The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-04-2005, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She didn't. She "knows" Lindsey is devastated over the release of all the GoS tracks and has spent days trying to convince us that buying this cd is wrong as Down on Rodeo plays in the background while she types away. Hypocritical much?
It seems pretty obvious to me that if Lux contacted Lbs management, as she says she has, that they would express their dismay over unreleased tracks being for sale on ebay. Does anyone honestly think they would respond to her with a "Oh, who cares..we represent him and we are fine with the idea of him being ripped off"! What else are they going to say? Their ACTIONS speak volumes. They did nothing to stop this auction. We all know that if it was reported to ebay..it would have been removed. It takes VERY little to remove an auction and a phone call or email from East End would have taken care of the problem in 2.5 seconds. Apparently...Lindsey is not as upset about it as Lux tried to convince us he was or he would have done something about it for God's sake.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 05-04-2005, 02:44 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
I wasn't victimising you, I was adding my bit to the conversation this thread has become.
Do you have any idea where that turn happened? Any at all? Why it changed? Did it have to, no. Did it, yes. Why?
Old 05-04-2005, 08:10 PM
Lux
Old 05-04-2005, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Jesus, stop putting ****ing words in my mouth. I never said he was devastated by this. I only ever said that before distributing, those intending to distribute needed to consult his position in regards to the demos on the chance that he request they not be distributed. It was a good possibility that no one was interested in even hearing. He was upset about the previous demos being sold.

No matter what a hypocritical bitch you think I am, it doesn't take away Lindsey's rights as the artist. As much as it's flattering to imply that my words and morals play a significant part in Lindsey's life and are relevant to him, this is bull****. I could argue with you about my collection and yada yada but you'd win then and we'd have successfully been distracted from the point. If you keep me defending my collection for long enough, you think it's ok to distribute without his intent being consulted?

Leave me the **** out of this or don't cry foul when your morals are attacked. Stop talking like we're doing hypotheticals and address the issue. Once purchased, he should be consulted before distribution. It might sound ridiculous but it's his property.
My dear, you know we're usually in agreement about His Royal Hotness. I appreciate your concern for the man's wishes and feelings. Believe it or not, a lot of other people do too. Since we can only judge his wishes by his actions or inaction at this point, why not let it go for now? His management knows about it since you were kind enough to contact them. They probably know how the cd got out in the first place. They probably gave it out for review or publicity. By doing so they likely knew it would get passed around, copied, and distributed to grateful fans. I appreciate your concern for Lindsey and I second it. If I hear anything from Lindsey or one of his representatives that he is upset about this cd being heard by fans, then I won't have anything to do with it. OK? If I hear nothing about it, I'm going to assume it's not a big deal. If these tracks are obtained by fans and I get a copy, do you want one from me to go along with the lossless GOS I sent you ? I don't see the harm. Honestly, do you?
Old 05-04-2005, 08:41 PM
Lux
Old 05-04-2005, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
So, will it be another unnecessary personalisation?
You smell funny!!!!
*how was that?*

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 05-04-2005, 08:59 PM
Lux
Old 05-04-2005, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux

So you don't hate me? That in itself would be an unpopular position.
No. Since when do I care about being popular?
Old 05-04-2005, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
it seems that mentioning this only brings out what a horrible kind of person I am and I fail to see the relevance of my personality in a situation regarding Lindsey's rights as an artist. Flattering that I seem to be a priority but all the same, irrelevant.
Is it possible that the way you approached the issue in that thread was less than devoid of accusation, hence begging retaliations? Just a thought..
Old 05-04-2005, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitter_fades
No. Since when do I care about being popular?

