Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Maybe it's because I'm British, but that dull sketch was about as funny as toothache.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Nah, I was cringing the whole time too. LB and Paul did great considering what they had to work with though..
Old 05-19-2011, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought it was funny
But then again I love Kenan, Bill Hader and Ed Helms, so I would probably think anything they did was great
Old 05-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Maybe it's because I'm British, but that dull sketch was about as funny as toothache.
Even though I am American, I'm preferable to British humor and this skit was absolutely NOT funny. Only think that was hilarious was Mr. Paul Simon's facial reaction to being interrupted by a song. I still can't...

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 05-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i think some SNL skits are funny, some are not. i usually watch at the time of the elections, b/c a lot of their political satire is usually good (and has definitely influenced elections in the past).

WUWT definitely not my favorite, but i did like that it put LB's name out there again - and that he did finally go on SNL and participated in the skit which turned out to be success (>95% of mentions of his appearance / performance were extremely positive).

it is also funny how people always say that SNL used to be great but it's not good anymore - i've been hearing the same since the early nineties (you know, carvey / myers time)
Old 05-24-2011, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

from http://www.avclub.com/articles/justi...dy-gaga,56368/

The one sketch that managed to bring the two together was the spin on “What’s That Name?”, an example of a preexisting skit being turned on its ear - not unlike “What’s Up With That” being upended by Lindsey Buckingham actually appearing last week - based on the people involved.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default LB on SNL

hi, infreq poster returning; im surprised there's no mention of LB on SNL a few wks ago- funny stuff, and some BIG LOVE, too!

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...h-that/1327367

check out paul simon digging lindsey's pickin'!
Old 06-21-2011, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemLBI View Post
hi, infreq poster returning; im surprised there's no mention of LB on SNL a few wks ago- funny stuff, and some BIG LOVE, too!

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...h-that/1327367

check out paul simon digging lindsey's pickin'!
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=47250

and

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=47273
Old 10-20-2011, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default interview about SNL

Lindsey Buckingham finally gets to speak on ‘Saturday Night Live’

By: Tom Lanham | 10/18/11 10:00 PM

New music: Lindsey Buckingham’s sixth solo album is called “Seeds We Sow.” (Courtesy photo)

At first, Fleetwood Mac mainstay Lindsey Buckingham admits to being a tad perplexed: Why was “Saturday Night Live” alum Bill Hader appearing as the guitarist in a recurring “SNL” skit called “What’s Up With That?” as the third, perpetually bumped guest on Kenan Thompson’s campy talk show?

Instead of interviewing his superstar subjects, Thompson breaks into increasingly elaborate soul-revue songs, while Hader’s Buckingham sits silently and sulks.

“When somebody mentioned that Bill Hader was doing me, I thought ‘Gee, that’s kind of obscure,’” Buckingham says. “But obviously, I took it as a compliment.”

Once he saw the bits, says the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer — who plays today at the Regency Ballroom, promoting his new solo album “Seeds We Sow” — he couldn’t stop laughing.

“Because obviously someone had gotten some footage of the last Fleetwood Mac tour, so Hader seemed to have me down pretty well,” he says. “And the whole premise of never getting to talk somehow? Let’s just say it’s not like that didn’t resonate on some level. Then, of course, (manager) Irving Azoff called up ‘SNL’s’ Lorne Michaels and said, ‘Do you want Lindsey to do a walk-on?’ And he said yeah.”

So on last season’s penultimate episode, Buckingham strolled out in front of his doppelganger for an impromptu jam session with Thompson.

“Seeing the cast go through their paces was amazing,” Buckingham says. “Even when they do the dress rehearsal on Saturday night for an earlier audience, they’re still tweaking it, still moving things around, still pulling sketches. I take my hat off to them, because they’re holding up the legacy of live TV.”

Buckingham was particularly touched when “SNL’s” musically inclined Fred Armisen sought him out to praise his quirky, non-Mac solo albums, from 1981’s “Law and Order” to “Seeds,” which pairs straightforward pop janglers like “Illumination,” “End of Time” and “When She Comes Down” with flamenco-intricate finger-pickers like the title track. He formed his own Buckingham Records to release it.

“A lot of this album is about choices that we all make,” says the Palo Alto-born father of three. “When I look inside my particular little microcosm of family, I find a lot of good things. So whatever’s going on in the world, as frightening as it may be, ironically for me, it’s the best time of my life.”

