User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:40 AM
Senior Ledgie

Heart 14/10/2013 - Stuttgart

Lindsey chillin' during Micks Drum Solo:

I had a lovely time and I'm glad that - after Cologne - I decided to go a second time.
I would say Stevie was more engaged than the last time, she dedicated Landslide to Mary and gave a lovely speech for Without You.

Lindsey on the other hand somehow did seem a bit off (at least playing his solos). Anyway: especially towards the end the venue came to life, so very good show!
Old 10-15-2013, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by missundercover View Post
Stevie was more engaged than the last time, she dedicated Landslide to Mary and gave a lovely speech for Without You.
I'm glad you had a great time and that you got to see them twice. Stevie dedicated Landslide to Mary once when I saw her solo in Connecticut a few years ago.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Chain by Dj Neck Attack

Gypsy (snippet) by Gaby with y

Tusk by MrFlottmann1

Last edited by vivfox; 10-15-2013 at 11:39 AM..
Old 10-15-2013, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Had to put this through Goggle Translate, so it's a little hard to understand.

Oldies night , part 2 : Fleetwood Mac in the Schleyer Hall (part 1 is a review of Peter Gabriel, not sure why this is part 2)

Tuesday 15 October 2013 , 11.00 clock

To speak of Fleetwood Mac " original cast " is difficult. Finally, there is the band very, very long time. Thank the time before the album " Rumours" is also largely unknown - and if so, it is probably a very different target audience.

The best-known cast of Fleetwood Mac was missing this evening in the Schleyer Halle , unfortunately, a person: Christine McVie . Otherwise, the musicians were present with Stevie Nicks, Lindsay Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie , which have shaped the band's style in recent decades and were responsible for the most successful albums .

The pair discussed next with whether the speaker on the stage did not hang lower yesterday. So I'm obviously not the only one presenting itself within 24 hours, a second time in the Schleyer Halle . My seat is also a significant improvement : In the not so acute angle to the stage and a little higher . In addition, the stage is also much more open design than the previous day and not so fitted. Gadgets are therefore not expected to be limited to a colorful light show.

Fleetwood Mac Despite Gong , urging the viewer to find their places , leaves the band first coming. But then they finally appear , the same place with " Second Hand News" going on and all is forgotten .

The anniversary of the album "Rumours " may once have been the reason to go on this tour , but it is not the focus and it also does not even try to play it completely . As well - who should play the part of Christine McVie in " Songbird " ?

Lindsay Buckingham, Stevie Nicks Instead, it goes straight through the creative periods of the band. There is also a small acoustic part ( with a brilliant slow motion version of " Never going back again" ) . Another part is expressly and pleasure dedicated to the legendary " bankruptcy album " " Tusk " . Only thing missing was that also a marching band would be pulled across the stage - but we had to content ourselves with a slightly distorted excerpts from the Tusk video.

The audience was delighted to hear that the band is apparently working on new songs. An example of a piece called " Sad Angel" , there were also listen to - a typical brisk Fleetwood Mac song. If the rest of the new material similarly fails, which is a good album .

The Band The regular part of the evening finally ended with " Go Your Own Way" ( not really nice, but pretty loud). Then there were two encores twice - one for heating (including " Do not Stop" ) and one for cooling ( the last song was , appropriately, " Say Goodbye " ) . And then there were two speeches : a longer and a shorter Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood . Tenor : The thanks the audience for their loyalty over the years and that they can have their dream job because of it. A nice touch , I thought.

Conclusion

A very nice and entertaining evening . The musicians ( especially Lindsey Buckingham, of his extensive solos clearly much fun had ) even makes live to see clearly that , as much as the band's albums might sound like a mainstream commodity, here just yet true thoroughbred professionals on are working . There is no reason to be ashamed because you like the music of Fleetwood Mac .

That's right there's no reason to be ashamed you like Fleetwood Mac.

http://hirnableiter.tinycities.de/ar...twood-mac-2013

Here are a few pictures that go along with the review (I know people don't like clicking on links, but I can't get them loaded on the page):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dhaun/10287306023/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dhaun/1...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dhaun/1...n/photostream/
Old 10-15-2013, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Lindsey chillin' during Micks Drum Solo:

I had a lovely time and I'm glad that - after Cologne - I decided to go a second time.
I would say Stevie was more engaged than the last time, she dedicated Landslide to Mary and gave a lovely speech for Without You.

Lindsey on the other hand somehow did seem a bit off (at least playing his solos). Anyway: especially towards the end the venue came to life, so very good show!
Glad you had a lovely time also!!! Your pictures are great by the way. Especially the last one, with Mr. Buckingham and his handsome self. Yum!