Hey Glitter, my good friend. Fortunately, I try to stay away from most of the upset that insues here since all of life came into perspective for me after my brush with cancer last year. It just gets my dander up and I get upset and it is not worth it. I am just struck by the amount of energy that is taken to create disharmony, especially considering that His Hotness really doesn't seem to want to do anything to stop it, doesn't give two ****s. I, for one, feel no need to protect a person who is highly intelligent, has more money that most of us will have in our lifetimes, and has access to the best legal representation as well as the best management available. You know that I got to know East End quite well during the past couple of years. I really like those ppl and compared to Stevie's ppl, they are light years better imo. They chose their battles, and most of their decisions are to make money for their clients and also themselves. They are not idiots, and neither is Lindsey. More positives come to Lindsey with this unreleased music than would come with the lack of participation to get this music released. As much as we all love him, we are not enough to sustain the belief that he can make money for the record companies with his efforts. He will make money releasing with Fleetwood Mac. So, with all that said, they also know that these songs keep him available to us, to a degree. And, as was pointed out before, regardless of whether we have this now or not, should he be able to find a record company that would put an album out for him, we will all buy it. Most of us buy two, one to listen to and one to shelve. So much energy has been devoted to champion Lindsey's rights as an artist, with no concern put forth by Lindsey himself. I feel no obligation to protect him, as much as I love him. It is not cool that his music is taken and given to the community. It is very uncool, but, the reality is that it exists and there we are. To constantly fight about it, and then to gooble it up once it is out there is such a paradox and makes it appear that the constant flogging is hollow. If I really had so much passion around this issue, I would box all my boots and such and send them to the artist, I would offer my services to the artist to bust all of us for buying/owning/sharing this music. You cannot have it both ways. You cannot insult, degrade and berate the community while polishing your collection. It makes the words that are gushing forth constantly hollow and nauseating. So, with all that said, you got to get on one side of the fence or the other.(not you, but, anyone who has so much conviction) End of story. No one can disagree that the fact that the music is out there is bad, but, you gotta make up your mind, is what I am hearing everyone say. And, the lossless GOS, wonderful stuff that, so you got to not accept it on principle and then your concerns and yelling all over God's kingdom has respect. The way it is now, there is none. I would allow that a thread should be started to just share how horrible this is over and over to the ppl who want to hear it over and over and then all the ones who agree and don't see the hypocrisy in posting it over and over while polishing your collection could all come together and just yell and holler and listen to their lossless cds while doing it and all the other stuff that they horde while screaming about how wrong it is to have it.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:32 PM
Lux
Old 05-04-2005, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
You mean trying to alert people to his rights and being ignored in order to discuss how much they were chipping in? I wasn't the first to go off in rage at anybody, only if you delete your attacking posts it would appear that way.

Was that you who left me a message in messenger? I don't even know, I can barely see straight. I thought it was someone else but now that I think about it, it doesn't really sound like her. Whoever it was, they said they were reading over here. I'll decide when I can talk and I don't need to be given **** for it if I can't. Incidently I was asleep and it does say that I'm away, what more can I do? But I apologise if my destructive tendencies are getting in the way of a chat.
no, it wasn't me. I hate hate hate IMing. Keep all sounds turned off..ha. It just drives me nuts.

I really do not know you Lux, and I sense your frustration. I know that you feel that no one hears what you are saying or that they are disregarding you. I don't think so. What you say is true and valid. But, it has to be one way or the other. In a perfect world, it would all work out differently, but, it is what it is so you gotta fix it, act on your conviction, follow your heart and beliefs if you wanna pull out the soap box. That is what I am reading as responses to your posts. And what I am feeling. It is not personal from me to you, but, it feels personal from you to everyone. I am a reallllllyyyy passionate and convicted person. So, if I decide that I have to take a stand, I do it balls to the wall. And, I don't think anyone will fault me for saying something is not right and then doing the opposite. I would encourage everyone to not buy from this guy 100%, and will not change how I feel about that and will not buy from him. I have contributed to help get a lot of the music we share out there and my purpose is to keep anyone from profiting from the music and to fricking hear it. I love it. And, if any of the artists I have on boots were to release that same music, hell yes. I will be first in line to buy it. The artists are choosing to not release it so there you go. I did not steal it. I did not creep into anyone's home and rip it off or take it from a studio. And, will do whatever I can to keep others from making money, and sometimes I gotta put some money out there to do it, so I do. That is my effort. Not to raise hell about it being bought but, scoff it up soon as I can. I think that is the dig. Not whether it is right for it to be out there. Hell not it is not right. That just sucks. So, you do what you think is right. I hear you loud and clear on what you think is right so the next logical thing would be for you to get rid of your collection and refuse to take any more. Cause, honey, someone has to pay for it.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeknpeace
Hey Glitter, my good friend. Fortunately, I try to stay away from most of the upset that insues here since all of life came into perspective for me after my brush with cancer last year. It just gets my dander up and I get upset and it is not worth it. I am just struck by the amount of energy that is taken to create disharmony, especially considering that His Hotness really doesn't seem to want to do anything to stop it, doesn't give two ****s. I, for one, feel no need to protect a person who is highly intelligent, has more money that most of us will have in our lifetimes, and has access to the best legal representation as well as the best management available. You know that I got to know East End quite well during the past couple of years. I really like those ppl and compared to Stevie's ppl, they are light years better imo. They chose their battles, and most of their decisions are to make money for their clients and also themselves. They are not idiots, and neither is Lindsey. More positives come to Lindsey with this unreleased music than would come with the lack of participation to get this music released. As much as we all love him, we are not enough to sustain the belief that he can make money for the record companies with his efforts. He will make money releasing with Fleetwood Mac. So, with all that said, they also know that these songs keep him available to us, to a degree. And, as was pointed out before, regardless of whether we have this now or not, should he be able to find a record company that would put an album out for him, we will all buy it. Most of us buy two, one to listen to and one to shelve. So much energy has been devoted to champion Lindsey's rights as an artist, with no concern put forth by Lindsey himself. I feel no obligation to protect him, as much as I love him. It is not cool that his music is taken and given to the community. It is very uncool, but, the reality is that it exists and there we are. To constantly fight about it, and then to gooble it up once it is out there is such a paradox and makes it appear that the constant flogging is hollow. If I really had so much passion around this issue, I would box all my boots and such and send them to the artist, I would offer my services to the artist to bust all of us for buying/owning/sharing this music. You cannot have it both ways. You cannot insult, degrade and berate the community while polishing your collection. It makes the words that are gushing forth constantly hollow and nauseating. So, with all that said, you got to get on one side of the fence or the other.(not you, but, anyone who has so much conviction) End of story. No one can disagree that the fact that the music is out there is bad, but, you gotta make up your mind, is what I am hearing everyone say. And, the lossless GOS, wonderful stuff that, so you got to not accept it on principle and then your concerns and yelling all over God's kingdom has respect. The way it is now, there is none. I would allow that a thread should be started to just share how horrible this is over and over to the ppl who want to hear it over and over and then all the ones who agree and don't see the hypocrisy in posting it over and over while polishing your collection could all come together and just yell and holler and listen to their lossless cds while doing it and all the other stuff that they horde while screaming about how wrong it is to have it.
Since you know me well I'm sure you realize I had tounge firmly planted in cheek while speaking to Lux. The GOS mention was a reminder of the goodwill shown to her by some of us thoughtless folks stomping on Lindsey's rights. Lux likes a little sarcasm now and then, so I hope you don't mind my dishing it out. You know how cranky I can be.

