Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-03-2005, 06:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
I reported him ...everyone else should as well. You cannot stop an auction because you can get a higher price by selling it privately. HE SOLICITED the buyers from ebay...they want their cut for bringing him his business. He emailed me...I was only a watcher on the item so I have no idea how he got my email addy. I guess he somehow obtained the list of watchers. He contacted a good friend of mine and said he had a ton of people interested and what was she willing to bid? he told her he sold another one of these a few months back and made a ton of money. JACKASS.
BTW..he also said LBs management had made no attempt to stop him, just one potential buyer who claimed they knew LB and was speaking for him, expressing his disgust. That was the current high bidder when the auction ended. IMO, that person would have bid the item up to crazy amounts and then never paid for it.
i was a watcher from the very beginning, & i am pretty huge buyer/seller on ebay, the guy is a farce~ but all of a sudden u c tons of peeps selling stevie's demos, & i c some1 is now selling the '83 US festival on dvd, on there, i don't know y sometimes ebay does something about it & sometimes they seem 2 overlook this stuff~ it all confuses me ~

Last edited by GODDESS6; 05-03-2005 at 06:55 AM..
Old 05-03-2005, 07:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i hate ebay. i hate seeing headings like 'ultra super rare import' and 'one of a kind live show'... hate!

this guy sounds like a total douchebag, his downfall would bring a smile to my face. we should form a watchdog group, protecting the innocent and uninformed from sellers such as him.

i want to message the sellers and be like 'you have no soul, that's up for free download this week on suchasite.com, i hope the karma police assault and batter you'...

the buckingham/nicks 'rare deluxe import' cd drives me insane.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I was also watching this auction (mostly out of curiousity) and no one contacted me, so he must have gotten the emails from elsewhere.

YES it drives me crazy to see all this stuff being sold. After he ended the auction I went to look for it under "completed auctions" and it made me sick to see all the GOS that have been sold. I've actually considered setting up an auction and having "Buckingham/Nicks or GOS in the title and then in the actual ad saying that NO ONE has to pay for this stuff and directing them to where they can get it or maybe just telling them to contact me and I could email them where to find it or something like that. Ebay would probably pull it eventually, but if it would help get the word out to people...

Take on the situation but not the torment
Old 05-03-2005, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If you want Lindsey's management to solve this situation, email Jessica (jessica@lindseybuckingham.com) and notify her of this and she can get to the proper channels to try to get rid of this. Whether this album was for $500.00 or 5 cents, it has no business being on eBay or anywhere else for that matter. If Lindsey wanted these songs to be heard by everyone else, they would already be out there for the rest of us to listen to. NOBODY should have access to these songs.

Matt
Old 05-03-2005, 06:41 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer
If you want Lindsey's management to solve this situation, email Jessica (jessica@lindseybuckingham.com) and notify her of this and she can get to the proper channels to try to get rid of this. Whether this album was for $500.00 or 5 cents, it has no business being on eBay or anywhere else for that matter. If Lindsey wanted these songs to be heard by everyone else, they would already be out there for the rest of us to listen to. NOBODY should have access to these songs.

Matt
Yeah, you have such a big problem with unreleased material (the version of Thrown Down that was leaked in late '02 comes to mind) and promo copies (which this very well may be) that you never turned down such things in the past. You and your girlfriend should chip in together and buy this mystery disc on eBay so that you can withhold it from everyone, then wave it in front their faces that you have it and they don't. You and others may complain about this getting sold right now, but as soon as it gets out and someone like Nancy or Sara posts it on their site, you'll make a mad dash to download it.

Or are you just jumping in here to get negative responses on purpose like last time?

Old 05-03-2005, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Well exactly, hence the last thread. But people only seem to have a problem with the sale when the fans are being ripped off. The extortion should be prevented because this is somebody's unauthorised work but if it's at a easonable price, it's seemingly ok.
I've never been accused of being the sharpest knife in the drawer and I probably never will be, but your logic regarding this "unauthorized" work is perplexing to me. You justify listening to Gift of Screws because it's already out and once it's out "it's out," yet in the next breath you say that such material being out there doesn't sit well with Lindsey and we should respect that. My question is, have you or are you going to throw out your copy of Gift of Screws? It is unauthorized, you say that it hurts Lindsey on some level because it got leaked, yet you have no qualms listening to it and getting pleasure from it. It seems to me that if you want to show him respect in regards to his unreleased material, you wouldn't listen to it at all.

If my sister bought a stolen stereo and I knew about it, would it be okay for me to listen to music on it because it's already been stolen?

Old 05-03-2005, 07:50 PM
Highway Woman
This message has been deleted by Highway Woman.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Well exactly, hence the last thread. But people only seem to have a problem with the sale when the fans are being ripped off. The extortion should be prevented because this is somebody's unauthorised work but if it's at a easonable price, it's seemingly ok.
I don't think that anyone has said that except you. Over and Over and Over and Over. And, you yourself said that you contacted East End and that they do not care...can you lighten up a tad and enjoy life?
Old 05-03-2005, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Yeah, you have such a big problem with unreleased material (the version of Thrown Down that was leaked in late '02 comes to mind) and promo copies (which this very well may be) that you never turned down such things in the past. You and your girlfriend should chip in together and buy this mystery disc on eBay so that you can withhold it from everyone, then wave it in front their faces that you have it and they don't. You and others may complain about this getting sold right now, but as soon as it gets out and someone like Nancy or Sara posts it on their site, you'll make a mad dash to download it.