He asked me for my love
And that was all
Old 10-15-2013, 12:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thank you. I have some more, but I need to sort them out first.

When Stevie told the Without You saga at the end as always she told Lindsay to say his part. It went something like this:

S: So Lindsey... say something...
+nothing+
S: Something nice...
+nothing+
S: I know - that's not easy.

She easily amused herself there, cause she cracked up after that.
Then after Lindsey's part she told John that he's welcome to say something as well and pointed at her microphone.

He declined by saying: I think you're doing a pretty good job by yourself there.

I really hope someone recorded that part cause it was too cute.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thank you. I have some more, but I need to sort them out first.

When Stevie told the Without You saga at the end as always she told Lindsay to say his part. It went something like this:

S: So Lindsey... say something...
+nothing+
S: Something nice...
+nothing+
S: I know - that's not easy.

She easily amused herself there, cause she cracked up after that.
Then after Lindsey's part she told John that he's welcome to say something as well and pointed at her microphone.

He declined by saying: I think you're doing a pretty good job by yourself there.

I really hope someone recorded that part cause it was too cute.
I hope someone will post that video too it sounds great. I seems the band has really gotten comfortable with each other this time around and when they relax and are not scripted they are really very funny.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Little more of Rhiannon
willnix

http://

Sad Angel
Rob64Live

Old 10-15-2013, 04:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Rob64Live:

Great recording! 11 full minutes of GDW.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Never Going Back Again
Rob64Live

Go Your Own Way
Rob64Live

Old 10-15-2013, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Great recording! 11 full minutes of GDW.
Thank you for posting this. I'm always pleased when the filmer uploads the entire song. And welcome to The Ledge and for your contributions.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

. Thank you.

Nice review/article (Google translate):

Gold dust on the vocal cords
Fleetwood Mac awaken in the sold-Schleyer-Halle old dreams
By Bernd Hüttenhofer

STUTTGART it was actually quite simple, says Lindsey Buckingham, the lead guitarist of Fleetwood Mac, before rappelvollem house. One must only find a formula for success and then to squeeze the last drop. The stupid thing about it is that is only offered from an economic perspective approach for artists, however fatal. So Buckingham has taken a new direction with the band in the late seventies and "Tusk" is set in the world. And this work we will now celebrate with a few songs, he announces.

Tusk was an ambitious, far ausholendes double album with a unique theme song, a kind of tribal singing with pronounced rhythmic structures. And an album that nobody expected, not after "Rumours", this stroke of genius from the year 1977.
Easily have never made it Fleetwood Mac, and certainly not during and after their aptly "rumors" baptized main work. Emerged in London in 1967 from John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, named after drummer Mick Fleetwood and bassist John McVie band survived several line-up changes. 1970 came McVies Christine Perfect, previously singer at Chicken Shack, the band. The formation, which is appreciated throughout the world for decades, created in 1975, as the U.S. duo Buckingham / Stevie Nicks brought new influences and ideas into the band.
The success took its toll. When the five met in the spring of 1977 in California in the studio to record the new album, were all private worlds in ruins. Fleetwood had found out that his wife cheated on him Jenny, the marriage of McVies was after eight years at the end, and also the long-standing romance between Buckingham and Nicks ended in tears and bitterness.
In this highly emotional, explosive mélange, additionally fueled by alcohol and drug problems, was one of the most successful works of popular music, on a par with "Dark side of the Moon" by Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin IV, or "Thriller" by Michael Jackson. Some 45 million copies of "Rumours" were sold today. Eleven songs of timeless beauty, presented with great ingenuity, craftsmanship and perfect production.
Now, Fleetwood Mac for the first time in years on the road, first in the USA, now also in Europe. It was not a bad idea, the concert with three tracks of this album (Second Hand News, The Chain and Dreams) to start. And then early Rhiannon, a hymn like a sunrise. You do not know which to admire more: Nicks hoarse, like gold dust finished, voluminous voice, or her talent for composition, which has also yet to be loose enough for an outstanding career as a solo artist. For the journal New Musical Express Nicks is "the ultimate rock goddess".
For the fans in Stuttgart too. The game was quickly won the audience hooked with irresistible melodies. Two and a half hours were "The Mac" the tension high throughout. And creativity in the band is reawakened after ten years of hiatus. As the wonderful "Sad Angels", was a four new, recently released songs, ammunition reinserted in the barrel.
In the end, only one blemish was Christine McVie is no longer there since 1998. They missed as a songwriter, but even more than vocal counterpart to Nicks. Buckingham is an exceptional guitarist and arranger, his voice less impressive potential. Maybe that is why Nick has betrayed a reporter before the tour that they would be ready immediately, Christine McVie five million U.S. dollars, payable to the hand when she goes back on tour.
Wish we fully support, but we do not even have the five million on hand.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.fnweb.de/nachrichten/szen...onen-1.1245621