Last edited by glitter_fades; 05-04-2005 at 10:59 PM..
Old 05-04-2005, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Time to give it a rest, Lux.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeknpeace
Cause, honey, someone has to pay for it.
Thank you for a brilliant post, seeknpeace!
Old 05-04-2005, 11:02 PM
Lux
Old 05-04-2005, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitter_fades
Since you know me well I'm sure you realize I had tounge firmly planted in cheek while speaking to Lux. The GOS mention was a reminder of the goodwill shown to her by some of us thoughtless folks stomping on Lindsey's rights. Lux likes a little sarcasm now and then, so I hope you don't mind my dishing it out. You know how cranky I can be.
Yes, I do honey...you are my long time friend, I love you, love seeing you, talking to you, whatever. And, totally respect you to the max. You are not cranky...you are just honest and kind and generous to a fault. From day one. I am honored to know you.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
I won't take these if I know he's not happy with the distribution. I don't think they should be posted until his positive position is established. You said your intent is to allow the people to hear the music, but shouldn't there be a clause that involves seeking the artist's approval seeing that it is their work? All I've been saying is that his approval should be sought. If the buyers would agree to that before distribution then it's fine. As far as I've been informed, he was ok with the distribution of GOS but not with the sale of those demos. I wasn't aware of this when they were given to me (not by request, just as a compilation of everything FM) and I wouldn't even know where they are actually as I don't listen to them. I won't pass them on should I stumble across them and someone who wants to hear them. But again, this is all fine for my wellbeing but the issue is the artist's right to be informed about the desire to distribute. These will be bought by someone and I thought it a good chance they be someone here. That is why I persisted in trying to get attention to the issue that he should be informed.
Blah, blah, blah. Done now?

Old 05-04-2005, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
I won't take these if I know he's not happy with the distribution. I don't think they should be posted until his positive position is established. You said your intent is to allow the people to hear the music, but shouldn't there be a clause that involves seeking the artist's approval seeing that it is their work? All I've been saying is that his approval should be sought. If the buyers would agree to that before distribution then it's fine. As far as I've been informed, he was ok with the distribution of GOS but not with the sale of those demos. I wasn't aware of this when they were given to me (not by request, just as a compilation of everything FM) and I wouldn't even know where they are actually as I don't listen to them. I won't pass them on should I stumble across them and someone who wants to hear them. But again, this is all fine for my wellbeing but the issue is the artist's right to be informed about the desire to distribute. These will be bought by someone and I thought it a good chance they be someone here. That is why I persisted in trying to get attention to the issue that he should be informed.
and to that end, you have hopefully accomplished what you wanted. You can lead a horse to water, but, not make it drink, as they say. Now you do what your heart says is right and let everyone else. They all heard you. And, I think that they all agree about what is right and wrong, so then we all chose our path. If you buy the work and do not share it, then, you really accomplish little to nothing if your intent is to stop him from making money. The only way to stop him is to distribute what he is trying to sell. I can not see Lindsey or Tony saying to anyone, sure, give it away. That would be ludicrous. Make no sense at all. But, by their lack of action, and their knowledge, they give their ok. They know that it is out there. They have been contacted by you and others, and they have taken their position, so now we do what we think is right. And, hopefully live peacefully together in our chaotic world.... so, Lux, nice to meet you...I am sure that there is a lot more to you than this. You are too intelligent to not know that this has run it's course and then it becomes like a tantrum and any and all positive influence you may have is lost. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and information...very much.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux

So you don't hate me? That in itself would be an unpopular position.
I don't think anyone here hates you Lux. And I'm sorry I became impatient with you.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:41 AM
Lux