User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
What happened was, things got so crazy the last time they performed for Bill Clinton. When he found out that Christine wasn't there, he went into a rage, threw a chair, had their taxes audited. After that, they were a little gun shy.

The idea that they could have a Top #1 hit that would knock Britney Spears off the charts and then not have Christine there to sing it -- the fan disillusion that would cause -- the audience chanting "we want Christine" then leaving the arena in a stampede of pique -- it was too much to risk.

Michele
Thank you, best chuckle I've had all day!
Old 10-28-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I truly don't think Christine would do a Fleetwood Mac album precisely because she'd feel she had a responsibility to the band to tour for it. She doesn't want to be seen as 'pulling a Lindsey'. (Being on an album, yet bailing on a tour)(sorry, Lindsey!)
Hahahahah... he almost burned his bridges after Tango...
Old 10-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I dunno, I think if they are to do "one final album", they should not ONLY get Christine, but also get Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer, Bob Welch, Billy Burnette & Rick Vito to also make appearances on the album. There wouldn't be any pressure on anybody to tour or have to meet expectations songwriting wise, so I would think that would appeal to Chris, Peter & Jeremy. And, because its a studio situation, those members who don't get along with other members could just come in and do an overdub or two by themselves and not have to interact with anybody else, if they didn't want to.

That would open up some great combinations of former members that we never got to hear before. Like Rick & Peter playing on a song "together"; a Welch/Buckingham collaboration (if they were so inclined); Billy, Lindsey & Jeremy together on an old '50's sounding tune, etc. It would be a WHOLE LOT more interesting (to me, anyway) than another album filled with just Lindsey & Stevie's tunes.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
I dunno, I think if they are to do "one final album", they should not ONLY get Christine, but also get Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer, Bob Welch, Billy Burnette & Rick Vito to also make appearances on the album. There wouldn't be any pressure on anybody to tour or have to meet expectations songwriting wise, so I would think that would appeal to Chris, Peter & Jeremy. And, because its a studio situation, those members who don't get along with other members could just come in and do an overdub or two by themselves and not have to interact with anybody else, if they didn't want to.

That would open up some great combinations of former members that we never got to hear before. Like Rick & Peter playing on a song "together"; a Welch/Buckingham collaboration (if they were so inclined); Billy, Lindsey & Jeremy together on an old '50's sounding tune, etc. It would be a WHOLE LOT more interesting (to me, anyway) than another album filled with just Lindsey & Stevie's tunes.
That would be a dream come true for me as well.... I think Mick would love that... It would be an original concept, and let a producer run the show... Would love to see another Welch/McVie collaboration...
Old 10-28-2009, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I truly don't think Christine would do a Fleetwood Mac album precisely because she'd feel she had a responsibility to the band to tour for it. She doesn't want to be seen as 'pulling a Lindsey'. (Being on an album, yet bailing on a tour)(sorry, Lindsey!)
She was already on an album without touring: Time.

Michele
Old 10-28-2009, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She was already on an album without touring: Time.

Michele
And, Mr. Wonderful, if you want to get REALLY technical.

But, considering there WASN'T a tour after the release of Time, I don't think that really counts.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
I think if they are to do "one final album", they should not ONLY get Christine, but also get Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer, Bob Welch, Billy Burnette & Rick Vito to also make appearances on the album.
I totally agree that this would be hugely more interesting than another Stevie/Lindsey album.

But to me it wouldn't be complete unless they could get Danny Kirwan, too. But I suppose that's impossible.

But, but, the thing is, even if they said it was the "final album," I wouldn't believe it. Two or three years down the line Mick would be making phone calls, and they'd be putting out the "we really mean it this time, honest to goodness final album."
Old 10-28-2009, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Lindsey (and family)could move to England for a year.......
Why a year? They don't have to take a year making an album. They should hire a producer and make an album in two weeks. Lindsey could just take a vacation to do it. Some of us would like a less produced album better, anyway.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Why a year? They don't have to take a year making an album. They should hire a producer and make an album in two weeks. Lindsey could just take a vacation to do it. Some of us would like a less produced album better, anyway.
I guess what I should have said was 'Lindsey (and family) could move to England for a period of time'. I guess I was assuming it would take a while to complete the album and since he has children in school, he'd probably want to stay for the complete school year.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If they could smuggle away one of her dogs, that would give them considerable leverage.

