Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Atlantic City - FM was on fire!

All I can say is WOW, THEY WERE ON FIRE! They sound tighter and rocked the night away and were on FIRE!

High notes on Dreams, Rhiannon, and OMG, loved GDW, even better than in March at the Washington, DC show. The GDW wail was AWESOME and she held the note really long. The end of the song Stevie is singing lower and it really works.

Landslide wad dedicated to a guy in Pennsylvania and Stevie said he knows why she is dedicating the song to him.

Lindsey towards the end of the show screamed...."THEY LOVE YOU STEVIE!"

Silver Springs was dropped agan and don't know why. Can't be because of Stevie not feeling well or whatever because Stevie was really energetic and full of smiles and really rocked it tonight.

Could not tell what boots she was wearing but did see the leather boots I think, not sure if they were leggings over the frankenboks or if she wore normal boots, could not tell... but they looked like leather boots. She was moving around a lot and smiling and enjoying herself. Oh, and instead of Stevie going over to Lindsey's mic at the end of Sara, Lindsey came over to Stevie a little and then Stevie walked over to LB and they did there little hug, which I know is staged,but still cute...no sweaty rub that I could tell, just a genuine looking hug, staged or not, again, very cute.

At the end of the intros, Mick grabbed his stage balls and was pointing at John and John made little scissor movements to kind of say... cutting the strings on his balls, not sure if that was what really was going on, but that is what I took away from that.

Stevie did give her little Gypsy story, which the crowd enjoyed.
Stevie also said something as an intro to Storms something about dreaming or dreamy not sure, the guy next to me was talking to me and did not really here what Stevie was talking about.

I waited today until 4 pm to get tickets and got section 2 Floor, row 12. which was further back than I was hoping for, but was a straight line of site to Stevie's mic. I got my camera into the venue but could not take any photos or videos because I was the last row right before the soundboard staging area and there were event/security guys standing right behind me, so it would be really obvious what I was doing and did not want to risk getting caught or thrown out.

In summary... FM really rocked Atlantic City tonight and they were on FIRE!
Everyone seemed to really kick it up a couple of notches. Stevie seemed energetic and smiling...no really bored looking moments that I can speak of.

Since I was not able to take video/photos, it actually was kind of nice because even though I went by myself, no one showed up in the seat to my left or right, so had some room to really rock out and dance. And since I was in the last row in the section and the sound guys behind me, did not have to worry about standing in front of people that might want to sit. So, all in all, had a wonderful BLAST and am so glad I was able to experience another magical night with our beloved band. Again, I was reminded why I love this band so much. They are timeless and there were girls in front of me in their 20's rocking out as well.

Thank you Fleetwood Mac for such a wonderful and magical night of music!
I was in awe again about being in the same room with such legends.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:35 AM
Junior Ledgie

I don't think I've ever written in here before, so hello!

Anyway, I went to the AC show tonight, and had a BALL. I was right against the stage between Stevie and Lindsey (closer to Lindsey, though), and didn't stop dancing the entire time.

I was up front at the MSG show a few days ago too, but for some reason, tonight was on a whole other level!

I wish I could afford to travel and see more shows, I'm sad that my Mac week is over. I do have about 50 pictures, though, so I'll be reliving it that way!

Old 06-14-2009, 01:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Glad to hear you both had fun!
Old 06-14-2009, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks for the reviews.. Wow no silver springs again... I wonder if it's a time constraint in certain venues... and they don't want to pay the fee to run over.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:15 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
Thanks for the reviews.. Wow no silver springs again... I wonder if it's a time constraint in certain venues... and they don't want to pay the fee to run over.
Yeah, they're really strict about those curfews on a summer Saturday night in Atlantic City

(Stevie didn't want to sing the extra song)
Old 06-14-2009, 07:26 AM
Junior Ledgie

Great show last night -Stevie had alot of energy last night - got my seat
off ticketmaster around 3 pm - sec. 2 6th row - security was non existant
last night - only once did anyone ever check my ticket and that was
coming back and the end of Stand Back.
What was also amazing is that i got to sit thru the whole show up until
GYOW - first show i have ever been to where the front section sat down
for almost the entire show and i had empty seats on both sides of me -
the couple that was to my left that had also gotten tickets the day of the show moved up to the front of the stage even before the show started -
anyone could have gotten up there - I wondor what the people who scored
front row seats felt when they were already five people deep before the
first song.
Still a great show even after seeing them in DC and Phila this tour - Still
can't understand why they can't change up the setlist - in this case even
dropping one - go to a springsteen show - never the same show and for the
last 2 tours takes sign requests from the audience - even playing covers
they have never played before.
And to cap off a great night finding my wife after the show in the trump
at the hold-em tables cashing in up $300
Old 06-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Registered

