User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-27-2018, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
That is part of the excitement for me. Let’s see how these new band members mix things up and bring a different sound to these classic songs. I’m psyched.

I'm not there yet--but I appreciate the excitement by many fans
Old 08-27-2018, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
[/B]

I'm not there yet--but I appreciate the excitement by many fans
Maybe it will happen when you see them perform live? I’m looking forward to it. I think the band will all be in a good mood also since the drama is gone.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe it will happen when you see them perform live? I’m looking forward to it. I think the band will all be in a good mood also since the drama is gone.
Going to be honest, at this point, I have no plans to go to a show. I've seen them at least 10 times over the years. Hands down my favorite band ever. TPH close second so you'd think I'd be a bit overjoyed by the change up.
It's inevitable I will see them perform (snippets on line, Ellen, etc). I love Stevie (have seen her solo many times) and love Lindsey. Will fully support their solo efforts.
The manipulation and back pedaling as to what went down isn't sitting well with me as a fan right now. I feel the "perceived" dishonesty around it to be disrespectful to fans who've supported them (like myself) over the years. If they all would have just been forthright from the beginning, I might have a different view. Dramatic perhaps, but hell, it's FM so it's kind of fitting
Old 08-27-2018, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Going to be honest, at this point, I have no plans to go to a show. I've seen them at least 10 times over the years. Hands down my favorite band ever. TPH close second so you'd think I'd be a bit overjoyed by the change up.
It's inevitable I will see them perform (snippets on line, Ellen, etc). I love Stevie (have seen her solo many times) and love Lindsey. Will fully support their solo efforts.
The manipulation and back pedaling as to what went down isn't sitting well with me as a fan right now. I feel the "perceived" dishonesty around it to be disrespectful to fans who've supported them (like myself) over the years. If they all would have just been forthright from the beginning, I might have a different view. Dramatic perhaps, but hell, it's FM so it's kind of fitting
I get it. It’s totally your choice. I kind of feel like no one is telling any details about what happened with Lindsey because it isn’t pretty and it really isn’t any of our business. I know Fleetwood Mac has always been full of drama but now they’re 70 years old. I don’t think they need that anymore. They just need to perform their hearts out and keep us fans interested. Everyone knows I am mostly a Stevie fan however I love Christine. I love the rhythm section of John and Mick. I was never much of a Lindsey fan just because of his personality. I really am not trying to be rude with that he just always rubbed me the wrong way. He’s an awesome guitar player and I hope he does well on his own. His solo stuff just doesn’t interest me.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I get it. It’s totally your choice. I kind of feel like no one is telling any details about what happened with Lindsey because it isn’t pretty and it really isn’t any of our business. I know Fleetwood Mac has always been full of drama but now they’re 70 years old. I don’t think they need that anymore. They just need to perform their hearts out and keep us fans interested. Everyone knows I am mostly a Stevie fan however I love Christine. I love the rhythm section of John and Mick. I was never much of a Lindsey fan just because of his personality. I really am not trying to be rude with that he just always rubbed me the wrong way. He’s an awesome guitar player and I hope he does well on his own. His solo stuff just doesn’t interest me.
Maybe there were 1 or 2 ring leaders but I believe all 5 of them are to blame here. This chapter just adds to the drama! Saddens me this is how it will all potentially end and I do think it leaves an unattractive "footnote" on the band. But like I said--it's FM so the drama is a given
Old 08-27-2018, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe there were 1 or 2 ring leaders but I believe all 5 of them are to blame here. This chapter just adds to the drama! Saddens me this is how it will all potentially end and I do think it leaves an unattractive "footnote" on the band. But like I said--it's FM so the drama is a given
Yeah no one wanted to see them end this way. I think sometimes you just reach your point of no return. I think things are said in anger that can never be taken back. I guess it’s time to go onward and upward at least for another tour and hopefully another few new songs out or even another album.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I'm sure the crybabies will tune in. Lindsey is gone, get over it.
Gone? To where? Oh, you mean FIRED? Yep, fired by the Dreams girl.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison View Post
I understand John. I have been a Fleetwood Mac fan since 1975. This band has given us great music for decades. I never thought that they would still be around at this point in my life. I'm grateful for that. This group of people that make up Fleetwood Mac are flawed humans like all of us. Yes, they have disappointed me and had many missed opportunities, and done stupid and crazy things. But I'm grateful for the run they had and still might have.
Sorry, but I can't be grateful for the way they treated one of their bandmates.
And they're doing it for the money. All of it.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Sorry, but I can't be grateful for the way they treated one of their bandmates.
And they're doing it for the money. All of it.
If there is one thing I know it’s Lindsey is not a victim. He may play a martyr on television and in concert but that mouth got him into too much trouble this time.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

We can't dismiss the Ellen show as mere 'daytime' fare obviously (it's as big as or even bigger than the Oprah show was, right?), but I think it's an interesting choice. Maybe I'm wrong, but ever since SYW, the band's 'tour launch' TV appearances have always been on the major breakfast shows like GMA, right? And whereas the morning show appearances are rather drawn out and involve awkward live interviews, any talking appearances on 'Ellen' tend to be very scripted and very brief. So my take on it is that they knew their post-firing interviews had been disastrous and that 'Ellen' would be a safer bet on that front. They might even forego the talking part altogether (like when Lindsey appeared on 'Ellen' for Under the Skin).
Old 08-27-2018, 08:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

Does Ellen always air mid-afternoon, or will it air in the morning somewhere?
Old 08-27-2018, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlynow View Post
Does Ellen always air mid-afternoon, or will it air in the morning somewhere?
All I can tell you is I know it plays at three in the afternoon where I am.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He may play a martyr on television and in concert
Pot, meet kettle.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Pot, meet kettle.
Oh that hurts so bad. I am not your victim that’s for damn sure. You aren’t important enough to me to feel anything about what you say. You’re just irritating. You know like that fly that buzzes around your head. One day the flyswatter will catch it.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Pot, meet kettle.
Maybe you should try another one of your goat jokes and see if you get any laughs for the 3 million time?