User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
Please don't say that I don't want it online, I want an actual CD!
I will try and be more positive! It better be on an actual CD or I will flip! I just meant that it's hard enough for me to find Stevie's music in stores let alone Lindsey's which is like nowhere.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline79 View Post
I will try and be more positive! It better be on an actual CD or I will flip! I just meant that it's hard enough for me to find Stevie's music in stores let alone Lindsey's which is like nowhere.
I even had a hard time finding Gift Of Screws when it was released. I didn't have the internet at the time, so I had to have my mom (was lives in another state) buy it and mail it to me!
Old 05-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I even had a hard time finding Gift Of Screws when it was released. I didn't have the internet at the time, so I had to have my mom (was lives in another state) buy it and mail it to me!
Oh my gosh, that would be torture!
Old 05-08-2011, 05:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It sure is great being able to source CDs and DVDs through the internet, especially the stuff that's so difficult to find in stores.

My husband had a real hard time finding LB & Little Big Town for me, but the good old internet came up trumps as usual
Old 05-08-2011, 06:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Lindsey's Newest Work !!!

Thanks Lindsey!!! Waiting with anticipation!

McTrouble...nice drawings !!!

Peestie...We are with you !!!

To The Mom's ... Happy Mothers Day!!!
Old 05-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey is very difficult to find in shops, yet Gift Of Screws I managed to borrow from the library years ago before I had a proper copy. Which was VERY strange, them actually having a copy of something he'd done. Especially considering they didn't even have a copy of Rumours O_o. I'm with the camp that don't want to see the album go online, most definitely. I like to have something hard to look at and own, something solid to add to my collection. Not floating files that could easily be lost. I hate that this is the way the music industry is going.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
I'm with the camp that don't want to see the album go online, most definitely. I like to have something hard to look at and own, something solid to add to my collection. Not floating files that could easily be lost. I hate that this is the way the music industry is going.
i don't think we are in any danger of not getting physical CD/DVD version of seeds we sow. and since LB is no longer with WBs, i think we are in no danger of it being held up for next 10+ years like GoS1 was. he has freedom to do whatever he wants now, and i hope he will use it well. he seems to have a number of connections and networking opportunities either through his peers, admirers, charities he supports / is on the board of (isn't he on the same board of some music-related charity as Ryan Murphy of Glee, for example?), or parents whose kids go to the same schools as his, to get this pushed somewhat better than WB has been doing for him. and in any case it can't be much worse than what WB was doing - at least that's how it seems in my world that's completely ignorant on how music world/industry functions.

most indie or DIY bands / musicians do physical copies of CDs, DVDs, box sets, and vinyl too, in many cases. but the only way to get these might be online. and as long as it's available through amazon and itunes, should be fine. just curious, anybody has some idea of the stats on what percentage of music these days is purchased through internet vs in the physical stores?
Old 05-09-2011, 06:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie View Post
Thanks Lindsey!!! Waiting with anticipation!

McTrouble...nice drawings !!!

Peestie...We are with you !!!

To The Mom's ... Happy Mothers Day!!!
Thank you, it's just a hobby and drawing Lindsey makes me happy - however, I am no artist like our Bee !
Old 05-09-2011, 06:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Lindsey is very difficult to find in shops, yet Gift Of Screws I managed to borrow from the library years ago before I had a proper copy. Which was VERY strange, them actually having a copy of something he'd done. Especially considering they didn't even have a copy of Rumours O_o. I'm with the camp that don't want to see the album go online, most definitely. I like to have something hard to look at and own, something solid to add to my collection. Not floating files that could easily be lost. I hate that this is the way the music industry is going.
Me too. I like to put on a CD really loud so I can hear it all around the house, and I love to take out the cover/booklet and read every little detail printed on there!