I wish I had more nerve- and less fear! I think it'd be so...brave- to sneak in a little cdr player with powerful sound, whichever device, in a side pocket, with some cued-up Stevie-ness on it. So,when the opening bars of "Rhiannon" are played, to have the device blare out "At Laaaast, my love has come along" just before she were to sing the opening line 'Rhiannon rings like a bell through the night" but have it stop right away, so as not to throw off her and the band too much.
As the band begins Gypsy, and just as she sings 'So I'm back to the velvet underground', have the cued-up "all the waaayy, all the way down to Emmeline" play for 4 seconds, and so on. Or, as LB plucks out the opening of 'Never Going Back Again' play just a few seconds of the Mirage version ...'intense silence, as she walked in the room'.... And on The Chain, play the opening vocal lines of 'Frozen Love'-- i swear this would all be so much more inspiring to me than just hearing their stagnant set, yet again. (Though i DID really enjoy the Mohegan Sun Show I saw, though i don't think enough to go see them there again in a few days).
I guess I'd get thrown out. Almost be worth it. I'd LOVE it if some other fan did it.
Needless to say, one would have to be in the first several rows for this to work at all.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, and loved the way Stevie is extending "Draaaaaagon" during GDW. During GDW, Stevie really did have the whole audience eating out of her hand and on the edge of their seats.

I am disappointed I was not able to get audio or video but hope some will pop up somewhere. Again, have to say that last night, was AWESOME!

I wonder if anyone that got up front was able to take any decent pics or video,would love to see some if possible.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Yeah, they're really strict about those curfews on a summer Saturday night in Atlantic City

(Stevie didn't want to sing the extra song)
uh doh...thanx for taking the time to clarify~ i am sure however that stevie did discuss her wishes w/ you as to why she didn't sing SS~
Old 06-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
I wish I had more nerve- and less fear! I think it'd be so...brave- to sneak in a little cdr player with powerful sound, whichever device, in a side pocket, with some cued-up Stevie-ness on it. So,when the opening bars of "Rhiannon" are played, to have the device blare out "At Laaaast, my love has come along" just before she were to sing the opening line 'Rhiannon rings like a bell through the night" but have it stop right away, so as not to throw off her and the band too much.
As the band begins Gypsy, and just as she sings 'So I'm back to the velvet underground', have the cued-up "all the waaayy, all the way down to Emmeline" play for 4 seconds, and so on. Or, as LB plucks out the opening of 'Never Going Back Again' play just a few seconds of the Mirage version ...'intense silence, as she walked in the room'.... And on The Chain, play the opening vocal lines of 'Frozen Love'-- i swear this would all be so much more inspiring to me than just hearing their stagnant set, yet again. (Though i DID really enjoy the Mohegan Sun Show I saw, though i don't think enough to go see them there again in a few days).
I guess I'd get thrown out. Almost be worth it. I'd LOVE it if some other fan did it.
Needless to say, one would have to be in the first several rows for this to work at all.
Time to get off the crackpipe.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
funny, love it~
Old 06-14-2009, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I doubt a little CD player would do anything - it's a loud rock concert. That would just be dumb...

Glad you had a blast - wish I could have been there! Always good to see the band is active.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i am glad that everyone had fun. did they have any new merchandise at the show? or tourbooks?
Old 06-14-2009, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Had to post this... I am still in AC and about to check out of my hotel room right now, but earlier this morning while in line at a buffet line, a woman came up to me and asked if I went to the concert last night. I am wearing my SYW shirt with the faces on the front. I said yes I was at the show last night, she was too. Then she said... can I ask you something? I said yes.

The woman in line said... Are Stevie and Lindsey married? I chuckled a little and gave the woman a brief history. Then she said, do they think they did drugs? I laughed again and said yes but sober now.

Just thought I would share a little bit of FM experience I had this morning.

Damn, I want to go to another show and it just ended. Oh well.
I will search YouTube later on to see if any lucky person got any video.

I really can not say enough how much this show really ROCKED and Stevie seemed like her energetic self with lots of smiles and could tell they all were having such a wonderful fun time up there on stage.

The sound mix at the show was done so very well. The first part of the show was less muddy sounding than at the Washington DC show. Could also be where I was standing too, but it sounded so good.

I was worried that Stevie might come across as being lethargic or just not into it, but all my worries immediately subsided as soon as the show began and everyone up there gave 110 percent and they really were on FIRE.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy1 View Post
i am glad that everyone had fun. did they have any new merchandise at the show? or tourbooks?
I only took a quick glance at the merchandise and did not see any tour books.
Only new thing for me was the tambos with the penguin and the same four face shot we all have known for too long now.

I really doubt there will be a tour book, just my two cents.