Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-02-2004, 06:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default dear lindseyfans

I wanna ask you gently, please help us out in the tusksurvivor on the rumoursthread. It's going smooth now, and we managed to save SMAP for two rounds, with blood sweat and tears. I know it's only a game but I care so much for that album that I want that lindsey get his credits for it. I don't care which song wins it and who wrote it. But we can't let lindsey's songs voted out in the first few rounds.

I know some of you are very busy, but please pop in every now and then.

So Seteca, Wondergirl, DownonRodeo, Lux, Stefan Mackaay , Face of Glass and all others who care for his work, will you please support us and our man in a silly game????

gerald

Last edited by shackin'up; 09-02-2004 at 06:49 AM..
Old 09-02-2004, 07:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
I wanna ask you gently, please help us out in the tusksurvivor on the rumoursthread. It's going smooth now, and we managed to save SMAP for two rounds, with blood sweat and tears. I know it's only a game but I care so much for that album that I want that lindsey get his credits for it. I don't care which song wins it and who wrote it. But we can't let lindsey's songs voted out in the first few rounds.

I know some of you are very busy, but please pop in every now and then.

So Seteca, Wondergirl, DownonRodeo, Lux, Stefan Mackaay , Face of Glass and all others who care for his work, will you please support us and our man in a silly game????

gerald
Silly Game? It doesn't look like its that silly for you.

Isabel
Old 09-02-2004, 07:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saradorna
Silly Game? It doesn't look like its that silly for you.

Isabel

Oh yes, it is!

Old 09-02-2004, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm actually quite pissed that all of our blood, sweat, and tears that went into saving Lindsey's songs in the last Survivor game were all for nothing and it was all started over. We really slaughtered the competition and then it was marked "invalid." I shall never recover, Gerald.

Old 09-02-2004, 08:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just so there's no misunderstanding, I love Lindsey and his work on Tusk with ONE exception. I really cannot stand SMAP. Once it's gone (if ever) you probably won't be seeing me voting for his other songs, at least not early on. I just can't stand this one song. And have I mentioned I really can't stand this song?!?!

"Don't f*&k with anyone's dog and don't ever date a musician."
Old 09-02-2004, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Well...

I didn't play in the last Tusk Survivor but I read some of it and a lot people acusing other people about cheating. To tell you the truth, even though I was following the first Tusk Survivor, it was so messy I have no idea who was winning or losing.

I love SMAP, in fact its my favorite from Lindsey in this album and that's coming from a Stevie Fan. But I love Stevie's Tusk songs more.

One of the things I've learned in FM Message Boards is that mostly everyone has a very different taste than mind when it comes to FM songs. And I've learned to respect that, that doesn't mean I don't want to change their minds (lol) but I'll tried to do it in a respectfull way.

Isabel
Old 09-02-2004, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I shall never recover, Gerald.
Me neither. But I can't give up either. I NEED YOU DISS!

EDIT: Thanks.

Last edited by shackin'up; 09-02-2004 at 09:49 AM..
Old 09-02-2004, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti
Just so there's no misunderstanding, I love Lindsey and his work on Tusk with ONE exception. I really cannot stand SMAP. Once it's gone (if ever) you probably won't be seeing me voting for his other songs, at least not early on. I just can't stand this one song. And have I mentioned I really can't stand this song?!?!

Fair enough, Patti. I actually can understand people who hate this song. I'm loving it for the exact same reasons I suppose. It has grown on me like no song did before. If it had not, I'd be in the same position as you are.

Can I ask you to join voting after SMAP is gone?

Old 09-02-2004, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Fair enough, Patti. I actually can understand people who hate this song. I'm loving it for the exact same reasons I suppose. It has grown on me like no song did before. If it had not, I'd be in the same position as you are.

IF it ever goes, I'll be on the "save Lindsey's songs" bandwagon right there with you all--on that you can depend!

"Don't f*&k with anyone's dog and don't ever date a musician."
Old 09-02-2004, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saradorna
And I've learned to respect that, that doesn't mean I don't want to change their minds (lol) but I'll tried to do it in a respectfull way.

Isabel
I'm with you 100%, isabel. But thge new game is not a mess anymore. So do you want to join me in that game respectfully?

Old 09-02-2004, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
I'm with you 100%, isabel. But thge new game is not a mess anymore. So do you want to join me in that game respectfully?
LOL! No problem. I've been voting in the new game and as I said before I thing SMAP and SARA should be in the top 10. After that my votes are going to change.

Respectfully of course. lol
Old 09-02-2004, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Me neither. But I can't give up either. I NEED YOU DISS!

EDIT: Thanks.

You don't even want to know how many people Carne and I solicited to save Lindsey's songs...and it worked. Never underestimate Lindsey fans, we'll slaughter you all!

I voted for Never Forget because, well, I don't like Chris's Tusk songs (with the exception of Brown Eyes). I can't stand the album version of Sara (love it live), either.

Old 09-02-2004, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

That's so funny, because people post exactly WHY they hate Save Me A Place...and they're the reasons why I love it.

Old 09-02-2004, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That thread scares me and I am staying far away. I think everyone is taking it WAY too seriously.

It's all a matter of opinion. The 5 top songs in my mind are the worst 5 in someone else's. It doesn't mean *hit. Music is too personal!
Old 09-02-2004, 11:00 AM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
That thread scares me and I am staying far away. I think everyone is taking it WAY too seriously.

It's all a matter of opinion. The 5 top songs in my mind are the worst 5 in someone else's. It doesn't mean *hit. Music is too personal!

You are totally right. But what scares you is pure fun for me. It's a game. You can only win it if you take it serious to some extend. The further you go in trying to PLAY it, the more chance you have. I was distant at first, too. But now i'm IN!!!

it would be fun to see you around, too, Janet. AND vote off the safest things first.