Or are you just jumping in here to get negative responses on purpose like last time?
Thank you Josh....very much. Just so much blah blah. Yada yada yada.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

That version of Thrown Down that I had on my short lived download site was purposefully edited on my own behalf so people like you could think you had some sort of special version of the song when it really wasn't. It was the studio version that I messed around with to give it a different sound. As far as downloading this material, no I would never download it because I do not download music anymore and I most certainly don't go to other Fleetwood Mac websites for the purpose of downloading music. As time passes, folks change their opinions and my opinion about downloading demos or unreleased tracks has.
People like you are the reason that I haven't posted here in God knows how long and I probably won't post here again for a while. Thanks for reminding me!

Matt

Last edited by Street_Dreamer; 05-03-2005 at 09:21 PM..
Old 05-03-2005, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Don't be such an ass. Firstly, that version of Thrown Down that I had was purposefully edited on my own behalf. It was the studio version that I messed around with to give it a different sound. As far as downloading this material, no I would never download it because I do not download music anymore and I most certainly don't go to other Fleetwood Mac websites for the purpose of downloading music. As time passes, folks change their opinions and my opinion about downloading demos or unreleased tracks has. And I know you're referring back to when the whole Peacekeeper fiasco that happened here a while back. Nobody was withholding anything, at least on my part or the part of others who were blasted for "not sharing" yet, funnily enough somebody who -already- owned it and finally did share it didn't get a negative word. Kinda strange how it works, a person buys a cd and is asked by a slew of people to share something when they don't want to or don't have the technical means gets ripped on yet somebody who does have the cd (or song) and only shares it because there's been a uproar about it doesn't. Hmmmmmm funny.
Nah, what's funny is the manner in which you conducted yourself when it became known to the board that his solo version of Peacekeeper was available. You came on here, said that your friend was not going to share, then proceeded to brag about getting a copy for yourself and that YOU were also not going to share it with anyone. You then further went on to say that you did so because you wanted to get negative reactions from people. Such a charmer, you sly devil.

It has nothing to do with not wanting to share. If someone doesn't want to share, they don't have to. But the people that don't want to share don't have to brag about what they have and then essentially tell people tough titty because they aren't going to hear it. It's tacky and unbecoming.

I sincerely hope that since you've had a change of heart about downloading unreleased material, you've trashed your copy, or MP3s, of the Gift of Screws album and any other unreleased material that you once had. Otherwise you're a hypocrite and your protesting otherwise proves as hollow as a chocolate Easter bunny.

Quote:
People like you are the reason that I haven't posted here in God knows how long and I probably won't post here again for a while. Thanks for reminding me!

Matt
Oh, don't mention it, it's my pleasure. Why someone would stop posting over the very behavior that they blame on others is beyond me, but that's your prerogative.

Old 05-03-2005, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Well said, Diss

Quote:
I sincerely hope that since you've had a change of heart about downloading unreleased material, you've trashed your copy, or MP3s, of the Gift of Screws album and any other unreleased material that you once had. Otherwise you're a hypocrite and your protesting otherwise proves as hollow as a chocolate Easter bunny.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That version of Thrown Down that I had on my short lived download site was purposefully edited on my own behalf so people like you could think you had some sort of special version of the song when it really wasn't. It was the studio version that I messed around with to give it a different sound.
There you go, proving yourself to be a real prince once again. Methinks you're blowing smoke up our collective asses because I'm referring to what has become known as the Wall of Sound version. You know, the one you bitched about people wanting to hear. How you managed to get the studio version months before it hit store shelves and magically drummed up new vocals from both Lindsey and Stevie for it, along with an entirely different tempo and music, is a mystery to me.

Old 05-03-2005, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
That version of Thrown Down that I had on my short lived download site was purposefully edited on my own behalf so people like you could think you had some sort of special version of the song when it really wasn't.
Wait - I don't know much about this, but why would you do that? And if you didn't, why would you now say you did? Either way, I don't understand why someone would try to "trick" poeple into thinking they are getting something special...why bother? Seems kind of strange and rude.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 05-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Wait - I don't know much about this, but why would you do that? And if you didn't, why would you now say you did? Either way, I don't understand why someone would try to "trick" poeple into thinking they are getting something special...why bother? Seems kind of strange and rude.
Because he wants me to feel special, silly.

Old 05-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Because he wants me to feel special, silly.

um...
specially tricked? Does it make people feel special when you lie to them? Or, maybe, when you lie about lying to them? (in the case that he didn't make that version, and is now lying...)
very confusing.
Oh, and Diss, I hand crafted this post especially for you!

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -