User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-25-2008, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Lindsey is still planning it. I posted his comments in the Rumours forum, because he talked about FM too, but he said he just has to find a label for his solo album.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1003733037

Michele
Woohoo!!! Thanks for posting! I really hope this happens...

Need....more....Buckingham

Old 03-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

March 25, 2008, 2:25 PM ET

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1003733037

Gary Graff, Detroit
Fleetwood Mac -- with or without Sheryl Crow in tow -- is planning to be active again.

Singer/guitarist Lindsey Buckingham -- who's just released a new concert DVD, "Live at the Bass Performance Hall," from his 2006-07 solo tour -- tells Billboard.com that the group is "looking at the idea of touring sometime in the first half of 2009," possibly with some new material to play.

In recent weeks Crow, who's friendly with Mac's Stevie Nicks, has talked about joining the band, which Buckingham acknowledges is a possibility, though he adds, "I don't think anything is written in stone yet."

"I think we were all a little surprised (Crow) was announcing that to the world with such certainty," Buckingham says with a laugh. "We have talked about the possibility of bringing another woman into the scene to kind of give Stevie a sort of foil and shake it up a little bit. (Crow) was certainly a name that has come up. We'll have to see."

Nicks has been the group's sole female member since Christine McVie retired from the band in the late '90s. Buckingham says that he has "a ton of new stuff" that could be used for a new Fleetwood Mac album, though he adds that he might want to step back from the production role he's had in the band.

"I don't think I want to produce again 'cause it takes so much," he explains. "Whatever happens we'll all sit in a room and make something work as a group. a little more like we used to, sort of try to open it up and get everyone sharing the activity a little more."

Buckingham, meanwhile, is also planning another solo album -- the follow-up to 2006's "Under the Skin" -- for this summer. Recorded with members of his touring band as well as Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, it "has a little more of a rock feel to it" than "Under the Skin," according to Buckingham. "It's just another group of tunes that hopefully will translate to stage, and hopefully we can get some more (solo) dates this summer."

Formerly signed to Reprise, Buckingham says he's a "free agent" now, without a label deal as a solo artist. "We're gonna figure out who wants to put it out," he says of the as-yet untitled album. "I'm keeping an open mind. People need to hear the music and we'll see what they think and what the best situation for it will be."

Old 03-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes! Yes yes yes!

I can't wait to see him again!

And rock album, ahoy... I am dying to hear it.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't wait for summer now. We should bombard the Q&A on his site with "Why don't you release it on your own?" and maybe he will do that in the future. I doubt he'd do it for this one because he doesn't seem to be one to take that kind of risk on short notice.

Actually, scratch that. I'm just going to send an email saying "THANK YOU!"
Old 03-25-2008, 04:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

When I thought my day couldn't possibly get ANY better (after watching the DVD and listening to the CD throughout my work day)....

LINDSEY GOES AND MAKES MY DAY EVEN BETTER!!!!

....I only hope we don't have to wait toooooo long for this "solo" album.
~Mic.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it's interesting that he says "we can get some more (solo) dates" and "We're gonna figure out who wants to put it out". I think it sounds like he's getting band vibes from Neal, Brett and Walfredo which is a good thing. He might even feel the desire to record regularly with them as a group (though under his name of course)
Old 03-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

HOLY FRICKIN' CRAP!! Am I reading that right in that he's already recorded the solo album and is trying to figure out which label to take it to or whatever?!

Touring this summer?!

Someone slap me!!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If the solo album is finished I assume that Lindsey produced it himself. I know that he once mentioned that Reprise wanted to bring in an outside producer. I guess that didn't happen.

I really can't believe we'll get anything this summer, but at least it's great knowing that that's what Lindsey is shooting for. He plans to be busy in both 2008 and then 2009 with FM. Couldn't ask for more.

Michele
Old 03-25-2008, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The possibility of Lindsey doing solo dates this summer, the fact that he actually spoke those words, is so exciting to me! I really hope at least SOME of the solo related talk is true, and even if it isn't SOMETHING is going to be happening over the next year and that is great news.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
HOLY FRICKIN' CRAP!! Am I reading that right in that he's already recorded the solo album and is trying to figure out which label to take it to or whatever?!

Touring this summer?!

Someone slap me!!!!
Here you go!

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ready for him to tour again.

Old 03-26-2008, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Michele, if he tours to support the new album, he says it's gonna be a small, limited outing, which I translate to mean California only....maybe Vegas?

What's your choice of venue?

Remember, we're going as a triumvirate (with #1 LiddyBuckfan) ... just like they did in ancient Rome.

...or we could go as the old men in the balcony of the Muppet Show... calling out our favorite tunes...
Old 03-26-2008, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
Michele, if he tours to support the new album, he says it's gonna be a small, limited outing, which I translate to mean California only....maybe Vegas?

What's your choice of venue?

Remember, we're going as a triumvirate (with #1 LiddyBuckfan) ... just like they did in ancient Rome.

...or we could go as the old men in the balcony of the Muppet Show... calling out our favorite tunes...
I vote old men in the balcony of the Muppet Show with one change...we place ourselves front row, in the "sweet spot" (right in-between Brett and Lindsey). That way, they can hear us calling out our favorite tunes much better!

Old 03-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan View Post
Here you go!
Thanks Lindsey! LOL

I like the idea of a small tour. If he does a few nights in one place, I'd definitely wanna go to those clustered shows.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks Lindsey! LOL

I like the idea of a small tour. If he does a few nights in one place, I'd definitely wanna go to those clustered shows.
Anytime!

I agree! That was the coolest thing I ever did was going to shows three nights in a row plus I could afford a small tour a lot better this time around. If he does 4 legs again, it'll be hard not to go to shows every leg...or I just need to invest that money into therapy and get over my concert obsession.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Someone slap me!!!!

I can't wait to hear more from Linds!!!!!!!!