User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-15-2017, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post

"With regard to Stevie potentially touring Australia later this year, I don't want her setting foot in my country. I'd prefer she stay home and retain what's left of her dignity. She's too old and shabby for the stage but potentially well suited to occasional studio work.
Ooooh you are funny...
My Ipad was playing up when I read this, so couldn't get my reply in
But I laughed so much I had a coughing fit....

Poor woman being "old and shabby" and put out to the grass of studio work only.....hahahaha.
Put your wooden spoon away, you bad boy!!!
Old 06-15-2017, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
But that award would go to the writers.
I think there's one for writing and one for performance. I think.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I think there's one for writing and one for performance. I think.
I believe that's the Grammys. Song of the Year for the writer and Record of the Year for the performer.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
An Academy Award for best song in a motion picture is actually a possibility. BTW where are people seeing the soundtrack for sale? I can't find it on amazon.
lol that is even less likely to happen than the BM album winning a grammy. not with this random, 24% on rotten tomatoes movies.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:18 PM
Junior Ledgie

Ok so was there someone else singing with her? It kind of sounds like Sharon Celani in the background. Can anyone confirm?
Old 06-16-2017, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
lol that is even less likely to happen than the BM album winning a grammy. not with this random, 24% on rotten tomatoes movies.
Yep that is why on the other thread I mentioned that she can still perform at the Razzie awards.

Old 06-16-2017, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yep that is why on the other thread I mentioned that she can still perform at the Razzie awards.
she needs to pick some better projects to add to soundtracks. she honestly has the weirdest taste.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A song can still be good even if the movie it's featured in sucks. Wasn't Endless Love nominated for an Oscar? But the movie was panned. There are literally hundreds of examples... including Christine McVie singing Can't Help Falling in Love, from the appropriately named movie A Fine Mess, starring the great thespian Howie Mandel lol!
Old 06-16-2017, 03:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What a surprise! She sounds great (and looks SENSATIONAL in the writer's selfie, especially for someone so old and shabby), and I think there are parts of the song that sound very much like one of hers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Stevie got some air time promoting this new song on channel 9 this morning, with positive reviews.. They didn't mention a solo tour here in OZ, but FM will be back sometime in the future.
I really want to see her solo again! I'm putting off booking a holiday in October in case she wasn't talking out of her hat and really does tour then
Old 06-16-2017, 03:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
A song can still be good even if the movie it's featured in sucks. Wasn't Endless Love nominated for an Oscar? But the movie was panned. There are literally hundreds of examples... including Christine McVie singing Can't Help Falling in Love, from the appropriately named movie A Fine Mess, starring the great thespian Howie Mandel lol!
Those hundreds of examples of nice songs from crappy movies like Christine's cover of Can't Help Falling in Love were not given Oscars or anything close to it.
And yes, Endless Love was nominated for an Oscar, in spite of coming from a crappy movie. But Endless Love was written and produced by LIONEL RITCHIE, performed by him and the great Diana Ross during the prime of their careers and is often considered the greatest duet ever. A pretty, but ultimately throwaway to most people, song performed by Stevie Nicks over 30 years after the prime of her career that she did not even write and obviously did not produce, on the soundtrack of a flop movie is not going to be winning any awards.
Look at all the songs that have won the past couple of years: two of the James Bond songs, Glory from Selma, the song from La La Land, even Let it Go from Frozen. All from huge, huge, critically acclaimed movies that were nominated for many awards.

**I don't mean to be a negative nellie, but for anyone honestly hopeful that she might be nominated or something, don't be because odds are she won't.

Last edited by dreamsunwind; 06-16-2017 at 03:51 AM..
Old 06-16-2017, 05:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If Stevie is 30 years past her prime, then so are Lindsey and Christine. Wouldn't you agree? Just like Elton John, Sting, Genesis, etc.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
WE GET IT. You DON'T LIKE BUCKINGHAM MCVIE....let it go all ready. This is Stevie singing ANOTHER persons song. At least BuckVie are still writing new stuff.
just because Stevie is not RECORDING ANY NEW SELF WRITTEN music
doesn't mean she's not writing any.
Stevie can do whatever she wants. Doesn't have to live to please certain Ledgies.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Stevie got some air time promoting this new song on channel 9 this morning, with positive reviews.. They didn't mention a solo tour here in OZ, but FM will be back sometime in the future.
Stevie will be here in Nov for my birthday
she never lets me down
she's always here in Nov/Dec
maybe one day our paths will cross
24KG in the US was SOOO SOOO good
my fave show i've ever seen of hers.

Quote:
An Academy Award for best song in a motion picture is actually a possibility. BTW where are people seeing the soundtrack for sale? I can't find it on amazon.
OH MY GAWD
can you imagine her performing it live at the Oscars
i'd die
just Stevie and a piano or whatever

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 06-16-2017 at 05:42 AM.. Reason: new quote
Old 06-16-2017, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
If Stevie is 30 years past her prime, then so are Lindsey and Christine. Wouldn't you agree? Just like Elton John, Sting, Genesis, etc.
Yes I do agree, which is exactly why I said she stands even less chance of winning an Oscar than BM does of winning a Grammy (unless it's in some super miniscure category but even then). Hence meaning I don't think these days they stand much of a chance.
And I love Stevie but I'd never place her in the same tier as Elton John.

Like I said before, you very clearly have a Stevie favoritism that shows in just about everything you post.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What a special song! I love the vocal against the colors of the production. Did she write this? Musically, it's all her, but lyrically it sounds like a departure for her.