User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-07-2005, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Took my 1976 Eric Clapton concert program around to the other members of Fleetwood Mac to have them autograph it, then returned it to me just as the house lights went down.

Wow that is cool! She is a classy lady for sure.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
But didn't they let Danny get away with similar antics for awhile before they let him go? Still, they did actually let him go.
Well, I'm not sure about the plural, but after his one famous one that was captured for eternity in Mick's book, he was outta there that night.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
Which would have ROCKED!!! I love Lindsey, don't get me wrong. But Fleetwood Mac with Eric Clapton...all I can say is And, it would have worked, as there were really only about four or five hit songs that were in his set around that time. So, they could have done those as well as some of the Mac's blues material. BTW, I'm not so sure EC would have said no, as this choice quote from Lindsey himself over on Madness Fades suggests:

"When Eric Clapton hangs out with Mick or us he’s always saying, “God, I wish I was in a band again.” That’s because the burden is all on him. It’s just not the same when, as a leader, you’re paying people a certain amount each week to play with you. The balance of power is not the same, and it drains you. Bob Welch had a couple of successful solo albums, but now I think he misses being in a group where people will give you honest feedback, tell you when you’ve got your head up your ass. You need that thing when other people in the band have as much at stake as you do. We could certainly all do solo albums, but that wouldn’t be the death of Fleetwood Mac. There are still good creative ties and I think we all still enjoy - and need - the feedback we get from the group situation. I can’t imagine not feeling that way anytime soon.
BAM, January 1981"
That would have been my dream Fleetwood Mac line-up: Mick, John, Chris & Eric. I'd never seen that LB quote before, but I had always assumed that Clapton would have said no, if asked to join. Maybe not....
Old 06-07-2005, 11:19 AM

Christine sent me an autographed picture when I was 16. I had written an essay about her for a school project and sent it to Warner Brothers. The pic has a few sentences from her (an inside joke about her show) and her sig.

She's a great human being that I will love and respect til I die.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
Hmm...this may be just a coincidence, but there appear to be ALOT of Christine McVie songs in this set.
And my list was written with NO prejudice! I HONESTLY tried to think of a couple more -you know who- songs that I'm not SICK TO DEATH of.
Dreams, GDW, Landslide. Good songs that I'm just TIRED of hearing. Go away.
If they ever tour again, they need to do SOMETHING NEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quit shamelessly promoting a 30 year old album!
But, back to my list, these are songs that David and I (and Chili?) are going to be playing, so it's not like Christine will be singing them. They're my favorite "songs", not performances.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
Christine sent me an autographed picture when I was 16. I had written an essay about her for a school project and sent it to Warner Brothers. The pic has a few sentences from her (an inside joke about her show) and her sig.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! That is so cool!
Old 06-07-2005, 01:21 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

That is a really nice story.

-Lis
Old 06-07-2005, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! That is so cool!

When I opened it up I had no idea it was coming. I came months after I sent the essay. I was glowing that whole month.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

That's a great story. What a nice thing for her to do for a 16 year old kid.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

WAY COOL!

And, from my experience with her, I agree with your assessment.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
That would have been my dream Fleetwood Mac line-up: Mick, John, Chris & Eric. I'd never seen that LB quote before, but I had always assumed that Clapton would have said no, if asked to join. Maybe not....
Also, keep in mind that his career wasn't so hot in 1980. He had a few hit singles, but overall, he was releasing some so-so albums at best during this time. I could easily see him being open to working with a band, for a lot of the same reasons Lindsey mentioned.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-07-2005, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
Also, keep in mind that his career wasn't so hot in 1980. He had a few hit singles, but overall, he was releasing some so-so albums at best during this time. I could easily see him being open to working with a band, for a lot of the same reasons Lindsey mentioned.
Let's also not forget that Eric ended up in critical condition with bleeding ulcers the size of grapefruits (due to excessive alcohol abuse) around the end of 1980/early 1981 cancelling his own Another Ticket tour. We almost lost him then. That's when he FINALLY cleaned up his act.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:25 PM

He and John Mick and Stevie could have hung out at Betty Ford. I would have consulted them out here on how to proceed as a band!
Old 06-07-2005, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Let's also not forget that Eric ended up in critical condition with bleeding ulcers the size of grapefruits (due to excessive alcohol abuse) around the end of 1980/early 1981 cancelling his own Another Ticket tour. We almost lost him then. That's when he FINALLY cleaned up his act.
Very true. And hanging out with the McVies in those days certainly wouldn't have helped. Still, I think he might have considered joining the band. Because, from what I remember, it was getting together with Phil Collins in the mid '80s that really helped him get back to being a commercially successful artist. That's why I think he would have said yes in 1980, but not in 1987.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-07-2005, 05:50 PM

I'm pretty sure he started working with Eric Clapton around 1983.