if we all agreed on everything there'd be nothing worth discussing and it wouldn't be half the fun!
Old 06-01-2011, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

yeah ok..................but who the hell wants a big ass forehead!!!!? yeah ummmmmmmmm i need to read storms. maybe if i did, i'd understand this transformation better.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
The newer picture looks exactly like an older version of a girl at the preschool I work at! Its so strange...they are identical! But now you have me questioning if that really is Carol. Seeing those pictures side by side you can definitely see a lot of differences. But surgery could account for that I guess. My book didnt come with a jacket. Anyone have that picture to post?
Old 06-01-2011, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Yep. Still don't think it's her. She was super skinny in that video from 2004. Check out her arms in several shots. Stick-skinny. I don't know how much more weight she could have lost. Plus, her forehead is still much bigger in the second shot, her nose is completely different and her teeth are different. Like I said, I'm not trying to change anyone's decision. These are just my observations.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow I guess I really didn't look that hard before...
It's great that you found it. I didn't know it was on Youtube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Thin?? She lost HALF her head! (Maybe that's a good thing...)
So, while going under anesthesia, Carol said she hoped to be in London in her seventies. I wonder if she can plan that trip at the same time that Stevie and Lindsey are recording at the house in Wales.

Michele
Old 06-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
So, while going under anesthesia, Carol said she hoped to be in London in her seventies. I wonder if she can plan that trip at the same time that Stevie and Lindsey are recording at the house in Wales.

Michele
dont say that! Stevie will beat this girl to the ground! CAH maybe slow, but she's not that slow lmao!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumidesigns View Post
yeah ok..................but who the hell wants a big ass forehead!!!!?
Teresa Giudice!

Old 06-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryscutter View Post
wait a minute that almost sounds like concern for poor Lindsey, too bad Carol Ann wasnt there too see it. That reminds me too when she wrote about Lindsey being messed up at the award show and wishing someone would help him. Now we see the footage; there is Stevie stopping him from tripping over his own feet and holding him up
And in the limo Conversations tapes, the band doesn't seem freaked out about how much money they will lose if they have to cancel the shows due to Lindsey's illness. They just say that it would be a miracle if he can make it. Stevie seems wary about anything having to do with spine or back surgery, like she's thinking about possible paralysis -- maybe even a little afraid about the procedure Lindsey has to undergo. Christine asks Mick if she can say that Lindsey has a slight case of epilepsy and Mick says no, she can't. So, Chris was worried about what they were going to tell the press, if they asked, but none of them seemed to be complaining about shows possibly having to be cancelled.

I think Storms was intended to give negative impressions in places and also to absolve Carol in others. For instance, for years before that book came out, the rumor circulated that Christine had come home and found Carol and Dennis together in bed. I think Carol was addresssing that rumor when she said that Dennis lied about having slept with her -- and Lindsey believed her when she said she didn't too. I found that interesting and not particularly credible.

Still, I enjoy some of the small anecdotes immensely. Like when she said that Stevie thought it significant that she and Carol shared the same birthday. Clearly Stevie was implying that Lindsey was attracted to Carol because she possessed some of Stevie's personality traits. Carol deftly pointed out that John Wayne also had the same birthday -- which shut Stevie up entirely. I laughed for 10 minutes straight trying to envision that scene in my head.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 06-01-2011 at 12:16 PM..
Old 06-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
would.pay.money.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
For instance, for years before that book came out, the rumor circulated that Christine had come home and found Carol and Dennis together in bed. I think Carol was addresssing that rumor when she said that Dennis lied about having slept with her -- and Lindsey believed her when she said she didn't too. I found that interesting and not particularly credible.

Still, I enjoy some of the small anecdotes immensely. Like when she said that Stevie thought it significant that she and Carol shared the same birthday. Clearly Stevie was implying that Lindsey was attracted to Carol because she possessed some of Stevie's personality traits. Carol deftly pointed out that John Wayne also had the same birthday -- which shut Stevie up entirely. I laughed for 10 minutes straight trying to envision that scene in my head.

Michele
Priceless! My fav is still Stevie grabbing her by the arm DURING an encore and getting in her face telling her she'll never LET her marry Lindsey. LOL!! That one and the carpet burn -rash Stevie had after she spent hours being "reprimanded" by Lindsey...
Old 06-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Clearly Stevie was implying that Lindsey was attracted to Carol because she possessed some of Stevie's personality traits. Carol deftly pointed out that John Wayne also had the same birthday -- which shut Stevie up entirely. I laughed for 10 minutes straight trying to envision that scene in my head.

Michele
No wonder it shut her up. Only two of those three are STARS. Hint: CAH ain't no John Wayne... or Stevie Nicks.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Priceless! My fav is still Stevie grabbing her by the arm DURING an encore and getting in her face telling her she'll never LET her marry Lindsey. LOL!! That one and the carpet burn -rash Stevie had after she spent hours being "reprimanded" by Lindsey...
My favourite anecdote is definitely the Jagger/Buckingham "bonding" (!) session - I'd pay heaps to have been able to see and overhear that gem
Old 06-01-2011, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
No wonder it shut her up. Only two of those three are STARS. Hint: CAH ain't no John Wayne... or Stevie Nicks.
Yeah, but Carol didn't say it to be snarky (at least not as tod in the book) and it's hilarious to think that Lindsey might also have bad the hots for Duke Wayne too, given the chance.

Michele
Old 06-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiver View Post
I recall her eyes as blue. Looks like she just has those kind of eyes with large pupils that tend to make the rest of the eye look darker than it is.

The actual iris of her eyes look like the same color as Lindsey's in this pic.
Yeah, "stoned" & "bloodshot".
Old 06-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Teresa Giudice!

lmaoooooooooo! u have a point there!