Michele
You're evil. I love it.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I totally agree that this would be hugely more interesting than another Stevie/Lindsey album.

But to me it wouldn't be complete unless they could get Danny Kirwan, too. But I suppose that's impossible.

But, but, the thing is, even if they said it was the "final album," I wouldn't believe it. Two or three years down the line Mick would be making phone calls, and they'd be putting out the "we really mean it this time, honest to goodness final album."
I think the only thing Say You Will needed was some piano on it
Old 10-28-2009, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristochango View Post
I think the only thing Say You Will needed was some piano on it
In the Meantime too.

Michele
Old 10-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Now you've got me thinking, which isn't necessarily a good idea.

How much acoustic piano is there on post-1974 albums?

Say You Love Me
Sugar Daddy

Don't Stop
Songbird
Oh Daddy

Sara
What Makes You Think You're the One?
(an early take of Never Make Me Cry)
Beautiful Child

(an early take of Fireflies)
Sara
Not That Funny
Don't Stop

Can't Go Back
Hold Me
Wish You Were Here

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-29-2009, 01:54 PM

^^^^^
Dance - Rhiannon
Rumours/Dance - SilverSprings
Straight Back - Mirage
Greatest Hits - No Questions Asked
Behind the Mask - In the Back of My Mind

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 10-30-2009 at 12:48 AM..
Old 10-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Now, see by contrast, I don't think she minds working with them and I think she probably would have done so with SYW. I think except for her wanting to leave, The Dance seemed to proceed nicely. Although by the time we got to the RRHOF, maybe they had all had a little tiff.

I don't think the stuff we think of as craziness really bothers her that much. Drugs and drink and travel, yes I think she thinks that's crazy at the stage her life is in now. Personality wise, I think the "drama" we've been discussing is pretty low key and inconsequential to her, compared to what it was like in the old days. I just don't see her being fazed in the least by it.

David, I think SYLM comes off nicely except for that verse Lindsey does alone. Between that and Don't Stop, I wonder which she likes the most, or least. Well, probably SYLM requires the 5 of them more than Don't Stop does. Although, I still think the chorus works well with Stevie and Lindsey. The verses are a reason she should join the band in a cameo, simply out of pity.

If they could smuggle away one of her dogs, that would give them considerable leverage.

Michele
I really disagree. Take an evening and watch all her interviews and such from In The Meantime on youtube back to back. She repeatedly said that her time with the band had been drawing to a close since sometime in the late 1980s/very early 1990s. She was just done... she recorded and toured nonstop with Fleetwood Mac for 30 years. She accomplished all that she had set out to do. She was tired of the lifestyle. She was tired of the band. She was tired of America. She's in her late 60s now, living a very quiet happy life in her home country, spends her time doting on her dogs, and reconnecting with family. Why in the hell would she want to sit in a room with Stevie and Lindsey for a year and a half playing referee for two 60 something year old adults who act like spoiled teenagers? Christine repeatedly said in her 2004 interviews that she was just done with all that mess. Done with commercial expectations, done with pressures, done with schedules, done with constructs. She simply made In The Meantime because she could do it on her own terms, in her home, where she could stop and make pasta if she wanted, and spend the time connecting with her nephew. I just don't think there's any kind of money in the world that could be thrown a Christine to convince her to do anything else than what she's doing right now. She gave her entire adult life to Fleetwood Mac, she's retired. And if I were her, I'd be exactly the same way!

Think of it this way. Would you want to do the exact same job for 40 years? Do you know anyone, anyone at all who's been doing the same job working for the same company since the late 1960s? Have you even known anybody who's been married that long? My point is, she's just done. She's just not the same person. Her priorities have taken a 180. I think she was tired of all of the negative stimulus, and having to numb it all by being a lady drunk. There's nobody who wants a return from Christine more than me, but we've gotta respect the lady's life choices, and let her retire in peace and happiness. She earned it!