The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if this is the re-working of ITM that Martin Wyatt mentioned?

I hope it's new material. If it is it's great news.

I wonder if she's fallen in love again?

Gail
Old 11-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey! Maybe that's why Fleetwood Mac is going to tour FIRST & then think about recording after -- to record with Chris in the fold again.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Of course, I hope this is for real. But I'm not getting excited yet. I've never heard of "Pause and Play." A reputable source? And the listing says "Title TBA" and "Label TBA." Sounds tentative at best. We've all been disappointed by 'rumours' before ... so let's just wait and see. (But Chris herself said: I'll be coming home again ... just you wait and see.)

I hope to see some confirmation of this from other sources soon!
This website(Pause and Play) did list ITM in the beginning too, also with both the album title & label(TBA). I'm not sure where they get their info....maybe somewhere on the web.

If this info is legitimate, it wouldn't surprise me if that spring 2009 release date is pushed back. That what happened with ITM.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Can you believe it? I have been waiting wishing hoping
I know. It usually has taken her 15-20 years to put out any of her solo albums. Five years is FAST, FAST for her.

I really, really, really hope this is true.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
I wonder if this is the re-working of ITM that Martin Wyatt mentioned?

I hope it's new material. If it is it's great news.

I wonder if she's fallen in love again?

Gail
Of course, she could have broken up again, which probably gets the creative fluids flowing even more.

Michele
Old 11-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I agree! And it's so intriguing to me how much the tables have turned. In this decade, Chris and Lindsey will have put out TWICE the number of solo albums individually that Stevie has. Just think of it this way:

1980s
Stevie: 4
Lindsey: 2
Christine: 1

1990s
Stevie: 1
Lindsey: 1
Christine: 0

2000s
Stevie: 1
Lindsey: 2
Christine: 2

I guess it has something to do with the fact the 2000s have been the least productive decade ever for Fleetwood Mac with only ONE studio album . I just love too how Lindsey and Christine have not only become more prolific, but they're also making the best music in their lives in my opinion.
It could be that some writers have a certain amount of songs in them and Nicks got most of hers out of the way earlier.I agree Lindsey's recent albums have been stellar but IMHO Christine was always best heard in the context of Fleetwood Mac and more particularly a Fleetwood Mac with Lindsey Buckingham in it.Her Fleetwood Mac singles from 1975 -1987 are among the finest runs in the history of pop/rock IMO.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
It could be that some writers have a certain amount of songs in them and Nicks got most of hers out of the way earlier.I agree Lindsey's recent albums have been stellar but IMHO Christine was always best heard in the context of Fleetwood Mac and more particularly a Fleetwood Mac with Lindsey Buckingham in it.Her Fleetwood Mac singles from 1975 -1987 are among the finest runs in the history of pop/rock IMO.
Now see I think ITM is her best work. Her voice sounds fantastic there and almost every song is damn good. "Friend" and "Anything is Possible" would have been monster hits if they were recorded with Mac, with perhaps only a touch or two of different arranging. "Forgiveness" happens to be one of her most satisfying songs. And she turns in an amazing performance on "Calumny," where she actually illuminates the lyrics, makes them mean something beyond an "oh, daddy, I love you baby" sort of thing.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Now see I think ITM is her best work. Her voice sounds fantastic there
She's the only one left from "Rumours" with an excellent voice.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Mick's voice has not changed at all. It's still beautiful.

I agree that Christine's vocal interpretation of Calumny is what makes it so great, but I also think that about Northern Star. Casting stones, throwing bones. She sounds weary, yearning, and there's an aged knowledge in the way she turns the phrases.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 11-22-2008 at 05:09 PM..
Old 11-22-2008, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I agree completely. She has the best voice by far right now. Lindsey tends to scream and growl more so then sing these days and Stevie is hit and miss. In TO 2003 on the SYW tour with some exceptions her voice was way too nazel sounding. Yet when I saw her in Philly on the 2 Voices tour she was great. I would love Christine to come back and do one last tour with the band. It would be a great way for the band to go out on a high note.

Matt
Old 11-22-2008, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would love Christine to come back and do one last tour with the band. It would be a great way for the band to go out on a high note.
That's what 'The Dance' was supposed to be. The other four of them just kept at it after that tour, which should have been the beautiful ending. At least, I'm sure that's the way Chris considered it.

'In the Meantime' and the rumoured new solo album are Christine's retirement projects. Being in a band was her career, but she's retired now. A lot of people do a few projects in their field after their real working days are done. It just happens that Chris' first retirement project ('ITM') was superb, and we can hope for the same from the next one, if there is a next one.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
That's what 'The Dance' was supposed to be. The other four of them just kept at it after that tour, which should have been the beautiful ending. At least, I'm sure that's the way Chris considered it.
I'm not sure Chris considered it the final note until once the tour was underway and she realized the lifestyle was something she wanted to be done with completely. I don't think they went into it thinking it would be the end. In fact, the majority of them probably went in expecting to add more tour dates eventually. That's the thing about the Dance tour: it was the end but I don't think the band knew it and, as a fan, I didn't know it was the end. I thought it was the beginning of something. If I knew that the 5 would not be together again, I would have approached the tour with a different mindset. I would like a chance to say goodbye, knowing it is goodbye.

Michele
Old 11-23-2008, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'm not sure Chris considered it the final note until once the tour was underway and she realized the lifestyle was something she wanted to be done with completely. I don't think they went into it thinking it would be the end. In fact, the majority of them probably went in expecting to add more tour dates eventually. That's the thing about the Dance tour: it was the end but I don't think the band knew it and, as a fan, I didn't know it was the end. I thought it was the beginning of something. If I knew that the 5 would not be together again, I would have approached the tour with a different mindset. I would like a chance to say goodbye, knowing it is goodbye.
I knew it was the end, well of that incarnation of Fleetwood Mac anyway. Christine made her intentions known on "Time" as to her views of her future with Fleetwood Mac. But, when "The Dance" came together, I think she thought it would be a nicer way to retire from the band. I think she went into it with the notion that it would be the grand send-off. But, I think it also became clear during that time that Stevie and Lindsey had unfinished musical business, and that Mick and John wanted to keep going.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I knew it was the end, well of that incarnation of Fleetwood Mac anyway. Christine made her intentions known on "Time" as to her views of her future with Fleetwood Mac.
Yes, I knew what her intentions were at the Time time -- even her lyrics tell the story of how she is feeling. Heck, even ealier, as soon as her father died, she said she wanted to go. However, in 1997, I didn't know whether or not she'd gotten a second wind, now that the 5 of them were back together. I don't think she told the band that it was the end until after the tour started. Then, they tried to coax her into staying, but that's when it became clear that her mind was made up. Going into the tour, I thought all of them might be up for a new beginning. Michele
Old 11-23-2008, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't believe I'm gonna' say this, but I'm glad she left. I wasn't initially, but Say You Will was the most interesting FM record since Tusk, and In the Meantime was among Christine's best music of her entire career. Everyone seemed to benefit--at least on the records--from this new configuration: Stevie and Lindsey had more space to stretch and experiment, not always successfully; and Christine had a chance to prove to the world--and herself--that an entire record of her songs could be as exciting and rewarding as any MAC blockbuster of yore.

Think of the great songs that probably never would have made it to record had the band continued with the Rumors lineup: "Everybody Finds Out"; "Murrow"; "Bad Journey," "Forgiveness," and "Calumny."