User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-05-2005, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
The book to read is William Styron's "Darkness Visible: A Memoir of Madness," published in 1985.

This makes sense in the LB forum.

Old 05-05-2005, 01:59 PM
Highway Woman
This message has been deleted by Highway Woman.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo
'born again bootlegger' revelations
LMAO!

Old 05-05-2005, 04:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Wait - I don't know much about this, but why would you do that? And if you didn't, why would you now say you did? Either way, I don't understand why someone would try to "trick" poeple into thinking they are getting something special...why bother? Seems kind of strange and rude.
I totally agree. Like My Heart when it was only a clip. Why not share the whole thing? And the Say You Will "early mixes". Why not just call them dvd-a mixes? Same with Dancing Alone and Staying True. It doesn't have to be something it's not in order for people to want to hear it. That is just my opinion.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:52 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
In theory, I guess he's losing his first sale rights, and royalties because he hasn't released it, the theory being that since people already have it, they would not buy it if he did release it. Which is probably, for the most part, not true.
Personally, I would buy it just because it would be the "official release". I did the same with SYW and TISL when I already had the tracks before the cds came out. It is only fair to the band.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I have no clue what he's talking about, but I'm certain he's not talking about the Thrown Down I'm talking about. His special version can't be all that special if I've never heard it. Still, the idea that someone would waste their time in an effort to pass off a tweaked version of a song as some special alternate version is quite funny to me. At least that Diva Remixes dude passed them off as his own creation and not some special rarity, even if he wanted to sue the piss and **** out of anyone who mislabeled the bastard things.

LoL I can't sue anyone without the copyright info, which in all actuality, isnt worth it because I only do it for fun. It just made me mad that they would use those ****ty remixes from my old days to circulate. I have much better ones that I guess weren't worthy enough to make the cut on the diva remixes album lol. O well. It is a ****ty remix compilation anyway imo. Whoever made the title "diva remixes" should be burned at the stake. I mean...Stevie is wonderful and all but she isn't exactly classified as a Diva...is she? When I think of Diva I think of Tina Turner, Aretha Franklin etc..Stevie is just the goddess of rock and roll