The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 10-14-2018, 09:28 AM
ahafan02's Avatar
ahafan02 ahafan02 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I thought ahafan02 wrote a very reasonable post, but it's too bad you ignored it to just focus on the spelling of "Lindsay." My tablet constantly changes my spelling of Lindsey to Library for some insane reason, but I almost always catch it now. Very weird, but I suspect if I wrote Lindsay, it wouldn't change it to Library.
Exactly...thank you for saying that.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-14-2018, 09:30 AM
ahafan02's Avatar
ahafan02 ahafan02 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
Lol Okay, there are several things wrong with this statement.

First off, Stevie enabled this behavior. She has been back in the band alongside him now for 2 decades and she just now reached her breaking point? We have had proof in the pudding that hes been getting on her nerves since the Destiny Rules doc and the SYW tour, it was incredibly obvious and apparent. If he was such an issue, why wait 20 years? Behavior like his past behavior doesnt spring up out of nowhere. If it was such a big deal, why didnt she leave the band or fire him then? Its telling why this is all happening now; her emotional anchors are gone. Her mom, her dad, Tom....all gone. She has no one to keep her grounded.

Secondly, everyone here knows Lindsey used to have serious issues with his anger and temper so no one is pretending any different. The issue here is how it was handled. What Lindsey said is true, the band is admired for the music, their talent AND the fact they rise above their issues to make timeless beautiful music. This taints that no matter the reality.
Oh please Stevie always gets the blame regardless. There are OTHER members in the band as well. I'm not saying she's never blameless but it's ALWAYS her fault when things go wrong with the band...
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 10-14-2018, 10:55 AM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 13,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahafan02 View Post
Oh please Stevie always gets the blame regardless. There are OTHER members in the band as well. I'm not saying she's never blameless but it's ALWAYS her fault when things go wrong with the band...
I wouldn't say always. I mean, nobody blamed Stevie for the bland filler on Mirage, and nobody blamed Stevie for not letting Christine add some songs to Say You Will. Nobody blamed Stevie for the hiring of Dave Mason or Bekka Bramlett in the Nineties, or the band's declining relevance. Lindsey, Mick, and Christine have all been blamed justifiably for a bunch of things. (But I do blame Stevie for the missed opportunities on the Bella Donna and Wild Heart deluxe editions.)

John is the only one who hasn't been blamed for anything, at least anything big. I think it's high time we started blaming John. To spread the love evenly.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 10-14-2018, 02:35 PM
sodascouts's Avatar
sodascouts sodascouts is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Memphis area
Posts: 4,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahafan02 View Post
Oh I misspelled his name...send me to grammar jail...
The problem is that this mistake is typically made by people who are not very knowledgeable about Lindsey Buckingham, and thus perhaps are not as likely to have informed opinions about him.
__________________
- Nancy


Last edited by sodascouts : 10-14-2018 at 02:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 10-14-2018, 04:39 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is online now
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 19,384
Default

The auto correct on people's phones is doing a number on the spelling of just about everything these days. I've seen the hardcores misspell it too and I just keep reading because I know who they mean anyway. It's a bit petty to correct it between that and the current situation.
__________________
A vaincre sans peril, on triomphe sans gloire.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 10-14-2018, 04:47 PM
sodascouts's Avatar
sodascouts sodascouts is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Memphis area
Posts: 4,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
The auto correct on people's phones is doing a number on the spelling of just about everything these days. I've seen the hardcores misspell it too and I just keep reading because I know who they mean anyway. It's a bit petty to correct it between that and the current situation.
I don't think ahafan ever claimed it was autocorrect, just agreed with you when you presented that as a possibility. Ahafan characterized it as a misspelling.

I actually wouldn't have commented upon it, but when ahafan brought it up again and seemed surprised that anyone cared, I just thought I would explain why this mistake in particular (in this case consistently made over a series of posts) might grate.
__________________
- Nancy

Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 10-15-2018, 06:47 AM
ahafan02's Avatar
ahafan02 ahafan02 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I don't think ahafan ever claimed it was autocorrect, just agreed with you when you presented that as a possibility. Ahafan characterized it as a misspelling.

I actually wouldn't have commented upon it, but when ahafan brought it up again and seemed surprised that anyone cared, I just thought I would explain why this mistake in particular (in this case consistently made over a series of posts) might grate.

