Old 10-16-2018, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I fear that those are not the lyrics.

http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/penguin/...ittledemon.htm

This is what Lindsey said the song is about:

And this is how a team of Ledge contributors interpreted that stanza back in the day:

Beware of the subtitles on The Dance DVD--they're often hilariously wrong and make little sense (like "big dog little dog").
There's one during Stevie's furious climax to "Silver Springs" that says "Words are fool" or something instead of "Was I such a fool."
What he's saying is he'll hit anything when his demon isn't little.
I hear big dog little dog.
Some of those interpretations are hilariously bad.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I agree with all of this. It bothers me to watch this video. I think those who criticize Stevie for this speech are missing the context. This is not her typical endless self-absorbed speech (which I always love because she never used to talk much). She’s in an emotional state. She is never a good public speaker and she’s struggling, resulting in rambling. I am quite certain of this.
I find Stevie's six-minute speech very endearing and engaging. But then I usually do. She's a born charmer, and she visibly charms the audience. You can see their delight.

Quote:
And to see her friends and longtime teammates poking fun of her, causing the audience to laugh without her knowing why, is disturbing. Lindsey is not the only one at fault.
I'm also charmed—always have been—by the other four when they're grouped together at an event like this. I find their cavorting and the subtle Brit antics very funny. That discrepancy between Stevie's earnest, heartfelt words and the Ritz Brothers response from the other four is, to me, at the heart of Fleetwood Mac's crowd appeal, onstage or off.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-16-2018, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Damn you're funny.
That's MY Lindsey! I may actually miss him...
Old 10-16-2018, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I find Stevie's six-minute speech very endearing and engaging. But then I usually do. She's a born charmer, and she visibly charms the audience. You can see their delight.

I'm also charmed—always have been—by the other four when they're grouped together at an event like this. I find their cavorting and the subtle Brit antics very funny. That discrepancy between Stevie's earnest, heartfelt words and the Ritz Brothers response from the other four is, to me, at the heart of Fleetwood Mac's crowd appeal, onstage or off.
the Ritz Brothers? I hear they're crackers.
Old 10-16-2018, 04:49 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Really?

Depends on one's definitions of "good" and "public" I suppose, but if "prolific" and "in front of people" count, then she should get a Tony.

Wasn't her college major Communications?

Now Christine on the other hand, no one would suggest that she is a natural at public speaking (I mean extended speaking, not just emcee one-liners here and there). Christine never even looks like she's enjoying the attention. Stevie at least comes across as enjoying--even feeding off--the attention and the platform, and hence she seems like a natural public speaker to me. Needless to say though, I wouldn't like her chances of managing to do, say, a TED talk, reading off the script (like Mick seems to be doing in some of his speech here) and within the allotted 20 mins.

(Edit) Which is a shame (re Christine), since she has such an awesome sultry speaking voice. She could woo me until the sun comes up reading the Yellow Pages.
No doubt she is prolific. But she learned little in college as she is never concise, relies too much on memorized/rehearsed pieces, and her nervousness comes across when she starts to ramble. I remember her Beauty and the Beast story during Wild Heart tour - “I um, just want to take a few minutes to talk about this song” then proceeded to tell a nearly incoherent story.

I think she has, over time, come to enjoy speaking even though she isn’t very good at it. The Gypsy story, which I think I’m the person who enjoyed it, and the 24K touris evidence of that.

I think she should have been cut a break with her MusiCares speech. She was dealing with a major loss, who knows what kind of tensions FM were having, Bill Clinton was in the audience, and the point of the award was really unclear. She tried, she failed, and her teammates openly mocked her behind her back in front of an audience. Should she have been more graceful and talked more about FM? Yes. Did she deserve to be treated poorly by the band? No.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No doubt she is prolific. But she learned little in college as she is never concise, relies too much on memorized/rehearsed pieces, and her nervousness comes across when she starts to ramble. I remember her Beauty and the Beast story during Wild Heart tour - “I um, just want to take a few minutes to talk about this song” then proceeded to tell a nearly incoherent story.

I think she has, over time, come to enjoy speaking even though she isn’t very good at it. The Gypsy story, which I think I’m the person who enjoyed it, and the 24K touris evidence of that.

I think she should have been cut a break with her MusiCares speech. She was dealing with a major loss, who knows what kind of tensions FM were having, Bill Clinton was in the audience, and the point of the award was really unclear. She tried, she failed, and her teammates openly mocked her behind her back in front of an audience. Should she have been more graceful and talked more about FM? Yes. Did she deserve to be treated poorly by the band? No.
I'm not buying the major loss stuff.
Old 11-02-2018, 05:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I will defend Stevies right to have an abortion as much as I defend that right for anyone. It is not our place to judge a woman in that situation. Stevie had her reasons, no matter if you, I or anyone else on this planet understands them, they made sense to her. Yes, I know that she had 4, but that does not change my take on that..
I'm sorry. Let me get this straight. Stevie had FOUR abortions?! Is that public record?

Leaving the aside the morality and politics of the issue (please), almost no woman can have four abortions and not be deeply traumatized. Even one is traumatic.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
I'm sorry. Let me get this straight. Stevie had FOUR abortions?! Is that public record?

Leaving the aside the morality and politics of the issue (please), almost no woman can have four abortions and not be deeply traumatized. Even one is traumatic.
We're not supposed to talk about that here.

I mean, it's allowed, but Chiffonheads become UNGLUED when you bring it up.

But apparently, yeah, it looks like $he had four abortions.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post

I really still maintain my belief that, had the woman gone ahead and had that baby, and by necessity had to have grown up in the process by the mere fact of having to put someone before her own darn spoiled self from then on, she might have turned out a tolerable human being.
Now, Oh my word. What a sad caricature of a creature in every sense of the word. It just goes to show one about choices.

MOO

Sas

Wait. Which baby?! There were multiple. Sadly, they would have been born Cocaine addicted Babies. Or Fetal Alchohol Syndrome Babies. Sadly. A cat is a better mother.

But I agree. She mist be insane with jelousy that LBs gonads didnt dry up at 50 years old and he had a family, while hers turned slowly to (gold?) dust
Old 11-02-2018, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
people don’t seem to agree with me that at 4:34, Linsey makes the masturbation motion that people make when someone goes on too long or too arrogantly. Does no one else see this motion? Not fireable offense but not just a smirk either.
Maybe (just maybe), he spots someone in the audience making such a gesture and points it out to Christine. I don't think so, however. His arm is too high.

Last edited by cbBen; 11-02-2018 at 11:18 AM..
Old 11-02-2018, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

This is interesting to watch:
Old 11-02-2018, 03:48 PM
bombaysaffires
This message has been deleted by bombaysaffires.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
This is interesting to watch:
Dayum! Lindsey looks really bored-slash-mad.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-02-2018, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would like to know what question Stevie asked, to which Lindsey shook his head.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I would like to know what question Stevie asked, to which Lindsey shook his head.
Possibly "Would you mind smiling a bit so that everyone thinks you're somewhat happy to be here?"

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-02-2018, 07:47 PM
bombaysaffires
This message has been deleted by bombaysaffires.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Dayum! Lindsey looks really bored-slash-mad.
yeah but that's often his approach to photo shoots. If you watch, there are definitely a few moments where he breaks a little smile, but when he's "ON" for the cameras, he's doing his "serious artiste" face.....