Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-16-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
btw guys, thanks to you all, Christine forum seems to be by far the most fun to visit and have some interesting back and forth convos here on TL these days!
I love having you here!! I'm going to pop in the Lindsey forum more often.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
They're so fun to do, especially when new scenes come up.

and this is Lindsey's little demon

Feel free to make a million of these... they are awesome!!
Old 11-16-2013, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They're so fun to do, especially when new scenes come up.

and this is Lindsey's little demon

I spotted those on your avatar picture earlier today - just brilliant! They really suit her.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
btw guys, thanks to you all, Christine forum seems to be by far the most fun to visit and have some interesting back and forth convos here on TL these days!
Oh c'mon. I know you enjoy doing the Chiff Shuffle dance.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"I moustache you a question."

This would probably be my Christmas icon

Remember those flower crowns that used to be popular online during Hannibal season?

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 11-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

oh those deserve 2 blobs

that was such a shock I wasn't expecting to see her with a moustache, and definitely not a hair dryer. Oh don't you just love 'er!
Old 11-16-2013, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
oh those deserve 2 blobs

that was such a shock I wasn't expecting to see her with a moustache, and definitely not a hair dryer. Oh don't you just love 'er!
The thing is that the hair dryer is legit.

She looks good with a moustache.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 11-16-2013, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The thing is that the hair dryer is legit.
I could tell - that's what makes it extra funny

I really need to cook my dinner....I keep trying, and then I end up back on here... I'm starting to feel faint
Old 11-16-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
I could tell - that's what makes it extra funny

I really need to cook my dinner....I keep trying, and then I end up back on here... I'm starting to feel faint
We are the few, but might!
Old 11-16-2013, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I love having you here!! I'm going to pop in the Lindsey forum more often.
awww - and, quite a different reaction than i get when visiting some other forums.

yes, please do!

Quote:
We are the few, but might!

it's the quality, not the quantity that counts.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think this pretty much sums it up. Their relationship to me seems like the kind that would spend lots of time arguing and bickering a lot, but they have this brother/sister bond that will never go away either. And given the present circumstances, 1. Chris would probably re-join full time and 2. Lindsey would welcome it with open arms.
I don't think they did spend a lot of time arguing though. We certainly don't have any comments to that effect. The fact that they had known each other such a short time when they wrote World Turning says a lot. Even Stevie didn't like it because she said she and Lindsey had never written a song together in all of those years. I'm sure Stevie and Lindsey DID fight and that's why they didn't write together, but she still was a little jealous that he could do it with someone else so easily.

While we've heard that Christine rebuked him for taunting Stevie on stage, no one says that they argued over the music. I think Christine and Lindsey give in to each other not because they knock heads but because they respect each other. When Christine gave that interview (I think it's the same one where she talked about her dog being lost and Curry was there) and said that you just listen to what the people in the band had to say and respect them, even when they're wrong, I think she was probably talking about Lindsey. She didn't agree with him all the time, but she gave in to him and he gave in to her just because of personal regard and respect. I think that's what Stevie means when she said Lindsey listened to Christine. She didn't browbeat him or vice versa. He listened to her just because he liked her.

When they talk about Tango and Chris discusses what they wrote together, they don't talk about a lot of conflict between themselves at all. In fact the fighting comes up when Stevie enters the equation. Remember that interview where Christine told the interviewer she'd give him 3 guesses as to why Lindsey left the band, referring to Stevie?
I don't think he argues a lot with Christine (or maybe he didn't but they did during SYW).

By contrast, I think he likes to argue with John and Stevie and doesn't tend to give in to them. As for Mick he seems like the one who gives Lindsey his way to keep the peace, but he's also the one who can get Lindsey to do things to. He is the convincer and gets everyone to do things, eventually.

