Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
*fuming out of ears*

I want solo tours. I will be royally pissed if FM tours.
My dream is that Stevie and Lindsey tour in 2011 so I can possibly see them somewhere close, and then in a few years FM tour with a new record. That would complete me
Old 11-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
My dream is that Stevie and Lindsey tour in 2011 so I can possibly see them somewhere close, and then in a few years FM tour with a new record. That would complete me
That's what any sane music group would do. I honestly think it's flat out stupid for them to do another Mac tour with absolutely nothing to promote.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
A few years?!? They are too old to wait that long. If you think Stevie's stiff now...
Old 11-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
A few years?!? They are too old to wait that long. If you think Stevie's stiff now...
I know. I am pretty distraught about this. That's why I told my Mom I AM GOING to see either Stevie or FM in 2011 (whoever tours) before they die.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know. I am pretty distraught about this. That's why I told my Mom I AM GOING to see either Stevie or FM in 2011 (whoever tours) before they die.
She's got a point there.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
That's what any sane music group would do. I honestly think it's flat out stupid for them to do another Mac tour with absolutely nothing to promote.
The next tour - whenever it is won't be without all kinds of promotin' goin' on! Mark my words...
Old 11-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
The next tour - whenever it is won't be without all kinds of promotin' goin' on! Mark my words...
I know... but I just don't want to pay hundreds of dollars to see Unleashed yet again. I want new songs. Also, I've never seen Lindsey solo and I was looking forward to that
Old 11-03-2010, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
I'm waiting for the officials.
I'm way too excited to wait. As soon as I caught a wiff of the first rumour, I was hooked.

I hope he comes out with an official date that's earlier than may. Maybe tomorrow or some time.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe they've finally got it right...maybe they've taken after Rockpile's model. (remember Rockpile?) Dave Edmunds & Nick Lowe. They used to each release solo albums (with Rockpile being the "band" on each of their albums). They would go out on tour as either "Dave Edmunds & Rockpile" or "Nick Lowe & Rockpile" depending on whose album was the most current...they'd play songs from each other's solo albums. Took 'em about 10 years until they finally made a "Rockpile" album.

Maybe that's what Stevie & Lindsey have finally gotten Mick & John to agree to do. Since they don't seem to agree when they record a band album, maybe they'd agree to this: They'll each release a solo album, then FLEETWOOD MAC tours behind the albums playing songs from each album (plus the standard 3/4 of Rumours, a couple of tracks from the '75 album, plus the now familiar "surprise" tracks from each Tusk & Mirage...and, if we've been good girls & boys, they'll play "Oh Well".

That way, Stevie & Lindsey each get to do their albums THEIR WAY, and Fleetwood Mac gets new material to tour behind.

Sounds like a plan to me. Anyone buy in??

Oh, did I forget to mention that even after all that time together, then Rockpile finally released a GROUP album & toured, then broke up.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

........and gives them the Platform to release Buckingham Nicks
Old 11-03-2010, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Maybe they've finally got it right...maybe they've taken after Rockpile's model. (remember Rockpile?) Dave Edmunds & Nick Lowe. They used to each release solo albums (with Rockpile being the "band" on each of their albums). They would go out on tour as either "Dave Edmunds & Rockpile" or "Nick Lowe & Rockpile" depending on whose album was the most current...they'd play songs from each other's solo albums. Took 'em about 10 years until they finally made a "Rockpile" album.

Maybe that's what Stevie & Lindsey have finally gotten Mick & John to agree to do. Since they don't seem to agree when they record a band album, maybe they'd agree to this: They'll each release a solo album, then FLEETWOOD MAC tours behind the albums playing songs from each album (plus the standard 3/4 of Rumours, a couple of tracks from the '75 album, plus the now familiar "surprise" tracks from each Tusk & Mirage...and, if we've been good girls & boys, they'll play "Oh Well".

That way, Stevie & Lindsey each get to do their albums THEIR WAY, and Fleetwood Mac gets new material to tour behind.

Oh, did I forget to mention that even after all that time together, then Rockpile finally released a GROUP album & toured, then broke up.
Honestly, that sounds like a best of both worlds compromise with Lindsey, Stevie, and the Mac. We'd get to hear new solo material, we actually might get a shake up in regards to some older/unheard Mac songs, and we'd get to see everyone all in one spot. Sounds WAY too sane to make sense to the Macsters, though!
Old 11-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
........and gives them the Platform to release Buckingham Nicks
Or, at least re-arrange some of the songs to play live (since obviously Lindsey can't sing "Don't Let Me Down Again" in the original key anymore and when he tried to change the key (2003 tour), the song sounded like crap)

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Honestly, that sounds like a best of both worlds compromise with Lindsey, Stevie, and the Mac. We'd get to hear new solo material, we actually might get a shake up in regards to some older/unheard Mac songs, and we'd get to see everyone all in one spot. Sounds WAY too sane to make sense to the Macsters, though!
Yeah, that would make just too much sense (kind of like how the Democrats & Republicans used to actually work together to get things done in this country back from the late 40's through the 60's....that bastard Richard Nixon screwed everything up), on second thought, never mind.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I would be happy with this because if Lindsey does a solo tour there is almost no chance he'll tour Europe/UK so this way I'd get to see some of his new songs live without having to fly to the US again (I can't afford to do it again).
Old 11-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They'll each release a solo album, then FLEETWOOD MAC tours behind the albums playing songs from each album (plus the standard 3/4 of Rumours, a couple of tracks from the '75 album, plus the now familiar "surprise" tracks from each Tusk & Mirage...and, if we've been good girls & boys, they'll play "Oh Well".
I just don't believe this would happen. I could see them sticking one new song from each album into the setlist and then playing the same old **** that they did in 2009. It's an awesome idea, though.... but I'd still prefer two solo tours at this point.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I do agree with that. A great idea in concept but in practice we'd get one or two new Lindsey ones and one new Stevie one that will get dropped sharpish. I'd much rather a Lindsey setlist where he plays the majority of the new album, as on the UTS and GOS tours.