OMG seriously? I typed that response on my phone when I was dead tired. How dare you say I'm not knowledgeable enough to have an opinion. Get a life!
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 10-15-2018, 08:59 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 13,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahafan02 View Post
OMG seriously? I typed that response on my phone when I was dead tired. How dare you say I'm not knowledgeable enough to have an opinion. Get a life!
Nancy didn't say anything about your knowledge. She said:

The problem is that this mistake is typically made by people who are not very knowledgeable about Lindsey Buckingham, and thus perhaps are not as likely to have informed opinions about him.

She's right, too. We have enough anecdotal evidence from years on just this forum alone to know this is true. We're all victims of autocorrect, but "Lindsay Buckingham" is still one of the surest indicators of either a brand-new Mac listener or somebody posing as one. Another sure sign is "Chrissy McVie" or "Christie McVie."

However, "Bob Welsh" is not that kind of a sign. Fans with plenty of pedigree misspell his name that way. I could even name one ledgie who does, but I won't because we're all having such a good time. Sincerely, Davit.
__________________

Last edited by David : 10-15-2018 at 09:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 10-15-2018, 09:07 PM
DownOnRodeo's Avatar
DownOnRodeo DownOnRodeo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 3,044
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
My tablet constantly changes my spelling of Lindsey to Library for some insane reason


"Tell me who wrote the Buck of love?"
__________________
Joe
"There were odd sounds in Milwaukee."
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10-16-2018, 12:22 AM
RockyRaccoon RockyRaccoon is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 30
Default

I noticed Stevieís name trending on Twitter the day the Rolling Stone article came out and the majority of the posts were about her appearance on American Horror Story (which aired the same day). Which reminded me that Stevie has a hugely popular following outside her work in Fleetwood Mac as well and those fans probably couldnít care less about the bandís drama in the first place.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 10-16-2018, 04:41 PM
ahafan02's Avatar
ahafan02 ahafan02 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Nancy didn't say anything about your knowledge. She said:

The problem is that this mistake is typically made by people who are not very knowledgeable about Lindsey Buckingham, and thus perhaps are not as likely to have informed opinions about him.

She's right, too. We have enough anecdotal evidence from years on just this forum alone to know this is true. We're all victims of autocorrect, but "Lindsay Buckingham" is still one of the surest indicators of either a brand-new Mac listener or somebody posing as one. Another sure sign is "Chrissy McVie" or "Christie McVie."

However, "Bob Welsh" is not that kind of a sign. Fans with plenty of pedigree misspell his name that way. I could even name one ledgie who does, but I won't because we're all having such a good time. Sincerely, Davit.
I've been listening to Mac/Stevie since the early 80's. Your "theory" is pointless and ignorant. I love that people seem to enjoy belittling other human beings just for a simple error. I'm done with this hateful board. It's no longer a place I want to be in.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10-16-2018, 08:02 PM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 3,865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahafan02 View Post
I've been listening to Mac/Stevie since the early 80's. Your "theory" is pointless and ignorant. I love that people seem to enjoy belittling other human beings just for a simple error. I'm done with this hateful board. It's no longer a place I want to be in.
I can beat that ! I have been listening to Stevi ,Lindsay and Christie Macvey since the mid 70's
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.

Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10-16-2018, 09:49 PM
DownOnRodeo's Avatar
DownOnRodeo DownOnRodeo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 3,044
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahafan02 View Post
I've been listening to Mac/Stevie since the early 80's. Your "theory" is pointless and ignorant. I love that people seem to enjoy belittling other human beings just for a simple error. I'm done with this hateful board. It's no longer a place I want to be in.
If that's how you react to the ever courteous and reasonable Nancy and David, I hope for your own sake that you follow through on your pronouncement before you run into some of the other members here.

Pointlessly and ignorantly yours,
__________________
Joe
"There were odd sounds in Milwaukee."
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10-16-2018, 10:15 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is online now
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 19,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I can beat that ! I have been listening to Stevi ,Lindsay and Christie Macvey since the mid 70's
She's the blonde one, right?
__________________
A vaincre sans peril, on triomphe sans gloire.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 10-19-2018, 04:20 PM
jcalzaretta jcalzaretta is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 441
Default

I don't this should matter about her due to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

I wish I knew all that everyone claims to know to conclude Stevie is solely at fault and how they now hate her. We have heard a lot of stuff over the years to blame Lindsey too. I don't why we cannot be sad about what happened and not be so critical and hateful.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo
$20.0
1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo picture35 mm PHOTO SLIDE TRANSPARENCY #887 BEKKA BRAMLETT singer song writer
$1.49
35 mm PHOTO SLIDE TRANSPARENCY #887   BEKKA BRAMLETT  singer  song writer picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved