User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Bob Welch with Head West

I know a lot of people in this forum have pretty much all the albums that are relevant to the members of this era, but I'm hoping that there are a few lurkers out there that don't.

If memory serves me right, this was originally released as just Head West, and then the title changed to capitalise on Bob's fame to "Bob Welch with Head West". Bob's contribution to this album is minimal in terms of vocals (just the one track) but it is interesting nonetheless for the completist.

For further info on this one - http://discog.fleetwoodmac.net/discog.php?pid=383

To download - http://www.mediafire.com/?rpmtalekkqp7fm0

So, once you have downloaded this album and listened to it (and this is the tricky part ) please come back to this thead and talk about the album and what you think about it. For those who actually have the album already, what do you think about it?

Personally I'm not a big fan of soul music but even I find this album quite listenable. I'd suspect that it isn't the sort of music you'd find the youth of today listening to any more than you'd find them listening to a James Brown album. Sadly we can't really help the decline in musical stardards of today's artists can we?

Sadly the only song with Welch on lead vocals "Someday" is one of the two tracks I don't like off the album (the other being the instrumental "Attention").

Finally are there other out of print albums by other FM members that anyone out there is wanting?