Reincarnation of rock icons

23 songs and a sprawling story short: That makes a total of nearly three hours. With a long, long stretches very entertaining set to "Fleetwood Mac" Report after longer periods of abstinence on German stages impressive comeback. This is the third incarnation of the rock shows dinosaurs alive and puts the 9500 fans in the Schleyer Hall in Stuttgart, in rapture. In the middle part of the show, however it is to survive a little losing streak. These make the incredibly dynamic versions of the big hits, especially the enthusiastic "Do not stop" but up for it, so the bottom line is that the concert is a rousing nostalgia trip with some new soundscapes.

They kissed and she raced. The band's history is marked by some turbulence. Currently, all have love again. The founders Mick Fleetwood and John McVie always maintain an intimate relationship and are likely to continue in their musical liaison on cloud nine. Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham have love again and they also show. Holding hands they present themselves to the audience. This is also necessary. Because without the recovered harmony between the two protagonists of the band the rebirth of the former rock icons would certainly not have been possible in this form. And as a collective bliss this evening in Stuttgart Schleyer-Halle is nothing in the way.

Of course opened "Fleetwood Mac" the evening with a song of their mega-Sellers "Rumours", which has sold more than 40 million times, and the British-American band has catapulted into rock royalty. In "Second Hand News," but the sound is a bit shaky, just like Stevie Nicks voice. However, both turns for the better soon. "The Chain" is served extremely rocky. Both songs are prime examples of the former success of the band: catchy, poppy melodies backed by a rocking rhythm rug. That has not changed even in 2013, as evidenced by some new songs that seamlessly blend into the musical whole.

The machinists Mick Fleetwood and John McVie put the former rock-pop flagship belonging under steam. The captain, however, clearly Lindsey Buckingham. He is the musical mastermind. That he messed up the input stanza of "Go your own way" and the very high notes are no longer his thing given. Vocally, the performance is fine, however what he delivers as a guitarist, is top notch. First, it is limited to occasional sprinklings. A first taste of his skills he delivers on acoustic guitar. In "I'm so afraid" then there is no stopping it. Buckingham embarks on a stunning solo that can fold down in the audience in awe of the lower jaw to the many amateur guitarists and the rest of the round simply blows away.

Of course, the ravages of time has not gone unnoticed by the members of the band. Stevie Nicks no longer hovers lightly and elves just above the stage. The grip has increased here. The ground is good for the songs that do not come along quite as smooth as on the CD, but essentially raw and unpolished look, this adds to their character and sustainable lodged in the ear canals.
© Frankish news, Thursday, 10/17/2013
Old 10-16-2013, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Badische Zeitung

http://www.badische-zeitung.de/rock-...und-das-leiden

Photo caption: With Rapunzel hair and fluttering dress the pirouettes dancing Stevie Nicks Fleetwood Mac is eye-catching remained (archive picture).

Thursday 17 October 2013

Fleetwood Mac in Stuttgart: The love and suffering

Fleetwood Mac have raised the pop catharsis as an art form. At the concert at the Schleyer Hall in Stuttgart, the band celebrated the suffering love as the basis of their hits from 40 years.

Fleetwood Mac 1977 was the year of the crisis. In the structure of the quintet was seething, the metamorphosis from blues to soft rock music had left scars that two pairs of the band had broken up. Today the 40-million-selling masterpiece "Rumours" was born out of the mess, a cast hits in personal accounting. The pop song as carved in stone psychogram - this genre then drove the band to perfection.

As the epic show was nearly sold out in Stuttgart Schleyer Halle, the characters have the front Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham still fun to maintain the myth of their rollercoaster relationship. The songs from "Rumours" were like the skeleton of the journey through four decades of history of the band.

Even without the long-songwriter who quit third force are Christine McVie Fleetwood Mac 36 years later, more than a tribute band of themselves: drummer Mick Fleetwood packed in a heating opener "Second Hand News" with enormous physique. John McVie reveals in "The Chain" in its core bass runs, still the British Blue School of the sixties. And even if he sometimes even love to celebrate, Lindsey Buckingham has kept his bestaunenswertes, free plectrum guitar playing at a high level in all the years. With Rapunzel hair and fluttering dress the pirouettes dancing Stevie Nicks has remained an eye-catching, but their brats like voice creates the beautiful Dangling no longer in "Dreams" and "Rhiannon". "Gold Dust Woman", her sinister drug song, the vocal maturity comes Fake But against this, as its atmospheric twin, "Sister Of The Moon" from the album "Tusk".