Michele
Old 11-16-2013, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I have always maintained this position. THAT'S why he'd rather not have her around. She's the only one with enough balls to stand up to him. Everyone else backs down from him, except Chris.
I don't think Christine stands up to him, unless the group is arguing. In that case, she might tell him or anyone else to "shut up". Other than that, I don't think there's a lot to stand up to him against. There's no evidence that he did anything that anyone disagreed with, except for Tusk and she certainly didn't stand up to him on that one. I don't think she liked it then or likes it now, but she didn't stop it.

Stevie says that Christine'll tell Lindsey she didn't like his Tusk songs and won't play them on stage, but she sure didn't stop them from being recorded and never stopped him from doing what he wanted to on stage. But I don't think anyone had the sense they were doing anything against their will. I think they thought that Lindsey had good judgment. When Mick said they were all his marionettes or Christine said they formed a bed on which he could roll around and do whatever he wanted, I don't think it's because any of them are intimidated by Lindsey. I think it's because they felt that:

1. His ideas are good ones.
2. He works obsessively and will execute those ideas, to the benefit of FM as a whole.

I think they feel that he turned to out to be right with Rumours and so they trusted his vision ever since. Maybe things that they thought sounded just fine the first take, improved because he insisted they do 20 more takes. They didn't want to at the time, but it ended up paying off so big that after that they didn't argue. If Rumours had never been a hit, he never would have gotten so much power in the band.

They did that interview together and Christine said she should not dare say it with Lindsey sitting right next to her, but no one can make her songs sound the way he does. I think she believed that and that's why he got his way in the band. Stevie doesn't believe that about Lindsey anymore, but in the seventies and eighties, they all did.

Michele
Old 11-16-2013, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When I met Ken, he mentioned that nobody will stand up to LB. He also stated that LB is extremely fond of Christine.
Where are the examples that Christine stood up to Lindsey anyway? Aside from the one story that she threw a drink in his face and slapped him, who has ever said that she stood up to him? Who has ever said that he did anything that needed standing up against?

Stevie has said that Christine would run their rehearsals, but that's not something that it sounds like Lindsey was trying to run anyway. When we hear outtakes, Lindsey is not trying to direct that stuff. In fact, Lindsey is pretty quiet on the audio tapes. Stevie is talking, but no one is listening to her. Lindsey is not even talking that much. I think Christine and Lindsey both had their place in the band and it didn't require either of them to keep the other in check very often, because their roles were quite distinct and separate, not causing them to knock heads a lot.

I think if Lindsey had a problem with Christine it had nothing to do with her personality. It had to do with the fact that keyboards had to be arranged into songs where he would not normally have had as much of that, left to his own devices. So, I think many times, he would have tried to do something with a guitar, making it sound close to a piano, but because she was there, he had to work in a piano. And when she was gone he no longer had to work in a piano as much. The funny thing is -- sometimes he has more piano than you'd expect from him on songs without Christine. And also she sure had more guitar on Meantime than I think she needed. It's like they complained about each other, but then they tried to compensate for each other's absence.

Michele
Old 11-16-2013, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The closest (which is not a lot) would be those backstage videos from the Rumours era and this part with Lindsey not wanting to do an interview and Christine goes "it's only 8 o'clock in the morning. it's not like it's f***ing midnight" or somthing like that. If any bickering did happen at some point, that would most likely be behind the scenes.
Well, there's the video where he is going out to have French food. She is not saying anything to him, although she would like to go. She doesn't think it's fair that he is leaving and she has to stay. She whines to Mick instead. She doesn't say anything to Lindsey.

Michele
Old 11-16-2013, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yes and yes.

about EP, i don't know. i kinda hate it that LB went back to the formula there, but i really don't understand how all the people who seem to be so fond of FM formula dislike it so much.
Well, it's probably because the tastes of FM fans is not as generic as you think it is. I don't think there's anyone sitting around saying, "Wow, I am so fond of FM formula!" There's a complexity to the good FM music that was not found in the EP, but I quite liked the EP and am glad to have it.

Michele