Read more at the San Francisco Examiner: http://www.sfexaminer.com/entertainm...#ixzz1bNgk0Aoi
Old 10-22-2011, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Lindsey Buckingham finally gets to speak on ‘Saturday Night Live’

By: Tom Lanham | 10/18/11 10:00 PM

New music: Lindsey Buckingham’s sixth solo album is called “Seeds We Sow.” (Courtesy photo)

At first, Fleetwood Mac mainstay Lindsey Buckingham admits to being a tad perplexed: Why was “Saturday Night Live” alum Bill Hader appearing as the guitarist in a recurring “SNL” skit called “What’s Up With That?” as the third, perpetually bumped guest on Kenan Thompson’s campy talk show?

Instead of interviewing his superstar subjects, Thompson breaks into increasingly elaborate soul-revue songs, while Hader’s Buckingham sits silently and sulks.

“When somebody mentioned that Bill Hader was doing me, I thought ‘Gee, that’s kind of obscure,’” Buckingham says. “But obviously, I took it as a compliment.”

Once he saw the bits, says the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer — who plays today at the Regency Ballroom, promoting his new solo album “Seeds We Sow” — he couldn’t stop laughing.

“Because obviously someone had gotten some footage of the last Fleetwood Mac tour, so Hader seemed to have me down pretty well,” he says. “And the whole premise of never getting to talk somehow? Let’s just say it’s not like that didn’t resonate on some level. Then, of course, (manager) Irving Azoff called up ‘SNL’s’ Lorne Michaels and said, ‘Do you want Lindsey to do a walk-on?’ And he said yeah.”

So on last season’s penultimate episode, Buckingham strolled out in front of his doppelganger for an impromptu jam session with Thompson.

“Seeing the cast go through their paces was amazing,” Buckingham says. “Even when they do the dress rehearsal on Saturday night for an earlier audience, they’re still tweaking it, still moving things around, still pulling sketches. I take my hat off to them, because they’re holding up the legacy of live TV.”

Buckingham was particularly touched when “SNL’s” musically inclined Fred Armisen sought him out to praise his quirky, non-Mac solo albums, from 1981’s “Law and Order” to “Seeds,” which pairs straightforward pop janglers like “Illumination,” “End of Time” and “When She Comes Down” with flamenco-intricate finger-pickers like the title track. He formed his own Buckingham Records to release it.

“A lot of this album is about choices that we all make,” says the Palo Alto-born father of three. “When I look inside my particular little microcosm of family, I find a lot of good things. So whatever’s going on in the world, as frightening as it may be, ironically for me, it’s the best time of my life.”

Read more at the San Francisco Examiner: http://www.sfexaminer.com/entertainm...#ixzz1bNgk0Aoi
Unless he got into his stash , he has got to be lying about the couldnt stop laughing at that skit business.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was hoping to see Bill Hader at Lindsey's NYC, just in the audience! But I don't think he was there. Would have been funny though.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Buckingham was particularly touched when “SNL’s” musically inclined Fred Armisen sought him out to praise his quirky, non-Mac solo albums, from 1981’s “Law and Order” to “Seeds,” which pairs straightforward pop janglers like “Illumination,” “End of Time” and “When She Comes Down” with flamenco-intricate finger-pickers like the title track.
seems like it would be more probable to see Fred Armisen at LB's concert.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[For the record, except for Larry David, there is probably no one I exalt more than Ricky Gervais (and I don't leave Steve Merchant out of the exaltation), but I don't like having people insulted to their face like that. Do it as part of your stand up routine, but don't say mean things when the people are in the room].

From an article about Ricky Gervais targets at the next Golden Globes.

http://www.afterelton.com/movies/201...-golden-globes

9. Robert Downey, Jr.

One of Gervais' most widely-criticized jabs last year was an easy dig at Robert Downey, Jr.'s history of drug problems. Gervais has defended the joke, saying that is was misinterpreted and that he honestly thought Downey would find it funny. Given Gervais' tendency to not let a gag rest until it's hit its mark (see also: everything he's ever done), I wouldn't be surprised if he tried again this year. If it doesn't work and Ricky is asked to host again next year, Downey could officially become the Golden Globes equivalent of Lindsey Buckingham on the "What's up with That?" SNL skits.