Even this, their probably most artistic work is showcased the band its own block, which brings two highlights: "Not That Funny" is hingebrettert as an anarchic carnival-folk and the pompous, march-like title track begins unexpectedly with a lost surf guitar. The dreamy "Sara" then intimacies: Nicks and Buckingham embrace such dismissal, and the guitarist starts his ego trip: For "Big Love", he dives into a fiercely highly acclaimed, breakneck finger picking, is the subtle folk bards in "Never Going Back Again ".

The sequence resolves a lost folk song from the early days of Stevie and Lindsey. The Love Serenade "Without You" is used to show the two, Fleetwood Mac is secondary to this sob to Intermezzo. Finally, the return to "Rumours": With "Go Your Own Way", the band lying in a triumphant eviction, the grizzled fans flock to the stage. And at the very end of a gift for the friends of Raren: "Silver Springs", the action of an abandoned woman who becomes the avenging angel, falls again to the big moment between Nicks and Buckingham, the singing to himself with intense anger. Pop music as catharsis of love life, once lived through violent, even after all splendidly staged today.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Photo Caption: As ever: the fairy with tambourine, Stevie Nicks, the so smart as Lindsay Buckingham solo blessed and behind Schlagzeugbär Mick Fleetwood.

Augsburger Allgemeine October 15, 2013

http://www.augsburger-allgemeine.de/...d27399672.html

The Dance of the Vampires Pop

Why after 40 years of a concert of the band is a joyous occasion of Wolfgang Schütz

Stuttgart Last Saturday, record fair in Ulm. The customer asks for the album "Rumours" by Fleetwood Mac from the year 1977. The seller sighs and says: "They want to just have it all." He just did not get the demand afterwards. A legend is flourishing. And there is a reason.

Monday evening, Hanns-Martin-Schleyer-Halle in Stuttgart. It is at every stop on the world tour this a moment of pause, in all 47 appearances in the biggest arenas in the United States and on the way to Europe just now here, too: In the middle of the show highlights Stevie Nicks, this once on the wings of cocaine reprobates but never quite fallen elf, to a long history. She tells how she then came out with the guitarists to her left, Lindsay Buckingham, the band behind her on the drums sitting Mick Fleetwood - from that step, then, as from the then successful beat combo Fleetwood Mac, the more successful pop band was. Not only music history resurrects there, but an entire cultural era that is celebrated here as well as anywhere from a full house.

Nick tells the story of a happening in 1971 with Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix, the love between her and Buckingham, all that was "amazing" was, she says, running his inevitable fingerless gloves through still somehow blond hair, in the dress of an esoteric priestess with high heels next to her, the Hammond organ, drums behind the mandatory Gong. Janis and Jimi are long dead, the then incipient turbulence and noise from between her love, Buckingham and
Fleetwood long been pacified. Nick, now 65, says: "It all seems one hundred years ago, we see ourselves as vampires, because we are still here." And then she sings a little tinny than once "Without You" and stalks to their free dance. Because the work of the past is not just merely history, so here is the celebration of the survivors.

The Seventies dominate, "Little Lies" remains unplayed fortunately

There are a feast, solid craftsmanship cooked, served with joy, spread over more than two and a half hours. Dominate the seventies with the songs of the album "Rumors", from "Dreams" to "Do not Stop", to Nick 'older showpiece "Rhiannon" and "Landslide", the headstrong powerful soundscapes of "Tusk". Mick Fleetwood, a bear in red are Tanzschühchen, powerful and unobtrusively
accompanied by John McVie on bass, the rhythm. The smart now Lindsay Buckingham's guitar solo blessed the God, committed on the borders of the vocal singing partner of Stevie Nicks (Christine McVies voice still missing).

Buckingham and accomplishes great when he made his pathetic "Big Love" including shooting rampage at the Acoustic relish destroyed by the end of the eighties. How about all those synth-pop phase negligible effect. "Little Lies" remains completely unplayed, "Gypsy" has completed. For, "Go Your Own Way" is celebrated and "Gold Dust Woman" may escalate even psychedelic. For the paradox is just pop in the rule: News has come about quickly, Mature earlier timeless. Paradox two: Fleetwood Mac at that time were probably the band whose music you have at least noted the Durchgeknallt of her musicians. So they can, quite sober, forking out a heap of Psychedelic. This highlights its roots, gets them good, is celebrated frenetically. Because: Was it "amazing" time! Oh yes, there was now a new piece: "Sad Angel". Nice. But who cares?